Obama Warns Trump About Using Executive Orders...No Seriously

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
President Obama warned his successor, Donald Trump, to not overuse executive orders when he enters the White House in an interview aired Monday.

Obama spoke with NPR and warned President-elect Trump against exercising his authority to issue executive orders because they can be undone by the next president as easily as he signs them, United Press International reported.

After stressing that he always preferred to pass legislation through Congress rather than use executive orders, Obama gave his explanation as advice to Trump.

“Keep in mind, though, that my strong preference has always been to legislate when I can get legislation done,” the president told NPR. “In my first two years, I wasn’t relying on executive powers, because I had big majorities in the Congress and we were able to get bills done, get bills passed. And even after we lost the majorities in Congress, I bent over backwards consistently to try to find compromise and a legislative solution to some of the big problems that we’ve got–a classic example being immigration reform, where I held off for years in taking some of the executive actions that I ultimately took in pursuit of a bipartisan solution.”

“So my suggestion to the president-elect is, you know, going through the legislative process is always better, in part because it’s harder to undo,” Obama said.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/obama-warns-trump-using-many-executive-orders/

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Seems consistent with his behavior, as he's favored them far less than the past presidents:

Executive orders:
Obama = 260
GWB = 291
Clinton = 364
GHWB = 332 (166x2 because he only had one term)
Reagan = 381
Carter = 320 (in just one term!)

You have to go back to the 1800's to find a president that used them less.

And Trump's over here like:

l0HlvB3KUh8qn0vZe.gif

If he wasn't such a terrible leader and person, I would almost feel sorry for him.

Trump is going to under everything Obama has done in 1 day and then go through the correct paths to make his own laws that will be next to impossible to undo.

He's right. He's basically telling Trump "Don't be a fuck up like I was"

Respect Mr. hussein

That actually seems like a pretty reasonable statement by Obama to me.

To be fair, we shouldn't count the EOs undoing Obamas EOs

Seems consistent with his behavior, as he's favored them far less than the past presidents:

Executive orders:
Obama = 260
GWB = 291
Clinton = 364
Reagan = 381

Nice seeing someone defend Obama using facts. It's rare.

Obama is right.

What's hilarious is that he only arrived at the opinion when he came to terms with how quickly much of his legacy can/will be erased.

Executive orders:
Obama = 260
GWB = 291
Clinton = 364
Reagan = 381

Retard OP KOd

It's even heavier when you add in GWBs egregious use of signing statements and compare. Obama took us back to a responsible level of executive power. It was nice while it lasted.

Executive orders:
Obama = 260
GWB = 291
Clinton = 364
Reagan = 381

Surely the OP will address this thread destroying point.

nrvna.gif

Reality is that Obama is shook that Trump will decimate any and all of his non-existent legacy.

Executive orders:
Obama = 260
GWB = 291
Clinton = 364
Reagan = 381

Retard OP KOd

It's even heavier when you add in GWBs egregious use of signing statements and compare. Obama took us back to a responsible level of executive power. It was nice while it lasted.

Surely the OP will address this thread destroying point.

nrvna.gif

lol This is what happens when you use Wikipedia as a source.

Not all executive orders are created equal,” said John Hudak of the Brookings Institution. “Some are quite forceful, making dramatic changes to policy. Others are more routine, housekeeping issues.”

Figures compiled by the Federal Register also show that while Obama has issued 269 executive orders, to George W. Bush’s 292 and Bill Clinton’s 308, the total length of Obama’s orders equates to 1,386 pages.

Bush’s orders comprised 922 pages and Clinton’s just 781 pages.

C1-number-restrictions-executive-order_0.jpg

C2-cumulative-executive-orders-1024x696.jpg

Oh damn, he sure owned us.

I forget it's the number of pages. Doh

Damn son. You got me, dawg. You got me.

Kill yourself for actually making this argument. Kill yourself for posting those graphs while you're at it too.

You're spinning out of control.Don't be so mad.
Don't get upset when people call you out on your lack of analytical approach to a serious topic. Yeah, we all sometimes jump to figures when it looks good, but you have to look further than that to really make an intelligent argument in most cases.

Back