October 1st: UFC divisions will never be the same

Good.

It'll be ugly for a while but divisions need to be cleaned up and rearranged. There's no reason to see a 200 pound man fighting in the 170 division.

I just don't know how McGregor is going to recover haha. Just think about how bad he looks after weigh ins. Man oh man, I hope no one gets seriously hurt.

Good.

It'll be ugly for a while but divisions need to be cleaned up and rearranged. There's no reason to see a 200 pound man fighting in the 170 division.

This is exactly right. Looking forward to all the depleted fighters after cutting 20lbs in 7 days and no IV. They deserve to suck.

Bets on Gastelum missing weight vs Brown? What should the odds be? +200?

We'll be getting a bunch of fight cancellations due to fighters passing out at the weigh ins.

I don't think it will be as big of a deal as most people think. Not that he's the majority, but Matt Brown did a q&a on periscope where the IV ban was brought up and he said that he's only been doing it for a short time. Matt Brown is a huge WW. If he can make 170 using oral hydration, or other methods within the rules for the majority of his career, I would think that most guys could make it work as well.

People will have to move up weight classes.Either that or people were taking about getting round the ban using glass bottles instead of an iv bag.Be interesting to see for sure.

FW and BW are screwed since they are the most extreme weight cutters. I think a lot of those guys will try to rehydrate normally, not feel as good or perform as well and then be forced to move up.

I think for the most part though, it's just a hack and guys will get used to not getting to use it as a crutch. It might affect a handful of guys like Conor who are on the brink of death from a weight cut but most guys will be able to hydrate normally and be just fine. It's just a change in mindset.

Back