Elections Obama campaign guru: Trump would love to run against Bernie

This is a childish response to an adult assertion.

I have no idea what this means. I was not "qualifying" anything - unless you simply mean being clear in my opinion. Please elaborate.

The Jill Stein comment was probably a shot at me.

Not publicly. One unattributed quote (not even from an anonymous source) that was somewhat contradicted by a public statement. Interesting how your standards on accepting that stuff change.

There were some issues: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/12/warren-obama-2020-228068.

But there's also stuff like this:

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-warren-behind-closed-doors-to-wealthy-donors
Hadn't read the Politico article, nice look into the CFPB and Warren.

And all of that stuff from both articles just makes me respect Obama more.

I'm more concerned with what he does before the nomination is settled.

And I would kindly request he keep his nose out of it.

Yeah, doesn't appear likely that he'd say anything until it's settled, at which point he'll back the winner. Just like last time.

These are Cucks right here. Know the difference.

Yeah, doesn't appear likely that he'd say anything until it's settled, at which point he'll back the winner. Just like last time.

I agree, but what I have seen multiple times now is Obama's proxies attacking Sanders.

Let's not become the Iran v Saudis of the Democratic party.

I think abama will do that for ANYONE running against
Trump.

Yeah, he's obviously going to back the nominee. Crazy Sanders fans are just fueled by imaginary opposition--like prime Michael Jordan. I think it's more likely that hardcore Bernie fans will drop their support if he wins the nomination (then he loses the hipster cred and becomes the representative of the evil Democratic Party) than that Obama wouldn't back him.

I agree, but what I have seen multiple times now is Obama's proxies attacking Sanders.

Let's not become the Iran v Saudis of the Democratic party.

I don't think that retired politicians have proxies. He has people who worked for him who have a range of opinions, though.

Not really, just illustrating a contrast between somebody like Obama and somebody like a bitter Sanders supporter.

Obama can vote for whoever he wants. Just keep it to himself.

Now if he could make a case for how Sanders corrupted the DNC, he would have my attention, and reason to speak up about the dangers of Bernie.

You are aware that Obama has already spoken out against Sanders being the nominee, right? He's not a fan.

I'm sure Obama is very terrified of your threads, though. Go get him, tiger!
I wonder if Obama posts on Sherdog. What would his SN be?

Yeah, he's obviously going to back the nominee. Crazy Sanders fans are just fueled by imaginary opposition--like prime Michael Jordan. I think it's more likely that hardcore Bernie fans will drop their support if he wins the nomination (then he loses the hipster cred and becomes the representative of the evil Democratic Party) than that Obama wouldn't back him.
Exactly, it’s not a bad thing. I’m sure Clinton backed AlGore against bush (obviously) Bush backed McCain against Obama, etc.

I don't think that retired politicians have proxies. He has people who worked for him who have a range of opinions, though.

Maybe, if that is the case, it is another reason for me to hate our utterly dishonest media, and their spinning.

Obama can vote for whoever he wants. Just keep it to himself.

Now if he could make a case for how Sanders corrupted the DNC, he would have my attention, and reason to speak up about the dangers of Bernie.
So do away with endorsement and opinions on candidates entirely? Does that include endorsements for Bernie and criticisms of other candidates?

So do away with endorsement and opinions on candidates entirely? Does that include endorsements for Bernie and criticisms of other candidates?

That means the former president should let the people decide the nominee without trying to influence the outcome.

He isn't just any private citizen sharing his opinion.

Want to make a bet? I say that if Bernie wins the nomination, Obama will support him strongly, including giving a great speech at the convention making the case for Bernie. If you're interested (that is, if you really believe what you're saying), we can hammer out more specifics (how to define "strongly"), or if you want to claim that he won't make a case for Bernie at the convention, we have a simple bet right there.

Obama is not an idiot. He is not going to put himself on the wrong side of history in November if Sanders is the nominee. I offered two specific opinions above: 1) Obama will not mobilize his political machine on behalf of Sanders 2) Obama will not publicly (personally) oppose the candidacy.

Were Obama, a former democratic president of the United States, asked by the Sanders campaign to give a speech stating the importance of defeating Trump and therefore voting Sanders anything less than a "yes" from Obama would qualify as opposing the candidacy.

Here's what's going on among Obama and his operatives relative to the Sanders' candidacy. I know you race into threads to shout and point "Squirrel!" or say "Bernie-Bot conspiracy theory!" whenever this reality is addressed. But these are the facts.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obamaworld-hates-bernie-sandersand-has-no-idea-how-to-stop-him

I can deal with 4 years of Bernie for a shot at UHC. I just read a post from one of my former professors about "explaining white privilege to poor white people" that really reminded me of what a problem we have building, but UHC is worth a few years of that pain, maybe. idk. Probably Trump again. We'll see. No mayor Butt, no crooked pedo Biden, no completely fake Warren..

What does the article title say jack?

Why are we bringing up that this guy represented Obama, if he doesn't currently represent Obama?

It describes him as an "Obama campaign guru," which is included as a comment on his credibility (given the wins) rather than to suggest that he's speaking for Obama. And the comment is on electability, which isn't a matter of opinion.

Back