October 1st: UFC divisions will never be the same

I think the NAC, CSAC, and CABMMA should ban anyone who switches weight classes within 30 days of Oct 1 for 1 year.

So you want to give fighters an incentive not to switch to a more reasonable weight class? That seems like a pro weight cutting stance.

So you want to give fighters an incentive not to switch to a more reasonable weight class? That seems like a pro weight cutting stance.

yep, he wants to punish guys who played by the rules before and kept playing by them afterwards.

nonsense.

Actually I got kinda mixed up with that. I want to punish the guys who don't change weight classes after that date, cause then they are obviously still using IVs.

Actually I got kinda mixed up with that. I want to punish the guys who don't change weight classes after that date, cause then they are obviously still using IVs.

Gotcha. That makes more sense, though I still think it is a bad idea.

it's one of those shitty government regulations where they act on the effects of things not on the problem itself.

Kinda like a guy throwing away his bed after catching his wife with another man over it, instead of getting a divorce.

We won't get rid of people fighting others with weight advantage (the reason weight classes exist).
The problem is that these problems tend to be endemic so to get rid of them requires tearing down all of the fabric of society and rebuilding from scratch. This just isn't possible without people crying bloody murder and others crying social injustice.

I doubt we see that much change until they make weigh ins same day. People will just be forced to rehydrate slower or find an alternative method that isn't a bannable offense.

What if what happened to Oliveira was some way linked to his weight cut? This is a man that fought at lightweight for years and is not a small featherweight at 5'11.

I think it's the fighters choice on how they hydrate. I don't get why they are banning it.

Lion with no balls destroyed him under a round.

Imagine if he had a couple.

lol you act like people are going to stop? It's like schools telling kids don't bring weed, some might get caught..but the overwhelming majority wont.

Oral re-hydration can be just as effective if done properly, I doubt it will cause much havoc at all. People are just blowing it out of proportion.

The problem is that these problems tend to be endemic so to get rid of them requires tearing down all of the fabric of society and rebuilding from scratch. This just isn't possible without people crying bloody murder and others crying social injustice.

What you said makes sense for a lot of things.

But in this case, there are better alternatives that could be used, like weighting them Thursday, Friday and Saturday night (they will be there anyway).

it's a better way of getting rid of weight cut than adding a rule that it's much more easy to break.

We have to look for getting more efficient at having them at the right weight, noy just making the fighters less heathly.

We'll be getting a bunch of fight cancellations due to fighters passing out at the weigh ins.

That does not make sense to me. The don't hydrate until after the weigh-ins, now, so how would that part be different. I could see a few of them pulling out the next day when they don't recover like they used to.

That does not make sense to me. The don't hydrate until after the weigh-ins, now, so how would that part be different. I could see a few of them pulling out the next day when they don't recover like they used to.

I was just about to post this. Makes no sense whatsoever.

This is going to be interesting. First up, Gus/Cormier card

Back