Obstruction of Justice

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JDragon, Jun 9, 2017.

1. JDragon

JDragon DOX News Anchor Platinum Member

Now I am not a lawyer and not an expert on US law. I am just repeating what I read in this. People with actual insight may feel free to correct me.

There is the distinction between general and specific intent:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/general-vs-specific-intent.html

Obstruction of Justice belongs into the former category. It therefore is not necessary that Trump intended to mess with an investigation. It is sufficient that he knowingly acts in a way that he accept that the investigation could be impeded. Sending all others out of the room, including Sessions, strongly seems to indicate general intent.

I still don't believe in the impeachment angle, at least not for the next year or so. Democrats better be damn sure about their case before they push for impeachment or they will have a) an even worse credibility issue and b) the problem they would not be able to use future outcomes of any Russia investigation. Republicans would likely rather have Pence take over in the hope he is more reliable and predictable - but Trump's Base is still considerable.

So for the following year, I believe in the following probabilities:

65% - nothing happens
    25% - Trump resigns and creates a stab-in-the-back myth
    10% - impeachment trial

2. STEVEN SEAGOLD

STEVEN SEAGOLD Banned Banned

He will get impeached. It's only a matter of time.