O Brother, Where Art Thou?

I was too young to appreciate it when it first came out but I rewatched it recently and really enjoyed it. The soundtrack is phenomenal.

Not as good as Barton Fink, Fargo, Miller's Crossing, No Country for Old Men, A Simple Man, or The Big Lebowski, but still really good. On par with Raising Arizona.

Phenomenal movie. I think all of the actors did a great job. I agree that it is extremely re-watchable.

Movie is so much better the more familiar you are with the Odyssey. I'm only vaguely familiar with that story, but the things I picked up on that they stole for O Brother are just genius.

I feel like if you had no familiarity with the Odyssey story the movie might be kind of a mess??

My dad's side of the family has a wide range of personalities. Some are overly religious, some are not. Some seemingly have no sense of humor while some laugh at the stupidest things. Throughout my 26 years of life there is only ONE thing that we have all agreed upon and been able to share entertainment-wise. O Brother Where Art Thou. That's telling of how great it is.

Movie is so much better the more familiar you are with the Odyssey. I'm only vaguely familiar with that story, but the things I picked up on that they stole for O Brother are just genius.

I feel like if you had no familiarity with the Odyssey story the movie might be kind of a mess??

Haven't seen the movie in a few years, but off the top of my head I think the only thing that might seem odd and completely unnecessary to someone unfamiliar with the Odyssey would be the "si-renes lovin' him up and turning him into a horny toad" part.

"MY NAME IS GEORGE NELSON! GET ME! .....George Nelson......NOT BABYFACE!"

Amazing film. One of my all-time favorites.

"I don't get it, Big Dan."

"I also appreciate the conversational hiatus. I tend to refrain from speech during gestation. There are those who attempt both but I find it corse."

Big Dan was amazing.

I'm not sure how to rank this in my favorites (top 20, top 30, etc) but it's a great movie. And great soundtrack as others have said also.

Coen bros. have a style all there own. I can appreciate every title they have come out with.

Definitely a good movie. The song "I am the man of constant sorrow" is kick ass.

[YT]08e9k-c91E8[/YT]

Love this movie. Can't remember what the song is called that they sing in it but we sang it at our company christmas party in december.

Back