Objectively, which is the better UFC career?

Khabib had the more famous and lucrative career, but Usman will probably end up with the objectively better one if he continues to win like he has.

"objectively" lol
there's nothing objective about it aside from the number of victories

how "good" a contender is depends on largely subjective criteria

so if you want to go by objective things only, 5 defenses are better than 4. end of thread.

khabib for now, usman probably if he gets in another two defenses

Usman by actually fighting wrestlers that are elite mma fighters.

The guy who had less interim title in his weight class due to inactivity

Of course usman, most of khabib's
record is basically sparring sessions in some dagestani school gym,he is weight abuser who missed weight many times,he won his title against fucking iaquinta,he lost to tibau,he won dustin&justin fair and square I'll give him that,will be remembered in the history books for his love to tiramisu and towels

I hadn’t thought about it like that, very interesting. If I’m being completely honest with myself I have to agree that they’re relatively even in terms of records and quality wins.

IlThe biggest difference though is that Usman is fighting in a division with a tough GOAT to crack in GSP while LW has been relatively up for grabs with no one thus far being able to surpass 3 defenses as champion. So Khabib is up there on the list because he’s probably the LW GOAT while Usman isn’t even the best historically within his own division. Just my two cents.

Usman: 14-0, 5-0 in title fights, wins over Colby, Woodley, Leon, Maia, RDA, Burns, Masvidal x2

Khabib: 13-0, 4-0 in title fights, wins over Poirier, Gaethje, Conor, RDA, Barboza, Iaquinta, Michael Johnson

I think many people would automatically say Khabib, but if we look at things 100% objectively (I know, tough to do for a lot of Sherdoggers), I don't think the answer is conclusive at all. In fact it seems very, very even, both from an overall record standpoint and level of competition.

It would be very tough for me to rank one career over the other at this point, I think it's disingenuous for people to definitively claim that Khabib is one of the GOATS without also including Usman there. In fact I might give Usman the slight edge overall, as he has an extra title defense and has developed the ability to strike at a high level and finish people on the feet, to go along with his elite grappling (while Khabib remained a bit more one dimensional in his career). But I also wouldn't fault someone for ranking Khabib slightly higher, as there's some subjectivity there and both are top 10-15 all-time greats IMO. I just think objectively, the gap isn't very large. Would love to hear other objective Sherdoggers' opinions here who can look at things without using emotion.

I agree with the feeling Usman has a slight edge on paper. Usman is also a much more well rounded fighter.

The big difference here is that Usman can add to his resume and well and truly eclipse Khabib pretty quick if he wins the next couple of fights.

Usman to me. Khabib is the LW GOAT and that’s a great accomplishment, Usman is on his way to being one of the p4ps if he keeps this pace going.

the more time that passes the more khabib fades as goat imo

he will be a guy who retired with perfect record but didnt truly test himself

Back