Obama and Hillary top list for most admired people

To be honest, I only made this thread to get the opportunity to post that gif. It's seriously the funniest thing I've ever seen.

This dude won the Nobel Peace Prize for "effort" less than 1 year in office.

If allowed, Obama can win every election until he dies, despite how good or bad he is.

It's just that they're well-known and have more perceived substance than entertainers. It means nothing, really.

That's what I mean. Are people mostly picking politicians because picking sports stars, actors or musicians seems too low brow? ...or are they actually picking those figures but in other fields the choices are broader and there aren't the clear leaders?

The inclusion of Oprah and Princess Kate seems odd.

Obamas done plenty of awesome work as president. Some negatives but way outweighed by the positives.

Can you imaging how shithouse the US economy would be today if Republicans kept the white house these last 6 years and all the austerity measures they would have tried on?

Yeah, that's the weird one.

It's a pretty basic case of someone who has very virulent and vocal opponents, but their noise is bigger than their number.

Bill Clinton too, isn't he a well known scumbag?

LOL, yes it has, and you just proved it. Any policy preference at all can fit into your definition.

Nonsense. My entire argument is that a person who thinks government involvement is the most important factor in society needs is likelier than the average person to admire their favorite governmental official more greatly than anyone else in their lives.

I doubt many of the folks who voted for the pope see the state as the greatest or most important institution in their lives or in society. I also did not see any libertarian pols (like either of the Pauls) at the top of the list. Possibly they just are not popular enough, or maybe the kind of folks who support them do not look to politicians for their heros.

That argument, whether or not you agree with it, does not equally apply to the type of person whose life does not revolve around politics or who do not see government as the answer to most of society's ills.

It's just that they're well-known and have more perceived substance than entertainers. It means nothing, really.

Funny imo that it would be two politicians with such high negative numbers. It basically says that if you like them, you really really like them.

Back