Obama Reportedly Close To Authorizing New American Training Of Syrian Rebels -- WSJ

There have been a lot of threads about Obama's incompetence lately. The guy just can't seem to make a good decision.

The people following the ideology are the people I'm talking about, and they're the ones who elect the politicians

But not the same people who make policy and conspire behind closed doors.

Between this and Benghazi i dont see how anyone can support this guy anymore. Why involve us like this or at all?

The only thing I thought the did wrong in Benghazi was to try to spin it and politicize it, but that's what politicians do.

Glad people are finally seeing it. Took you dumbasses long enough to come down from your highs and open up your eyes.

This is pretty disgusting. The only conceivable reasons to back the rebels at this point are to keep Assad busy and prolong the conflict. They have no chance of winning without direct US involvement. All this does it add to the misery.

if true then pretty silly. He should stay out of there. How long before Putin responds by shipping arms to the government forces?

if true then pretty silly. He should stay out of there. How long before Putin responds by shipping arms to the government forces?

If there is a group of people in the world who really doesn't mess around when it comes to fighting Jihadists, it's Russia. I wouldn't be suprised if the sent troops.

If there is a group of people in the world who really doesn't mess around when it comes to fighting Jihadists, it's Russia. I wouldn't be suprised if the sent troops.

I can't see the Russians getting involved on the ground in any major way as they are focused on the Ukraine but they have already supplied anti -aircraft weapons to the Syrian government previously. This is just a ready made excuse to keep shipping arms imo.

The only thing I thought the did wrong in Benghazi was to try to spin it and politicize it, but that's what politicians do.

Hey man don't gotta tell me that he decided in not doing the right thing. Nothing special about him.

I can't see the Russians getting involved on the ground in any major way as they are focused on the Ukraine but they have already supplied anti -aircraft weapons to the Syrian government previously. This is just a ready made excuse to keep shipping arms imo.

I don't know. We've really managed to piss Putin off over the last 10 years or so, and that guy is not messing around at all. I think he'd put troops into Syria on behalf of Assad as an open challenge to us. He's done it once over Syria already (challenged us), and flat out risked war in Georiga back in 08. Russia is still Russia, and they aren't afraid to throw their weight around.

America commiting terrorism aroynd the world? Shock and horror......

And people wonder why im not fond of the us.

I would be more than okay with the US arming and training the PKK. But I highly doubt that's what Obama wants.

Last edited:
Another nobel peace prize in the works?

Back