Obese Tourists Too Heavy, Cripples Donkeys

If someone is too fat should you be able to reject their business

• Total voters
There's a difference between carrying bottles of water and fat Albert
I wonder just how overweight they’re talking if the average donkey can carry 150 to 300 pounds on average. There must be some seriously overweight people riding the donkeys.

Well you're already half way there

i am trying to learn to swim now. watching my kids doing laps in the pool over the summer makes me want to learn so bad but the Fear is Real.

what was the thread title and what did they change it too?

Marvel Killed Off Thanos.

They changed it to Marvel Killed Character(Comics)

Then I bitch and changed it Back to Marvel Killed Thanos(Fuck whoever changed my thread, Yall Some Assholes)

and then they changed it back to Marvel killed Thanos(Comic Book)

I still dont like it.

they said people was mad about Spoilers.

I wonder just how overweight they’re talking if the average donkey can carry 150 to 300 pounds on average. There must be some seriously overweight people riding the donkeys.
Yeah I mean, over 250 isn't rare

Then I bitch and changed it Back to Marvel Killed Thanos(Fuck whoever changed my thread, Yall Some Assholes)

I still dont like it.
lol sounds like some whiny nerds reported you for spoiling.

im eating my huge bag of Doritos with a disgusted smirk right now, fat assholes crippling animals with their fatness, fuck those fat fucks

I
i am trying to learn to swim now. watching my kids doing laps in the pool over the summer makes me want to learn so bad but the Fear is Real.
est a bunch of mayo then Wade into super shallow water and lay flat on your back and just relax your body. You'll float like a dead person

Fat fuck american. Poor donkeys

fat asses killing asses smh

I still dont like it.

they said people was mad about Spoilers.
why would you spoil a comic book for people. You're almost as bad as the fatties riding donkeys

Donkeys deserve better working conditions. It's time to start a union.

"The obese and overweight tourists, combined with the lack of shade and water as well as the sheer heat and 568 cobbled steps, is what is causing such a problem."
group-tourists-on-donkeys.jpg

What started out as a way for tourists to sightsee is turning into a nightmare for the donkeys involved.

Thousands of tourists flock to the Greek island of Santorini every day to take in the beautiful sites by riding donkeys up and down the cobbled steps of the island’s hilly terrain. However, an increase in the number of overweight tourists saddling up and riding the donkeys, in addition to poor working conditions overall for the animals, has lead to a wide range of injuries for the donkeys, including spinal injuries and open wounds,

“The obese and overweight tourists, combined with the lack of shade and water as well as the sheer heat and 568 cobbled steps, is what is causing such a problem,” a spokesperson for the Help the Santorini Donkeys group said in a statement.

tourist-on-santorini-donkey.jpg

Athanasios Gioumpasis/The Sun

“There should be a weight restriction,” the spokesperson added in the statement. “With donkeys it should be no more than eight stone, but how would that be imposed and who would be there to make sure that happened?” (It is recommended that the animals carry no more than 20 percent of their own body weight.)

And because the donkeys are now being overloaded, locals have now been forced to cross-breed their donkeys with mules because standard donkeys are not strong enough to bear the weight of all the incoming tourists. during the busy holiday tourism season, between May and October, cruise ships can deliver more than 1,000 tourists a day to the island.

Santorini resident Christina Kaloudi moved from Athens to the island a decade ago and started the Santorini Animal Welfare Association in an effort to help the donkeys. She says that even though she’s seen the number of overweight tourists increase over the last 10 years, the donkeys have many other problems to worry about in addition to the heavy riders.

“The holiday season on islands is now a lot longer than it used to be, meaning that the donkeys are pretty much in work the whole year round,” Kaloudi told the Daily Mail. “If they are not transporting tourists up the steps they are moving building materials or transporting heavy bags of rubbish.”

According to the Daily Mail, donkeys are often forced to make four or five journeys a day up the cobbled steps. Temperatures can soar up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit and some donkeys are given no rest, no sun protection, and no water.

Caters News AgencyWound on a donkey from an ill-fitting saddle

Kaloudi says that while some owners treat their animals well, many have to deal with terrible conditions.

“There are some good owners out there that follow the code but generally donkeys are worked into the ground and then disposed of when their working lives are over,” Kaloudi said. “They are made to work in terrible conditions without adequate water, shelter or rest and then I find them outside my shelter, barely alive.”

An international code of practice for working equines was signed by island officials back in 2008, but unfortunately no one was designated to enforce the regulations and as a result, the donkeys’ quality of life suffers. Kaloudi said she will continue to fight for the animals and act as their advocate.

“Donkeys are very resilient animals and I will keep going for as long as they can, so when they come to me in this state, I have the utmost respect for them,”
A weight limit to help protect the donkeys seems reasonable, but the proposed 8-stone limit is ridiculous. That's about 112 lbs or 52 kilos. Even most in shape women weigh more than that. Only midgets and anorexics would be allowed to ride.

I'm anything but a tree hugger but it pisses me off seeing any animal suffer just because we can fucking do it to them.

I think it's a combination of the terrain and the conditions and the overall workload. If they were just taking people around a few blocks on a flat terrain, it wouldn't be a problem. But they're constantly going up and down an excessive amount of steps in bad conditions. Even most fat asses don't weigh over 300 lbs.

Back