Obama is young enough to have a massive influence as ex president. What is his role post Jan 20?

Then I'm against that.
With that being said, how is actual proposed policy nowhere near as bad than a simple misconstrued sound bite and how is Trump not horrible for race relations?

With that being said, how is actual proposed policy nowhere near as bad than a simple misconstrued sound bite and how is Trump not horrible for race relations?
Trump is not horrible for race relations. Obama takes top prize for race baiter. Just look at the last 8 years.

I honestly think race relations could get better during Trump's presidency. Especially if he reaches out. Black people like Trump.

Trump is not horrible for race relations. Obama takes top prize for race baiter. Just look at the last 8 years.

I honestly think race relations could get better during Trump's presidency. Especially if he reaches out. Black people like Trump.

So unconstitutional policy that targets minorities is not bad for race relations?

NZmTvaD.gif

Going in Syria, Lybia, Iraq and begging the perdon of the ihnabitans?

he didnt do very much as president besides talk

probably goign to go on to get paid to talk

probably racially divisive speeches aimed at getting minorities to vote blue

Obama will come out of the closet and become a spokesperson of the LGBTQ movement.

12452906271071.jpg

giphy.gif

52a0b06382699128b0794f908e25ebf6.jpg

What do you do when you are ex president.

Retire and die is the usual response.

Trouble is Obama is 15 years younger than the next president, and is in fact the 5th youngest president in history. He is the 12th youngest ex president in history.

In real terms he is the one of the most powerful ex presidents in history, in a lot of ways. And certainly in our generation.

430624-barack-obama.jpg

He may comfortably have won a third term, unlike clinton he is not leaving the white house mirred in scandal, or failure like W bush. he doesnt have the negative rep of jimmy carter, and has never lost an election. the only other one in living memory is jfk, and obviously he never got to be an ex president in life.

A good example of a seemingly similar example is tony blair in the uk. He never lost an election and retired to fly around the world giving speeches and living in a weird bubble of significance but never the critical political figure he had been.

images

like an undefeated boxer, comebacks were mentioned from time to time, but iraq hung around his neck far heavier than any achievements, and his own legacy politically was dismantled as the labour party became increasingly detached from his example and increasingly unelectable. if anything, the tories seemed to learn more from blair than his own party.

obama is probably one of the most successful ex presidents in history, and has no scandals against his name either. something neither of his would be successors could manage in an election cycle.

what is his role post trump, and how do you deal with having a predecessor more powerful than you are?

Manchester-United-v-Swansea.jpg

images
page-image.jpg

I think the black American Christian could be integral in saving America tbh. They are a voice being snubbed by the media in favor of the Islam-influenced violent, perpetually-wronged, bitter and entitled blacks causing so much trouble in BLM and NOI groups.

Book deal + speaking engagements + foundation + multiple board / chair positions.

All the while secretly hoping taxes remain low as his massive new found wealth accumulates.

He will be worth 500 million in a decade.

Good for him, hes educated and smart -- he should be encouraged to make and keep as much as he can.

It seems as though Obama's rise and his pretty remarkable electoral success (for both him and his party in 2008 and 2012) have paralyzed and stunted the growth of the rest of the party. He'll obviously continue to be the most popular and influential Democrat in the party (at least for the foreseeable future) but it would be best for the party if young up and comers can be quickly developed and cultivated instead of just relying on him and his coattails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back