Obama Reportedly Close To Authorizing New American Training Of Syrian Rebels -- WSJ

Zankou

Bringing peace and love
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
What an outrage. The WSJ just reported that Obama is close to authorizing the American military to train 'moderate' rebel factions. Even at this incredibly late juncture. I can't make up my mind whether it's more incompetent or immoral. At least the WSJ posters are ripping him to shreds for it.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...780320.html&fpid=2,7,121,122,201,401,641,1009

The pathetic thing is that this training will get the US blamed for its involvement in the war, and yet it won't accomplish anything meaningful in terms of turning the tide against Assad. So not only do we look like scumbags, we will be incompetent scumbags.

The only purpose of doing this seems to be to get Saudi Arabia off our back and show some support for their mad-dog hostility towards Assad, as a symbolic gesture. Even if everybody else despises it.

It's sheer incompotence. First of all, what rebel groups are they going to try to claim are moderate? ISIS?

This certainly fits the narrative of a President who makes transparent political calculations today that have bad real world ramifications tomorrow.

I bet Putin slaps him around again in the not too near future.

We could make a bet, how long until a these weapons end up in the hands of alquaeda, and how long until they attack a commercial airliner.

ISIS is by the far the most dominate and extreme group in the area, so when you ask "how soon", the answer would be "immediately".

Shit decision. Even the moderates have some sympathies to Islamist even if they violently fight each other.

Obama is simply aiding the Saudis and Israelis. Israelis just want Assad, Hez and the Islamists to bleed each other for as long as possible, and to hell with what happens to minorities and civilians. Saudis are out and out genocidal so no further explanation required.

If the rebels win, there will be ethnic cleansing of Christians, Alawites and Kurds (assuming Kurds can't hold the Islamists back).

US has already beeing aiding rebels , lately they have been fielding US anti tank munitions.

America is now firmly responsible for the ensuing war crimes that will come about if rebels win.

Despicable.

I guess if our covert involvement from Day 1 didn't work, then an overt measure should do the trick? I wonder if this is what Barry meant when he said "this is the most transparent administration in history".

"Those who cannot learn from history are destined to repeat it"-George Santayana

Shit decision. Even the moderates have some sympathies to Islamist even if they violently fight each other.

Obama is simply aiding the Saudis and Israelis. Israelis just want Assad, Hez and the Islamists to bleed each other for as long as possible, and to hell with what happens to minorities and civilians. Saudis are out and out genocidal so no further explanation required.

If the rebels win, there will be ethnic cleansing of Christians, Alawites and Kurds (assuming Kurds can't hold the Islamists back).

US has already beeing aiding rebels , lately they have been fielding US anti tank munitions.

America is now firmly responsible for the ensuing war crimes that will come about if rebels win.

It's because the ultra, ultra left wingers who have taken control of the democratic party hear the term "rebel" and see that as somthing nice and friendly that they can sympathize with out of hand without ever finding out what these people believe

It's because the ultra, ultra left wingers who have taken control of the democratic party hear the term "rebel" and see that as somthing nice and friendly that they can sympathize with out of hand without ever finding out what these people believe

Stop with the Left vs. Right nonsense.

The only difference between the parties is guns, gays, and welfare.
They're both filthy corrupt war mongering thieves dens.

This is ridiculous.

Stop with the Left vs. Right nonsense.

The only difference between the parties is guns, gays, and welfare.
They're both filthy corrupt war mongering thieves dens.

This is ridiculous.

Really? are either of you paying any attention to the outright nonsense that has been coming out of Hollywood and the Universities in this country for oh, that last 40 years?

Really? are either of you paying any attention to the outright nonsense that has been coming out of Hollywood and the Universities in this country for oh, that last 40 years?

There are people who follow a Left/Right ideology, the political parties do not.
They argue about nonsense but they're on the same page for just about everything that matters.

There are people who follow a Left/Right ideology, the political parties do not.

The people following the ideology are the people I'm talking about, and they're the ones who elect the politicians

They argue about nonsense but they're on the same page for just about everything that matters.

I agree

Between this and Benghazi i dont see how anyone can support this guy anymore. Why involve us like this or at all?

Back