Obama Portrait artist - Kehinde Wiley controversy

It's stylistic, and art is often meant to jolt the senses of the viewer.
Yes the reaction would be different if the roles were reversed for the races in the painting, because American history is of Whites enslaving and oppressing Blacks, not the other way around. People expect to sweep away history under the rug and act like nothing happened.

One can also say, just imagine if Jesus and Christianity was an African religion, would White Americans embrace it? We typically never consider that god and his messenger in our society is always portrayed as White. And Blacks are expected to worship this god and accept god as White.

Look at the modern crime rate of black on white crime compared to white on black crime ... especially when it comes to violent crimes/rape etc. If anything gets swept under the carpet and flat out ignored by the MSM, it's THAT.

We already have black history month and tons of Hollywood movies and awareness about slavery. Don't worry about that. It's not being swept under the carpet, far from it.

The Michelle one looks like amateur hour. Obama looks like he's about to pull a Homer Simpson with the ivy. That Obama Hope one was iconic, this is just hilariously bad.

As far as the artist goes it could you imagine it flipped. A White artist that paints white women decapitating black women doing a Trump Presidential portrait. That would break the internet. Par for the course with some of the company the Obama's keep.

The Michelle one looks like amateur hour. Obama looks like he's about to pull a Homer Simpson with the ivy. That Obama Hope one was iconic, this is just hilariously bad.

As far as the artist goes it could you imagine it flipped. A White artist that paints white women decapitating black women doing a Trump Presidential portrait. That would break the internet. Par for the course with some of the company the Obama's keep.

According to shercucks, it's ok. Because:

1. History of slavery.

2. It's art and art is supposed to be "edgy"

They don't want equality ... they want privilege.

According to shercucks, it's ok. Because:

1. History of slavery.

2. It's art and art is supposed to be "edgy"

They don't want equality ... they want privilege.

giphy.gif

You lot will cry about anything while in the same breath mock progressives.

Look at the modern crime rate of black on white crime compared to white on black crime ... especially when it comes to violent crimes/rape etc. If anything gets swept under the carpet and flat out ignored by the MSM, it's THAT.

We already have black history month and tons of Hollywood movies and awareness about slavery. Don't worry about that. It's not being swept under the carpet, far from it.
So in your mind incarceration isn't white on black crime? Putting a black person in prison for a joint while the white guy gets a fine and 12 hours of community service is not a crime? Racism is a thing still, stick your head in the sand if you choose but it won't change the facts.

I've got nothing wrong with that as long as we're all fine with Donald Trump getting his portrait done by an alt-right memelord who has depicted Melania beheading a black woman.

So in your mind incarceration isn't white on black crime? Putting a black person in prison for a joint while the white guy gets a fine and 12 hours of community service is not a crime? Racism is a thing still, stick your head in the sand if you choose but it won't change the facts.
By definition putting a person in prison isn't a crime unless it's due to falsifying evidence or other improper procedures.

Things WR trump bots are rustled by:

Paintings of Obama
Black people on daytime tv

For a bunch of people who cry about "identity politics" there's a never ending stream of threads crying about something relating to black people in some way.

It's not that complicated

The art itself is garbage and would be heavily criticised by any professional

lmao. i dont like the portrait or style either, but im not going to pretend to be some art connoisseur like you. "any professional" lol. the arrogance.

Modern humans do not depict beheadings which was popular a very long time ago when times were very different .

This is clear anti white message from Obama to you......

obama could never win on the race issue. whites like you think hes trying to enslave them. many blacks say he never did enough. in reality, that probably means he was right where he should be on the issue.

Black person who goes to prison for a joint, often has a long-standing criminal history and is a member of a criminal gang.

Drug crimes are quite simply an effective tool in getting some bad dudes off the streets. A bit too effective, in my tastes, but one cannot argue with the results that America has had in stamping out crime in the past 40 years, as a result of mass incarceration.

Is it the ideal way to deal with the problem? Nope. But it's one way of dealing with the problem.

crimefig1.png

crimefig5.png

He should of have that racist church pastor of his do the painting

I just think the Obama portrait itself looks like crap. Like, his chair is in the middle of a hedge or something?

Eh... I'm more interested in the stylistic shift.
The choice of an artist known for painting black people in contexts where you'd traditionally expect a white person... seems appropriate.
reagan.jpg

609b46af842397d9864163073cd2b983--american-presidents-us-presidents.jpg

clintonportrait1.jpeg

o-PRESIDENT-GEORGE-W-BUSH-OFFICIAL-PORTRAIT-570.jpg

the-national-portrait-gallery-unveils-official-portraits-of-former-president1.jpg

The only other portrait that really stands out like that is the JFK one.

John_F_Kennedy_Official_Portrait.jpg

Clinton's fingers look like Bratwursts

I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking. Black people may look a lot better in clothing and in natural light and in the White House, but white people will always look better in paintings. Hail #cuckvaggio.

Prison for a joint ?!

th

C'mon... get real. The uninformed still believe that bullshit ??

You know, if the portraits were any good, I’d give them a pass.

They’re not good.
Creating controversy to gain some popularity...art was not in good taste...and shitty...you don't need to be of certain race to appreciate good art, you don't need to be caucasian to find it brash and distasteful...I'm a minority and I find that it's bland...but because it becomes controversial, who knows...some millionaire might just hang it in a wall...

Back