Obama: I could have won third term

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/26/obama-could-have-won-third-term.html
President Obama suggested in an exit interview with his former top adviser that, had he been able to run, he could have won a third term in the White House.

Describing his confidence in an America that is “tolerant” and “full of energy,” Obama said: “I am confident in this vision because I'm confident that … if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could've mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it.”

“If we can't find some way to break through what is a complicated history in the South and start winning races there and winning back Southern white voters without betraying our commitment to civil rights and diversity -- if we can do those things, then we can win elections,” he said.

Obama also warned about an “era where we are looking for simple solutions … that we end up starting to shut ourselves off from different points of view, shutting down debate, becoming more dogmatic, becoming more brittle. And I don't see that being a successful strategy for us winning over the country.”

He said his party failed to connect with working-class, largely white voters, and warned that “a bit of elitism” has “crept in” to party thinking.

He recalled watching a Trump rally in Pennsylvania near where he grew up. “They’re all the people I grew up with,” he said. “They’re their kids. And they’re not racist. They’re not sexist. But we didn’t talk to them.”

lol, "we" becoming more dogmatic? then Obama must be leading the charge, he has to be the most dogmatic and ideological president in recent memory.

At least he's seeing the light but still missing the boat, it's the economy, stupid! and NO, you could not have won another term.

Obama is too intelligent to have won a third term. :rolleyes:

He would have won a third term, but that's because the other two choices sucks.

He's probably right. Trump barely won against the worst candidate this country has seen.

It's a bit weird to bring up "dogmatic" though. Hope and Change isn't much different than Make America Great Again. Both had a cult of personality feel to them.

Probably true, his approval numbers are pretty good for this point in a Presidency. Barely more than a quarter of the electorate could motivate themselves to choose either option, and it's not hard to imagine them shrugging and pulling the lever for four more years of hearing their State of the Union in more than 140 characters.

It's a bit weird to bring up "dogmatic" though. Hope and Change isn't much different than Make America Great Again. Both had a cult of personality feel to them.

yet they suggest two opposing camps: Hope and Change means the past ain't so great so we're hoping to change it. Make America Great Again means the past WAS great and we're going back to it.

He would have won easily.

The Conman Rapist is the worst president in history.... probably be in jail soon, unless the republicans prevent another Ken Starr independent investigation.

But, they didn't have any problem with Dennis Hastert. So the party of Pedophiles marches forward...

I think Obama, Biden, and Sanders would have beaten Trump handily. Only a harpie like Clinton could lose to him.

Last edited:
The child rape case has been thrown out of court repeatedly

Keep eating up the same Fake News you claim to hate though, retard

Thrown out because of time limits protected by republicans, not because he wasn't guilty.

It is OK to rape children as long as you don't get caught for a certain number of years.

Keep raping children...rapists...

I think Obama, Biden, and Sanders would have beaten Trump handedly. Only a harpie like Clinton could lose to him.

It's disgusting misogyny like that, that stopped brilliant, honest Hillary from taking her rightful mantle of First Female POTUS. Jezebel told me so.

#ImStillWithHer

Thrown out because of time limits protected by republicans, not because he wasn't guilty.

It is OK to rape children as long as you don't get caught for a certain number of years.

Keep raping children...rapists...

Oh ok

You're a child rapist, you not being guilty yet doesn't mean anything

It's disgusting misogyny like that, that stopped brilliant, honest Hillary from taking her rightful mantle of First Female POTUS. Jezebel told me so.

#ImStillWithHer

It's weird that people are still behind her and trying to reform her image into something it wasn't and never should be. Never seen a politician get such a reformed image through losing.

Back