Elections Obama campaign guru: Trump would love to run against Bernie

<bball1>

Your link isn't about Obama, it's about his campaign manager from 8 years ago. He's not allowed to discuss politics anymore either? What the hell, man? How long is the list of people you think shouldn't be allowed to discuss the upcoming election if a professional political advisor isn't allowed either? This isn't the soviet union, North Korea, or Venezuela, no matter how much Bernie wants it to be. People can still give their opinions on things, and you can show why what they said isn't true if that's the case, but what you can't do is just demand everyone shut up who doesn't support your guy.

It's his proxy. This isn't a one off, or are we forgetting the reports claiming Obama will do everything possible to stop Bernie from getting the nomination?

Show me the former Obama official that is endorsing Bernie, and I will shut up.

When all there is, is attacks from your camp. The claim to being impartial isn't credible.

Yeah, we need to keep Trump in office so other countries will take us seriously.

When did I say we need to keep Trump in office? I said Bernie is a bad candidate.

Reading comprehension, eh?

Yes, when historians evaluate presidents, the only factors they consider are who won subsequent elections. If it was someone from a different party or someone from the same party, that means the president was bad. People might not like it, but that's reality. The only thing that historians talk about when they discuss FDR is how Eisenhower winning proved that FDR was bad. And then when JFK won, that only confirmed it.

Stay simple, Jack. That's what keeps you so beloved here.

source.gif

When did I say we need to keep Trump in office? I said Bernie is a bad candidate.

Reading comprehension, eh?

You might not realize this, but the Democratic nominee will most likely be running against Trump. Google it.

The United States of America doesn't exist in a vacuum.

It does now that we are energy independent.

Save that argument for the pre-obama era when he fracked our way to energy independence, the best thing he did as president, that he even showed some actual political courage on, in standing up to people like me who only saw one side of the argument in Gaslands.

It's his proxy. This isn't a one off, or are we forgetting the reports claiming Obama will do everything possible to stop Bernie from getting the nomination?

Show me the former Obama official that is endorsing Bernie, and I will shut up.

When all there is, is attacks from your camp. The claim to being impartial isn't credible.

I guess all of these people should shut the eff up as well and let the people decide for themselves instead of trying to influence the election.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bernie_Sanders_2020_presidential_campaign_endorsements

The is stating what is certainly true, that Bernie does not have any moderate appeal and there aren't enough far left slackers wanting to torpedo the economy to win a general election.

I guess all of these people should shut the eff up as well and let the people decide for themselves instead of trying to influence the election.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bernie_Sanders_2020_presidential_campaign_endorsements

None of those people are the former president of the United States.

He should try showing the same class in the one instance that GW showed, and stay the fuck out of it.

I'll tell you what though, run for Senate, and win, and you can start endorsing people again.

just about ever person obama (except himself) campaigns for, loses

obama was never as popular as he was made to seem

Typically intelligent, reasonable post from a Berniebot. :)

More intelligent than you trying to misuse Sagan because you cannot face off against a two dimensional, black and white straw man and must instead respond to a three dimensional, real world claim.

And more intelligent than your trying to use that Daily Beast article as some sort of counter-intuitive evidence Obama and his political apparatus will come out in full force to help a nominee Sanders win the general.

None of those people are the former president of the United States.

He should try showing the same class in the one instance that GW showed, and stay the fuck out of it.

I'll tell you what though, run for Senate, and win, and you can start endorsing people again.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Bush's brother was the favorite in the primary. There was a bunch of arguing going on just a few months ago at a Bush staffer reunion because a lot of them are nevertrumpers.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-at-george-w-bush-staff-reunion-in-washington

More intelligent than you trying to misuse Sagan because you cannot face off against a two dimensional, black and white straw man and must instead respond to a three dimensional, real world claim.

In what sense do you think I misused Sagan? My point was that your alleged belief was not in any way limiting. You weren't saying anything about what you think Obama would do; you were just saying something about how you'd feel about what he does. Or if I'm wrong, tell me one thing that can be observed that you think Obama did for Clinton that he wouldn't do for Bernie.

And more intelligent than your trying to use that Daily Beast article as some sort of counter-intuitive evidence Obama and his political apparatus will come out in full force to help a nominee Sanders win the general.

Did you read the piece?

I have no clue what this has to do with the price of tea in China.

Did GW endorse anyone in 2015?
Both GW and Bush Sr. have spoken more harshly about Trump than Obama has about Bernie, and Obama endorsed Trudeau in another country more strongly than he has any of the primary candidates.

Both GW and Bush Sr. have spoken more harshly about Trump than Obama has about Bernie, and Obama endorsed Trudeau in another country more strongly than he has any of the primary candidates.

Where has my criticism of Obama involved his words?

I said he needed to reel his people in, or I would assume this is a coordinated attack using proxies.

Bernie is pretty popular. I'm not surprised he isn't openly standing against him.

Or if I'm wrong, tell me one thing that can be observed that you think Obama did for Clinton that he wouldn't do for Bernie.

Obama's limited capacity to campaign as a sitting US president during Hillary's 2016 run is entirely different than his position of complete freedom today as a former US president.

But nice try at an apples-to-oranges framing.

Did you read the piece?

No. That was two minutes I just couldn't afford to spare. /s

Why is it so difficult for you to acknowledge that Obama and Sanders have worldviews that are at wild variance? And for that simple reason it is both logical and understandable that Obama would see a President Sanders as bad for the nation and therefore want to take him out of contention?

It's actually those claiming Obama does not have political knives out for Bernie who are operating in a non-rational la-la land.

Obama's limited capacity to campaign as a sitting US president during Hillary's 2016 run is entirely different than his position of complete freedom today as a former US president.

But nice try at an apples-to-oranges framing.

Ah. So you acknowledge that he will do more to help Bernie than he did to help Clinton, but you still want to play the persecuted Berniebot. OK.

No. That was two minutes I just couldn't afford to spare. /s

Well, you should if you're going to cite it as backing you up.

Why is it so difficult for you to acknowledge that Obama and Sanders have worldviews that are at wild variance? And for that simple reason it is both logical and understandable that Obama would see a President Sanders as bad for the nation and therefore want to take him out of contention?

It's actually those claiming Obama does not have political knives out for Bernie who are operating in a non-rational la-la land.

Note that while you're saying that people who disagree with you are living in "non-rational la-lal land," your expectations about observable reality are exactly the same as theirs. It's a pointless discussion. And I think you realize that describing whatever differences there might be in their worldviews "wild variance" in the context of American politics is overdramatic to a comical degree.

You might not realize this, but the Democratic nominee will most likely be running against Trump. Google it.

2 in a row, Jack? You need to sit down before you're out.

1) I did not say that I supported Trump.
2) Bernie is not a good candidate. That does not mean the Democrats can't field one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back