Obama deploys troops to Syria

armbarboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/16/us-sending-400-troops-to-train-syria-rebels-this-spring/?intcmp=latestnews
For those of you worried about the content of the article since it came from Fox, don't be, it's irrelevant. This is more of a broad opinion I have on the matter, I just used this link since it was the first one that popped up on google news. There are obviously others.

The Syrian rebels, teamed up with Al Qaeda and taliban-funded cells, are nothing more than the same guys we are fighting in Afghanistan. They are religious extremists who oppose democracy. Believe it or not, and this is just my opinion, Assad has the same feelings for terrorists as we do! He hates Al Qaeda!

Why is Obama (not only Obama- McCain was a big supporter of this too, along with other Repubs) authorizing such a stupid deployment? Training the very people that will train and recruit other terrorists? What the heck is going on???

EDIT: so its only to train rebels?, lame

This was known to be inevitable a long time ago, when we committed to the rebels. That we're only sending over 100 trainers and 300 support troops is what baffles me. We're half-assing our response to ISIS imo. And of course arming people who we're going to end up fighting, but that's nearly a given over the last 40 years.

I prefer your click for profits threads. If you're going to be misleading, you may as well cash in before the ban homie.

in my opinion, I just think it's so stupid that Obama's training the very people who we're fighting in A-stan. McCain and the Republicans are just as guilty, don't get me wrong- not being Bias. He's just the Commander in Chief and he's ordering a stupid mission.

Let a thread run its course before posting another.

You have 5 threads on the 1st page alone. Try to breathe.

a little miss leading title. not surprised since its arm boy. We aren't sending troops anywhere

a little miss leading title. not surprised since its arm boy. We aren't sending troops anywhere

partly a can agree with you
we aren't sending troops anywhere
we have already sent them in 2003
or do you really believe that troops were withdrawn from Iraq?
Academi in Iraq?
American troops in Kuwait?

Back