NYTJorge Ramos: ‘Trump Got His Wish. Mexico Is Now the Wall’ (Mexico is paying for border security)

bobgeese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh how painful this must be for the left. Trump has accomplished his once laughable promise of getting Mexico to “pay for the wall”. Ramos is just the latest to come out and say this, so bass cnn and others (see links)

“Mexico has effectively turned into an extension of Mr. Trump’s immigration police beyond American territory. And this is the case on multiple fronts: On the southern border with Guatemala, they prevent Central American migrants from coming into Mexico; on the northern one, they block those seeking entry to the United States from leaving. The decision of Mexico’s President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, also known as AMLO, to follow this approach is misguided. He should let migrants continue their journey north.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/opinion/international-world/mexico-migrants.html

Cnn

Mexico already built Trump's wall -- and paid for it
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/20/americas/mexico-border-wall-trump/index.html

NBC

Trump did get Mexico to build a wall

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-did-get-mexico-build-wall-its-troops-its-own-ncna1119466

<TheDonald>

Let anyone attempt to immigrate legally who wants to. Go through the proper channels and almost nobody will give a shit.

It makes no difference. America's decline & collapse is already unavoidable. America in 50 years time will be a totally different country... in other words, a country you won't want to live in.

lol if Mexico has already built and paid for this wall, why the hell is there still construction going on for a wall on our Southern Border? Why was funds diverted from our Military's defense budget to be used to build a wall that Mexico already paid for?

Please answer these questions with facts and not with opinions from fake news contributors.

Let anyone attempt to immigrate legally who wants to. Go through the proper channels and almost nobody will give a shit.
Racist ! I don't know why but it makes me feel better to say that because logic doesn't work .....

lol if Mexico has already built and paid for this wall, why the hell is there still construction going on for a wall on our Southern Border? Why was funds diverted from our Military's defense budget to be used to build a wall that Mexico already paid for?

Please answer these questions with facts and not with opinions from fake news contributors.
Kind of like buying a house that is being built?

Because border security is a system. Furthermore, it is part of our national defense, which is why military funds are helping build it (now that democrats have officially supported illegal immigration and republicans are left to fix the problems alone).

It includes barriers, diplomacy, domestic politics, etc.

Trump has ensured tons of funding for the southern border wall.
Trump has significantly changed our immigration policy
Trump has forced other leaders to contribute to our security.

All of that leads to stuff like this.

And your butthurt post.

It makes no difference. America's decline & collapse is already unavoidable. America in 50 years time will be a totally different country... in other words, a country you won't want to live in.
get out of here with this anti-American crap.

A country is ultimately defined by its borders. Without those borders there is no country or nation regardless of the society within its perceived boundaries. How those boundaries are controlled speaks to how long it can retain its distinct nature or claim to sovereignty.

Just FYI, 4ch isn’t the future.

America has always changed every 50 years. Our black and brown newcomers will quickly learn the left is filled with nothing but failure.

Not too mention they’re extremely religious and traditional people.

We’ll be fine.

Because border security is a system. Furthermore, it is part of our national defense, which is why military funds are helping build it (now that democrats have officially supported illegal immigration and republicans are left to fix the problems alone).

It includes barriers, diplomacy, domestic politics, etc.

Trump has ensured tons of funding for the southern border wall.
Trump has significantly changed our immigration policy
Trump has forced other leaders to contribute to our security.

All of that leads to stuff like this.

And your butthurt post.

So Mexico contributed partly to a system, Mexico didn't pay for a wall? Military funds aren't being used to build the wall because the wall is considered part of our National Defense (Although this should have been the reason but it's not).

Why would I be butthurt? I didn't vote for someone that promised a wall would be built on the Southern border and paid for by Mexico. Now if I did, then I'd have a reason to be butthurt, I certainly wouldn't be touting the reporting of fake news attempting to spin Mexico taking action against Immigration in Mexico to "Mexico built a wall and paid for it".

Kind of like buying a house that is being built?
In this analogy who would be paying for the house, and who would be building it?

At best this just seems like Mexico would be keeping the crackheads off the construction site preventing them from vandalizing the house while it's being built.....not actually paying for or constructing anything.

This would seem like a wise time for Trump’s campaign to point out the steps he has taken to combat illegal immigration. It’s a good idea. reframing the wall from a single physical barrier to something broader and more effective would be wise, since the wall was a core campaign promise for Trump that he never delivered. The difficulty here is going to be keeping Trump on this script. If he’s looking for a crowd response, he knows the “build the wall” thing gets them going, so he might not just accept credit for the real work his administration has done, as it’s a little arcane.

If Trump wins re-election, i think folks will be wise to start taking him seriously, and reviewing how his administration has reworked federal agencies and regulations, what’s working and what isn’t. It’s easy to dismiss Trump as a joke, he plays into that with his opponents, but if he leaves the country in even slightly better shape than it was in when he took power, he’s gonna be owed due credit, whether you like him or not.

get out of here with this anti-American crap.

{<huh}

America has always changed every 50 years.

Not like this.

Our black and brown newcomers will quickly learn the left is filled with nothing but failure.

That's not what's happening so far. They overwhelmingly vote left-wing every election. But you're so sure they'll "quickly" change. From when will this "quick" change occur?

Bear in mind also that this is exactly what's happening in every Western country that has allowed in large numbers of immigrants.

Extremely religious? Er... yeah... Muslim. LOL

As for Christians... some are, some aren't. But that's just the newcomers. The generations that follow become more liberal. Mexican-Americans, who you claim are so "religious" & "traditional", have the highest rate of illegitimacy.

We’ll be fine.

I'm afraid you won't. You'll become a mixture of Latin America, Africa & the middle-east. Nothing "fine" about that.

Mexico already built Trump's wall -- and paid for it
Cnn

^^^ What part of this cnn story didn’t you understand?

Why would I care about the opinion of some dork that works for CNN that isn't as smart as me? If you're going to link me to an opinion from CNN, let it be from a legal analyst commenting on the law, a financial analyst commenting about the stock market/economy etc, a health article written by a doctor.

Just FYI, 4ch isn’t the future.

America has always changed every 50 years. Our black and brown newcomers will quickly learn the left is filled with nothing but failure.

We’ll be fine.
Heartwarming to hear your optimistic take, bob. mostly not even kidding.

Back