Obama renames (reverts) Mount McKinley, our highest mountain.

Let's be serious. He's against Obama renaming anything or otherwise carrying out any of the duties of his office. There is no principle here.

Dis you think this was an important thing to do? Just silly, pc nonsense. And you haven't disagreed with any decision he's made, who are you to call any poster partisan?

I didn't tell you that, so nice try. I said it to panamaerican since he said no one ever thinks about the mountain which is not true, people go there. Let me guess, you are canadian and you are telling me parts of northern canada you have been to. Now that's really pointless. Worry more about your history with your indigenous peoples than ours.

Pretty sure the indigenous people of Northern Canada (Yukon for example) are the same ones from Alaska.

Inuit (pronounced /ˈɪnuːɪt/ or /ˈɪnjuːɪt/; Inuktitut: ᐃᓄᐃᑦ, "the people") are a group of culturally similar indigenous peoples inhabiting the Arctic regions of Greenland, Canada, and Alaska.

Dis you think this was an important thing to do? Just silly, pc nonsense. And you haven't disagreed with any decision he's made, who are you to call any poster partisan?

I'm calling you partisan because you're flipping out over nothing. Basically, any time there's a story that says "Obama does X" you have a conniption. It's sad. This shit doesn't affect your life, friend.

People defend this as no big deal but obama who thinks the us is the most racist place in the world and is obsessed about the rights of every indigenous groul except the whites in europe.

wow, now that got me thinking...youre right! Obama has never addressed the plight of indigenous European whites before. The White man is facing demographic assault from the hordes of muslims and africans overrunning the continent pillaging every last cent from welfare funds and impregnating virginal pure snow maidens in their wake. But Obama remains silent! And notice how Michelle whines to #BringBackOurGirls when BokoHaram [who are black people btw!] captures a school full of black girls, but says nothing about the epidemic of Eastern Europeans trafficked into #WhiteSlavery???

We must demand this injustice be addressed. Mr. Obama, shame on you for your callous disregard to the pure white race.

Let's be serious. He's against Obama renaming anything or otherwise carrying out any of the duties of his office. There is no principle here.

And that wouldn't be an irrational position to take since Obama continually proves his incompetence in carrying out those duties.

Let me guess, this is your gotcha question and you aren't looking for clarification.
It wasn't a gotcha question, it wasn't a trap like you suggested later, it was mockery. Your posts are so moronic that no trickery was needed: you're doing a more than adequate job illustrating how ridiculous you are and need no help.

Pretty sure the indigenous people of Northern Canada (Yukon for example) are the same ones from Alaska.

I doubt they refer to "the high one" much when its hours away and in a different country. And if alaska has 20 indigenous languages, I doubt Denali means the high one in the places you've been to anyways.

I doubt they refer to "the high one" much when its hours away and in a different country. And if alaska has 20 indigenous languages, I doubt Denali means the high one in the places you've been to anyways.
Hi clmetal, did you hear about how the Obama's voiced opposition to the GOP reclassifying pizza as a vegetable!?! The affront of the president!

I'm calling you partisan because you're flipping out over nothing. Basically, any time there's a story that says "Obama does X" you have a conniption. It's sad. This shit doesn't affect your life, friend.

I wouldn't say im flipping out, more like rolling my eyes and thinking what petty pc move this is. I think its unnecessary and I think this is setting the stage for renaming everything that dates back to the early days of our country and im against that.

If the State of Alaska asked to rename it, I see no reason not to honor that request.

I have my doubts about the claims of ancient lineage for the name .... these things are often cooked up after-the-fact .... but that's true of all history, it's largely invented to give identity to people in the present.

Lets change the school curriculum to downplay the accomplishments of our founding fathers, calling them racists.
Lets take presidents off of our currency and replace them with Harriet Tubman
Lets take their names off mountains and give them American Indian names. ( i realize that was what the Indians called it)

I cant wait for this guy to be a distant memory. Along with all is policies.

for, "multi-culturalists" and other hippy-lovers, they love what obama is doing. for traditional conservatives, they hate his guts.

obama doesn't care, though. he wants to be known as THE multi-cultural president.

Oh no, i didnt respect his silly renaming nonsense. Now its called the high one, the same name as the park it is located in.

Trump renaming everything currently named after obama? That's a pathetic hypothetical, just pulling shot out of your ass.

People defend this as no big deal but obama who thinks the us is the most racist place in the world and is obsessed about the rights of every indigenous groul except the whites in europe.

So what... It's been done before.... Here's a few but most of your National parks are named after their most predominant feature.

1. Grand Teton is the highest mountain in Grand Teton National Park.
  2. Guadalupe Peak is the highest natural point in Texas and is located in Guadalupe Mountains National Park
  3. Haleakalā is a massive shield volcano that is part of Haleakalā National Park
  4. Isle Royale National Park is a U.S. National Park on Isle Royale
  5. Katmai National Park and Preserve is named after Mount Katmai, its centerpiece stratovolcano.
  6. Mount Rainier National Park is named after Mount Rainier.

I wouldn't say im flipping out, more like rolling my eyes and thinking what petty pc move this is. I think its unnecessary and I think this is setting the stage for renaming everything that dates back to the early days of our country and im against that.

How many posts have you made in this thread angrily repeating the same exact point?

It wasn't a gotcha question, it wasn't a trap like you suggested later, it was mockery. Your posts are so moronic that no trickery was needed: you're doing a more than adequate job illustrating how ridiculous you are and need no help.

I doubt it. So that was a clever, condescending rhetoric question? Ouch! Touche!

No one should question the renaming of a mountain when its done in the name of political correctness. It's the high one now, probably a description used to describe other mountains in other parts of alaska

Is someone gonna tell clmetal that Alaska asked to have this done?

Clmetal, why do you hate state's rights? Lol

How many posts have you made in this thread angrily repeating the same exact point?

Im responding to people quoting me. In the future, ill say "please refer to the 2nd sentence of my 3rd paragraph of post #21.

[YT]wOtGr1JFCnE[/YT]

[YT]ettl3zfLWus[/YT]

My apologies to Dr. Martin Luther King JR for being put in this video.

I was actually inspired by the first video. Its great to see those kids thinking positively and believing in themselves. Maybe i dont agree with Obama on everything, but those kids being so motivated made me feel good.

Solid ideas. They have my support.

The founding fathers realized themselves that slavery was wrong. Jefferson wrote about it at length. So, yeah, if you owned slaves, you were immoral even by the standards and values of the day, and shouldn't be venerated or put on money.

Tubman, on the other hand, was a true hero.

They did realize it was wrong and were integral in implementing its change. They were great men of their time and to deny that is being dishonest. They created what is still today the greatest and most free country on earth where people from all over the world still migrate to for a chance to be a part of it. That should never be downplayed because some had slaves. It was an accepted thing in society, and when that view started to change they were at the forefront of that change. But then again they were older white Christian men so they must have been evil. :rolleyes: Liberal kool aid anyone ?

you guys think when they named it mckinley some guy(maybe native american) was writing a letter to a newspaper complaining about how america aint what it used to be and remembering when things didnt have english names?

Back