Obvious Bias in Sherdog

When talking about pound for pound best currently going I think you are talking about pretty much the UFC fighters and DJ(for the time being) and that is it for that conversation for the top 10. You can make a strong argument for Nunes cracking the top 10. There isn't any other fighter in world you can really make a case for cracking that top 10 and kick someone else out.

I don't really see any bias going on here.

Nunes is definitely on the list. Two division champ, beat Holm, Cyborg and Schevchenko and Rousey. She was the first to defend both titles too.

So why isn't she in the list? Bias

When talking about pound for pound best currently going I think you are talking about pretty much the UFC fighters and DJ(for the time being) and that is it for that conversation for the top 10. You can make a strong argument for Nunes cracking the top 10. There isn't any other fighter in world you can really make a case for cracking that top 10 and kick someone else out.

I don't really see any bias going on here.
And exactly what is your explanation for them not having Nunes on? They have Adesanya on and he has maybe done 1/2 what she has.

If not bias then?? Lol they just forgot? Oops. Obvious bias

And exactly what is your explanation for them not having Nunes on? They have Adesanya on and he has maybe done 1/2 what she has.

If not bias then?? Lol they just forgot? Oops. Obvious bias

Just double checked and they do have a separate P4P list for women which Nunes is top of.

Just double checked and they do have a separate P4P list for women which Nunes is top of.
So why don't they just say Men's P4P.

Let's not forget they only have UFC champs on there too... Not anyone from another org essentially.

The sad truth is the UFC is just better at the promoting side of promotion. Their organization is far more fan friendly and emotionally engaging than the competition.

As long as this is true there will always be bias

The sad truth is the UFC is just better at the promoting side of promotion. Their organization is far more fan friendly and emotionally engaging than the competition.

As long as this is true there will always be bias

Agreed. Look at Patricio Freire too... He has to be higher than Volkanovski or Poirier

Yeah, it's a bit biased:
Cejudo is retired.
Israel, Volkanovski, Dustin Poirier, and Deiveson should not be top 10 p4p fighters.

And what's with the gender-based p4p list? The list was literally invented to evaluate skills and achievements regardless of weightclasses. Stipe and DJ are as likely to fight eachother as they are to fight Nunes.

Mighty Mouse is the only guy from another org I'd put on a top ten P4P and I watch far too much MMA for my own good.
same here, i watch loads of mma not related to the ufc and there are certainly alot of great competitors outside the ufc ( most at lighter weight classes ) but only DJ deserves a mention in any p4p top 10 list atm. Koji Horiguchi was up there but he lost his last fight. You could make a case for Bader if he beats Nemkov as he is two division champion who is on a very decent winning streak against decent competiton.

lets be honest here. the ufc has the best pool of competitors at every weightclass with the Bellator Featherweight en Welterweight divisions being somewhat competitve and Asia having loads of good fighters at BW and below scatterd across multiple organisations.

Women have their own p4p list so i wont go into that argument but what names who are not in the ufc would you include in your p4p list TS?

Last edited:
Reactions: lsa
Pound for pound is a stupid fictional construction. There's no such thing as a "pound for pound" fight. If I were to fight someone bigger than me, there isn't a "pound for pound" setting that I can activate to grow myself or shrink him, and the same is true if I were to fight people smaller than me.

The concept of "pound for pound" is just a marketing tool to help people get interested in lower-weight divisions. Which is fine. But it makes no sense to talk about "bias" when discussing a marketing tool. It's like, "state farm's commercials are biased in favor of buying home insurance." Ok...? And?

If you had an issue with say a specific weight class ranking, ok, like we can have a real discussion about say whether Rory MacDonald is better than Vincente Luque or something like that. But if you're upset about "bias" in a "pound for pound" list...someone else's make-believe-land can have whatever it wants in it and that's not really something meaningful to take issue with.

would you put a guy in Arena Football on the best Football players list?

Nunes is definitely on the list. Two division champ, beat Holm, Cyborg and Schevchenko and Rousey. She was the first to defend both titles too.

So why isn't she in the list? Bias

When Nunes beats Volkanovski she can have a place on that list, until then she is likely no where even remotely close to top ten pound for pound fighter on this planet.

https://m.sherdog.com/news/articles/Sherdogs-PoundforPound-Top-10-Rankings-174629

Look at this article. Only fighters ,except Demetrius, from UFC and NO women.

They even had an article telling us why people shouldn't think that only the UFC has the best fighters..

I've been traveling for years and I'm a changed man returning to post.

We have a women's P4P - https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogs-WMMA-PoundforPound-Top-10-173946

Also, which male non-UFC fighters besides Demetrious Johnson do you think are worthy of pound-for-pound consideration, based on their resumes of ranked fighters -- which our rankings include fighters in the UFC, Bellator, PFL (or we did), Rizin and One? Not to mention several other regional orgs? Darrion Caldwell? Patricio Freire? Ryan Bader for his wins over Matt Mitrione and King Mo not to mention Fedor?

Back