NYT Article: "New Hampshire, 94% White, Asks How Do You Diversify a Whole State?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, why would people push for minorities to have the comforts, amenities and support in their communities that white people have...? And why are the white people who try to prevent them from acquiring those things seen as awful...? It's a mystery.

I can't imagine why government officials, anticipating a day when more minorities moved to the community, would ever hold a discussion about how to seemlessly integrate them as community members. The minorities should have to fight tooth and nail for every ethnic food store and every community support centre so that they harbor the same resentment as minorities in other communities where they were opposed at every turn. That is the best way to build a society, imo.

Minorities shouldn't have to integrate into society. Creating social tension and fragmented communities where people only look out for their own kind is much better. /sarcasm

Why flood a country with too many people from the same country or from countries with cultures that are so different? Doesn't make sense and progressive liberalism and multiculturalism is a failure.

It's obvious that promoting Americans to have more children and selective immigration is the key to a happy, safe and healthy society.

Butchering Quotes. :-/

Nah, they're a bit further to the left than me but I wouldn't ascribe them as such and actually otherwise agree with them on quite a bit. I think they fuck with you guys half the time on these daily diversity uproar topics tbh. HomerThompson also has a 96.4% approval rating as War Room President.

Here's how bad this thread merge is-

I'd rather have the lying asshole's thread un-dumped and mine merged into his, than have this thread merged into here.
It really makes no sense. The story is about New Hampshire, and has nothing to do with the Jeong story at all.

The NYT did not attack New Hampshire, they covered a meeting. You're still lying.

The subject of the article is condemning to white people is it not? The title of the thread that got dumped is... "NEW York Times Article Condemns New Hampshire for being 94% White"

The article is about a council that see's a state with too many white people as some sort of problem. I get that they are trying to help minorities which is fine, but I find it to be kind of a slap in the face to the people that are there who made it a safe and highly functional place to live.

Nobody cares if people of color want to move there, but the level of arrogance it takes to suggest that the majority needs to change in order to appease new cultures of people wanting to live there is imo ridiculous and unacceptable.

Butchering Quotes. :-/

Nah, they're a bit further to the left than me but I wouldn't ascribe them as such and actually otherwise agree with them on quite a bit. I think they fuck with you guys half the time on these daily diversity uproar topics tbh. HomerThompson also has a 96.4% approval rating as War Room President.

No they're really that fucked up. Homer is a lunatic and everyone (those that matter) thinks he's a joke.

HomerThompson also has a 96.4% approval rating as War Room President.
source.gif

The subject of the article is condemning to white people is it not? The title of the thread that got dumped is... "NEW York Times Article Condemns New Hampshire for being 94% White"

The article is about a council that see's a state with too many white people as some sort of problem. I get that they are trying to help minorities which is fine, but I find it to be kind of a slap in the face to the people that are there who made it a safe and highly functional place to live.

Nobody cares if people of color want to move there, but the level of arrogance it takes to suggest that the majority needs to change in order to appease new cultures of people wanting to live there is imo ridiculous and unacceptable.
No, you're still lying. The NYT is covering NEW HAMPSHIRE'S gov/business/nonprofit meeting about the old white declining population, and what it means going forward for diversity. Go bitch at Chris Sununu.

It's obvious that promoting Americans to have more children and selective immigration is the key to a happy, safe and healthy society.

Which americans ? All americans like as in if you were born here or just the white ones ?

Also, one of the worst merges I've ever seen. Completely muds it all up and conflates two different things.

The best part is how certain posters will accuse the mods here of being on the 'left' or 'progressive' yet thread merges like this go against that theory.

Minorities shouldn't have integrate into society. Creating social tension and fragmented communities where people only look out for their own kind is much better. /sarcasm

Why flood a country with too many people from the same country or from countries with cultures that are so different? Doesn't make sense and progressive liberalism and multiculturalism is a failure.

And yet, you're anyways going to have minorities. Why wouldn't you include them in the community instead of ostracizing them? Do you know which option is more likely to create a more harmonious community with less of the problems you're railing against?

The best part is how certain posters will accuse the mods here of being on the 'left' or 'progressive' yet thread merges like this go against that theory.
Do you think I have a discrimination case? I'll hire Quipling and take this shit all the way up to the day mods if you think there's any money in it.

What got merged? I missed it.
here is the OP:

On June 1st, New Hampshire's Governor's Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion made a preliminary report to Governor Chris Sununu.

https://www.governor.nh.gov/news-media/press-2018/documents/20180607-diversity-inclusion.htm.pdf

The recommendations included:
  • Amending state discrimination laws to include gender identity and stronger hate crime laws
  • State recognition of community inclusion efforts and diverse cultural traditions, including a holiday recognizing the end of slavery
  • Outreach targeting various communities, and "listening" sessions to address concerns.

One of these efforts was a meeting at the end of July with about 100 various business leaders, government personnel and nonprofit groups at Eversource Energy's offices in Manchester. Discussed were issues such as the value of diverse workforces, the aging white population of New Hampshire, and the need to be seen by tourists and relocating workers as a welcoming state.

The NYTimes covered this meeting, and have subsequently been attacked by dishonest right wing media for their coverage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/27/us/new-hampshire-white-diversify.html

Here, perennial hack Tucker Carlson falsely claims that the New York Times is condemning the state of New Hampshire.

Fake News, indeed.

@Sketch

No, I’m not being a coward, I just don’t respect him or his views and I’m sure the reverse is true so there just isn’t any point in talking with him.

Which americans ? All americans like as in if you were born here or just the white ones ?

Wait, you took that to mean minorities and immigrants shouldn't have kids?

Good lord lay off the progress bud.

But yeah white Americans should be having way more kids and shouldn't be dying at alarming rates.

The subject of the article is condemning to white people is it not?

Of course it's not about that. Jesus fucking Christ, pal.

It's about economic planning around demographic truths. The numbers say they'll have to diversify to keep their economy strong. They want to look attractive to people of all backgrounds, so they can continue to be a successful place. There aren't enough homegrown white people to keep going. It's all right there in the article.

Absolutely nothing negative about white people is even remotely uttered in that article. If you see it as an attack on white people, you're completely fucking deranged.

Of course it's not about that. Jesus fucking Christ, pal.

It's about economic planning around demographic truths. The numbers say they'll have to diversify to keep their economy strong. They want to look attractive to people of all backgrounds, so they can continue to be a successful place. There aren't enough homegrown white people to keep going. It's all right there in the article.

Absolutely nothing negative about white people is even remotely uttered in that article. If you see it as an attack on white people, you're completely fucking deranged.
It's white genocide because they talk all about the whiteness of New Hampshire, despite the whiteness of New Hampshire...

wait for it...

BEING THE ENTIRE FUCKING ISSUE FACING NEW HAMPSHIRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back