Objectively, Usman >> Khabib in all-time rankings.

Even if this were true, that's not Usman's fault that Khabib didn't rack up more wins.

Usman has already defended his title 2x since Khabib retired, and his defending it a 3rd time in November. In a single year he'll have defended his title as many times as Khabib did in 3.
Khabib was suspended for a year and then had the pandemic, circumstantial, hardly his fault. Everyone knows Khabib could defend his title against Masvidal level opposition 2-3 times a year easily and still remain undefeated.

And yet he beat the old champ… after 2 years not training MMA.
After all was said and done, he beat only 2 guys that deserved a title shot, and that’s the bottom line
You got it the other way around, the old champ didn’t train mma for 2 years because he knew he couldn’t successfully defend his title. If Conor faced Khabib at ufc 205 instead of Eddie Alvarez he would've still gotten chocked out, anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that.

Definitely. Going out on top to protect your legacy will keep Khabib glorified though.

This is just sad level of reaching. I mean how these two even remotely close?

FeminineHauntingBooby-size_restricted.gif

If you're gonna bring up the this KD......then you gotta talk about this, which was much closer to ending the fight. Usman was not in any trouble there.

That shows the whole sequence, Dustin had a very tight choke for a long time. Khabib even said in the post fight how the first one was very close. But yes.....Johnson didn't really do anything to Khabib. Dustin had him trouble.

You're gonna objectively tell us that Burns had Usman in more trouble than Dustin had Khabib??

I mean if were talking about who was closer to losing, I think it's pretty clearly Khabib.

Khabib lost to first to Gaethje and the 3rd to Conor. Try again amigo. LOL, he's already ahead of Khabib and pulling ahead every fight.
No he didn't lose the first to Gaethje. Usman tapped and had lost multiple rounds in the UFC. How many times has Khabib tapped?

No he didn't lose the first to Gaethje. Usman tapped and had lost multiple rounds in the UFC. How many times has Khabib tapped?

He didn't lose the first round to Gaethje? Is that a fact or just your opinion. I mean from what I understand, 2/3 judges scored the round for Justin Gaethje. Now from what I know, that would be a won round for Gaethje, no???

LOL, Usman got tapped in his 2nd pro fight. It's completely irrelevant and means absolutely nothing. It just shows how desperate Khabib fans are to protect his legacy knowing Usman is pulling ahead.

He didn't lose the first round to Gaethje? Is that a fact or just your opinion. I mean from what I understand, 2/3 judges scored the round for Justin Gaethje. Now from what I know, that would be a won round for Gaethje, no???

LOL, Usman got tapped in his 2nd pro fight. It's completely irrelevant and means absolutely nothing. It just shows how desperate Khabib fans are to protect his legacy knowing Usman is pulling ahead.
From those baby leg kicks? Lol. He was terrified of Khabib. And Khabib never lost a fight ever. Usman can never accomplish that. How many rounds has Usman lost in the UFC?

Reaching here. Khabib is a once in a generation talent. Usman is in a weak WW Division.

Khabib spent his UFC career running from WW and almost died because he was ducking that weight class knowing he’d get destroyed — let that sink in for your GOAT.

#notiramisu4u

usman will prolly be goat if he keeps the belt

WW is stacked.

Khabib spent his UFC career running from WW and almost died because he was ducking that weight class knowing he’d get destroyed — let that sink in for your GOAT.

#notiramisu4u

Usman is a massive WW himself hes ducking MW

usman will prolly be goat if he keeps the belt

WW is stacked.

lmaooo LW journeymen have been running through WW for the past few years. Chiesa is next.

WW is dogshit and far from stacked like BW, FW or LW

From those baby leg kicks? Lol. He was terrified of Khabib. And Khabib never lost a fight ever. Usman can never accomplish that. How many rounds has Usman lost in the UFC?

Here.....I will make it easy for you.

Screen_Shot_2020_10_24_at_5.32.08_PM.png

Work better now? There you go kiddo. Your boy lost the first round. And baby leg kicks?? LOL, he beat up Khabibs legs pretty bad, had some shooting right after and he was limping and he bucked his leg. Look at the ones towards the end.

Like I said, losing your second pro bout is irrelevant. Means nothing. Khabib is largely undefeated cause he was facing the easiest competition coming up in his daddies events in Russia.

Usman also fought multiple 5 round fights before his title shot, Khabib only fought 3 rounders. Chances are much great to lose rounds in a 25 min fight than a 15 min fight.

You can argue and spin this any way you want. But fact is that Usman keeps distancing himself with every win. He beats Colby again in November and that's 5 defenses, then Leon and its 6. By that point its not even debatable.

Khabib is top 3 GOAT because of who he beat and how he beat them

Usman has faced multiple journeymen in his title fights and got dropped by one of them

Also, Usman has never faced a "bad matchup", that is bullshit. There isn't anyone like Whittaker or Aldo at welterweight
lol what are you talking about. usman has fought much better. 155 was made for a strong wrestler . also usmans weightclass has much better fighters as generally tiny people don't go down the fighting route. adult sized athletes are far more likely. so statistically your fighting a higher caliber of people at that weight. also marty never struggled with his weight. and he still may go up a class. if you wanna be the best you gotta see if your skills can translate up a weight class and not just rely on size

TS spitting facts and the only ones who desperately fight them are the religious trolljobs who solely root for Kabin because they share the same religion… LOL this religios bandwagon bitches are the worst fanbase we ever had in mma, ever!

Khabib resume is overrated. He had the potential to be a GOAT but retired too early.

Khabib is top 3 GOAT because of who he beat and how he beat them

Usman has faced multiple journeymen in his title fights and got dropped by one of them

Also, Usman has never faced a "bad matchup", that is bullshit. There isn't anyone like Whittaker or Aldo at welterweight
dude he almost beat everyone from the top 5 apart from wonderboy
how are they journeymen?
and burns was without a doubt a bad matchup for him because he couldnt use his wrestling on him
and gilbert was considered to have "better hands" before he fought usman.

stop talking out of your ass

Khabib = once in a generation talent
Usman = once every 3 years talent

TS spitting facts and the only ones who desperately fight them are the religious trolljobs who solely root for Kabin because they share the same religion… LOL this religios bandwagon bitches are the worst fanbase we ever had in mma, ever!
fun fact even usman is muslim
but these khabib fanboys are just old conor fanboys who converted over

Usman is still fighting and he is beating contenders twice now. Khabib didn't clear out his division. That could be because LW has more talent and brought in some guys like Chandler. I don't fault Khabib for leaving; he made enough money and Usman still doesn't have his money fight. Usman should have called out GSP instead of saying old generation fighters aren't as good.

For some reason they're not mentioned in the same vicinity, but when you look at it objectively they should be closely ranked/rated.

Khabib: 13-0, 4-0 title fights, 8 years Total UFC record of Khabib's opponents when facing him: 89-33-1 (2) [71.2% win rate] . Total UFC record of opponents after facing Khabib: 37-40 (1) [47.44% win rate]
Usman: 14-0, 5-0 title fights, 6 years Total UFC record of Usman's opponents when facing him: 110-31-2 [76.92% win rate] . Total UFC record of opponents after facing Usman: 28-21 (1) [56% win rate]

In fact, there's a solid case Usman should be ranked ahead of him. Usman:
  • actually beat the champ (x4 defending) to become the champ, whereas Khabib beat #11 Iaquinta.
  • is the more active fighter and champion. Khabib had 2 interim champs in his reign.
  • has faced a wider range of skillsets, including bad matchups.
  • didn't retire in his prime and is doing rematches.
  • has never missed weight or been suspended.
Some say Khabib beat 3 top P4P fighters in a row, but this is disingenuous. Justin and Conor's P4P rankings were extremely inflated. Usman may not be as dominant as him, but he's dominant enough in his own right.

You can bring up Usman's submission loss to Caceres...

20130528115635_827Q9055.JPG

...but this happened around the same time as this fight, a fight Khabib realistically should have lost.

NINTCHDBPICT000624405328.jpg

All in all, they're both generational talents, but I'm tired of seeing them rated differently as if they're not in the same league. As Usman continues to merk people I think this narrative will become more popular.
Are you comparing a submission loss with a unanimous win that in your particular opinion should have been different? o_O

Back