Observation on Joe Rogan’s podcast

I think part of the reason people watch JRE is because he isnt the smartest person

He's far easier to relate to and understand than someone who hasnt spent a day outside of intellectual circles

Not that it makes joe any better than them, just more relatable

I think part of the reason people watch JRE is because he isnt the smartest person

He's far easier to relate to and understand than someone who hasnt spent a day outside of intellectual circles

Not that it makes joe any better than them, just more relatable
An appeal to the masses. The idea this moron is seen as a symbol of masculinity makes my blood boil. “Yeah call yourself an idiot and don’t take serious positions on anything bro! Just smoke weed and talk about dumb shit!”

His management group group making him have shitty guests on like Steve Aoki is what ended him as regular listening for me. I used to listen to them all, now only if the guest interests me.

Meh, he has on all kinds of guests. It's a good thing to hear differing perspectives, even if you may disagree. You don't have to listen/watch if you don't like the guest. A new ep will be out in no time.

Rogan guests have always been a mixed bag of thinkers, scientists, academics, athletes, conspiracy nuts, political figures, and enthusiasts from his various hobbies (archery, hallucinogens, comedy) etc. Rogan has said many times he isn't interested in most A level stars because their lives are, at least to him, boring. Joe only has one requirement for his show, be passionate and open about whatever topic you specialize in.

I don't like them all and disagree with many but nonetheless I always learn something.

joe has always had major insecurities but this made him seem normal in the early days.
Major communication issues. major lack of understanding of his influence and most of the ideas he trys to sell on other people repeatedly every podcast. speaks with to much authority and judgement for someone who doesn't want to be taken seriously. there is a responsibility to his position if he continues to be the way he is because our country has trust and leadership issues so if you become popular and speak on politics the way joe does you can effect the opinions of millions so to ignore that is silly especially when joe speaks how he does half the time. . .

since he moved to texas hes started to periodically use southern sayings, thanks god for things, speak with an accent randomly and acts like hes some action movie guy from texas now. he is a business at this point fully compromised by life and everything else in it.
he used to seem more open minded in his opinions and maybe slightly less like he thought and acted like everyone else was exactly like him.
somewhere along the way his personality shifted a bit and thats where it got to hard to listen to the show anymore. literally entire podcasts hes ranting about garbage and has made certain topics a mainstay on his podcast that literally do not fit in with anything he is and i don't understand how his fan base even cares.
he responds to media bullying him very poorly.
hes just off. its hard to point out the best examples without going from his first pod cast until now to scan through but i think a lot of long time followers will agree there was a point he shifted and it hasn't been easy to listen to him since.

initially i thought it was the testosterone replacement therapy and his ego taking over this happens to a lot of guys and then they act in almost the same way he does . then him just being an old dad because he has that vibe a lot when he preaches. now it just seems like he wants to make sure he continues to make money with the podcast and maintain his business and push his political ideas. he can't handle criticism well either and immediately resorts to aggression.

Seems like Joe has had a lot of midwit tier guests and celebrities. Not saying that it’s a retraction of his regular programming but you can tell he is desperate to gain respectability. Having Yale professors that offer plumline liberal takes, “responsible” handlings of world affairs, etc. etc. Joe needs to embrace his eccentricities and stop worrying about what the Wall Street Journal has to say about him, or that woke twitter treats him as a pariah because he’s friendly with Alex Jones.

Your complaint is that he has people who aren't morons on?

Idk why so many people come here to complain about rogan's podcast. Stop listening to it if it really erks you to such an extent.

I tune in if he has interesting guest on, rogan does alright i guess. Nobody should be taking covid 19 advice from JRE obviously.

Your complaint is that he has people who aren't morons on?
Again, it’s midwit tier shit. If I wanted these sort of takes I’d turn on CNN. I don’t want to listen to 2 hours of it.

Again, it’s midwit tier shit. If I wanted these sort of takes I’d turn on CNN. I don’t want to listen to 2 hours of it.

tenor.gif

who is forcing you to listen to stuff you don't like? honest question.

He didnt start a podcast just to talk to dumbasses. He's genuinely in learning things.

tenor.gif

who is forcing you to listen to stuff you don't like? honest question.
This fallacious argument again... Joe should care if I don’t want to listen because I am a potential listener... and I can hate on anything I want.

Seems like Joe has had a lot of midwit tier guests and celebrities. Not saying that it’s a retraction of his regular programming but you can tell he is desperate to gain respectability. Having Yale professors that offer plumline liberal takes, “responsible” handlings of world affairs, etc. etc. Joe needs to embrace his eccentricities and stop worrying about what the Wall Street Journal has to say about him, or that woke twitter treats him as a pariah because he’s friendly with Alex Jones.

Well, he had Glen Greenwald recently and i thought that was pretty good. Glen is chaotic neutral imo, and his episode was pretty dope

This fallacious argument again... Joe should care if I don’t want to listen because I am a potential listener... and I can hate on anything I want.
it's not an argument. it's an honest question. who forces you to listen to stuff you don't like?

it does not even need to include joe or what you feel he "should care" about. it can be about anything you don't like. for example, who forces you to listen to music you don't like? who forces you to watch movies you don't like?

I like JRE because he has a small colloquial knowledge on everything and a curiosity to learn more by talking about it. He wants a conversation rather than an interview. See his Neil Degrasse Tyson for an example of a total blowhard interview where he tries desperately to keep it on the rails of conversation.

But I have to admit I'm really starting to tune out because he's acting like a vegan where he trumpets his latest hobby. For all the times he mentions hyperbolic chambers and hunting, fuck.

I like JRE because he has a small colloquial knowledge on everything and a curiosity to learn more by talking about it. He wants a conversation rather than an interview. See his Neil Degrasse Tyson for an example of a total blowhard interview where he tries desperately to keep it on the rails of conversation.

But I have to admit I'm really starting to tune out because he's acting like a vegan where he trumpets his latest hobby. For all the times he mentions hyperbolic chambers and hunting, fuck.

Try Lex Fridman if you haven't already. Just as good for discussion but none of the fluff that is Rogan's hobbies and more concentrated within the sciences. On Rogan, I skip at least 40% to 50% of his guests because I don't find them interesting.

About two years ago the JRE changed. It's not what we think or thought it is anymore, stop watching it...

I enjoyed the luke Thomas podcast. And can never go wrong when tony Hinchcliffe is on.
Wish there were more mma episodes tho.

luke thomas being on was hilarious. it was interesting seeing someone who knew more about the workings of mma than joe, and joe having to sit back and listen/be educated on certain aspects of mma. luke seemed to have realized this, and was careful not to overstep too much.

Back