Crime NYPD "declare war" on Bill de Blasio, claim NYC "under siege," tell Trump to "send in the feds"

I love how being opposed to stop and frisk is now being seen as unreasonable.

Fuck brown people's rights amirite? I'm sure being violated is sure to make people respect police more.

That's not the whole story tho.

- The city wants shit done as quickly as possible without any focus on things like judges issuing all these delays and dragging shit out endlessly. So of course they go along with even shitty deals.
- Prosecutors who only care about their stats and won't fight for more serious charges, even in cases where they have reasonable evidence if perp will plead to lesser shit.
I work in a prosecutors office. Them dismissing a charge is done to get a person to plead to another, often more serious charge

I love how being opposed to stop and frisk is now being seen as unreasonable.

Fuck brown people's rights amirite? I'm sure being violated is sure to make people respect police more.
The people I frisked at the bar liked it before letting them in

I work in a prosecutors office. Them dismissing a charge is done to get a person to plead to another, often more serious charge

Oh, come on. Who would take that deal? The issue has always been dropping more serious charges to get people to plead to lesser charges in exchange for not going to trial.

The whole problem around this has been people who in fact were initially charged with violent crimes, but pleaded down to lesser shit and are not considered violent offenders.

Last edited:
Oh, come on. Who would take that deal? The issue is dropping more serious charges to get people to plead to lesser charges in exchange for not going to trial.
More serious doesnt always mean a worse course of conduct.

more serious in this instances is a guy pleading to a charge higher than what they did as it allows for treatment options.

you want to get a DOSA but you committed Burg 2 at a Walmart you have then pleas to Theft 2 (in Washington means over 5000) for shoplifting a beer and some chicken so they can have treatment options.

it’s called an “In Re Barr” plea. Look it up

Last edited:
I call them pigs all the time and in the open, genius. I'm actually surprised I didn't in the OP. You're not uncovering anything new. Maybe I do hate cops. The vast majority of law enforcement critics don't. And even if they did it wouldn't invalidate their criticisms.
tenor.png

So stop being spineless and own it. You call them "pigs" because you hate them. You're a terrible politician. You're not clever or emotionally centered enough to pull it off.

Caught you posting dirty.

tenor.png

So stop being spineless and own it. You call them "pigs" because you hate them. You're a terrible politician. You're not clever or emotionally centered enough to pull it off.

Caught you posting dirty.

By god, you could be pushed off the side of a boat and then think you're a genius for discovering water.

It’s not the left ramping up fear here, it’s the SBA. NYC has never been safer. That city has had a complete makeover during my lifetime.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-citys-murder-rate-hit-new-low-in-2018-11546559793

There were over 2,200 murders in NYC in 1990. In 2018, there were 289.
Sorry, I missed this one. I'm not talking about just this news story. Every story is just something to scare liberals. Think about it for a moment. White supremacy, child separation, rogue racist police officers, 12 years left to live, transgender concentration camps, etc etc etc
The left is creating an environment of fear. And I know, someone is about to tell me its actually the right who does this and I said a racist thing they vaguely recall but can't remember the particulars of.

Sorry, I missed this one. I'm not talking about just this news story. Every story is just something to scare liberals. Think about it for a moment. White supremacy, child separation, rogue racist police officers, 12 years left to live, transgender concentration camps, etc etc etc
The left is creating an environment of fear. And I know, someone is about to tell me its actually the right who does this and I said a racist thing they vaguely recall but can't remember the particulars of.

If you want to control the people, "Don't provide opportunity for Dreams, but rather give them nightmares, and then promise that you can protect them from these nightmares..."

The new left are easily cajoled....

predictable as they are stupid.

If you want to control the people, "Don't provide opportunity for Dreams, but rather give them nightmares, and then promise that you can protect them from these nightmares..."

The new left are easily cajoled....

predictable as they are stupid.
Yeah, what we actually have in this country is an issue of class. Our politicians hide it behind race and we fall for it, time and again. Its a nice way of acting virtuous about an issue without actually having to do anything to correct it. Its easy to scare people. Not so easy to do something about poverty.

I don’t necessarily disagree with what you have said here, but I think it’s obvious that it has to be extended to the right. Just like the list that you created, there is an equally exaggerated list of fears coming from the right that are designed to frighten people into voting a certain way. There is some shred of proof in everything that you listed, it is the extent to which it is magnified for political purposes that becomes the scare tactic.

I mean, how long would the list be if I made a list right now of all the things the political right wants you be afraid of?

Just to bring it back to this specific story, does this organization really believe that New York City is under siege? It is simply a ridiculous scare tactic to use language like that at a time when New York City is the safest that it has been in almost a century.

I don’t necessarily disagree with what you have said here, but I think it’s obvious that it has to be extended to the right. Just like the list that you created, there is an equally exaggerated list of fears coming from the right that are designed to frighten people into upholding their ideals. There is some shred of proof in everything that you listed, it is the extent to which it is magnified for political purposes that becomes the scare tactic.

I mean, how long would the list be if I made a list right now of all the things the political right wants you be afraid of?
Like what? I'll say right now that I fear higher taxes. I'll also say I fear lawlessness. I think those are legitimate fears. I don't see anyone telling me I'll be rounded up and put into a concentration camp.

Like what? I'll say right now that I fear higher taxes. I'll also say I fear lawlessness. I think those are legitimate fears. I don't see anyone telling me I'll be rounded up and put into a concentration camp.

To bring it back to this specific story, how about claiming that New York City is currently under siege? That type of language is a scare tactic to distract you from the fact that New York City is currently the safest that it has been in 75 years.

I’m sure you don’t actually need me to make a list of the fear mongering that occurs in right wing politics. It’s been pretty widely discussed for decades.

To bring it back to this specific story, how about claiming that New York City is currently under siege? That type of language is a scare tactic to distract you from the fact that New York City is currently the safest that it has been in 75 years.

I’m sure you don’t actually need me to make a list of the fear mongering that occurs in right wing politics. It’s been pretty widely discussed for decades.

Are you serious? By what standard is it the safest?

The murder rate isn't near what it use to be because Giuliani's legacy is still there. Point is that De Blasio is representing a shift back to the old pandering.

Are you serious? By what standard is it the safest?

The murder rate isn't near what it use to be because Giuliani's legacy is still there. Point is that De Blasio is representing a shift back to the old pandering.

500px-NYC_murders2.png

@Seano @KeepItRealist

Here’s a good article I’d recommend you glancing over. Fear mongering has convinced a lot of people that this country is more dangerous than ever, when in reality our country has been getting safer and safer for decades.

In some cases, like New York City for example, it is astonishing how safe the city is compared to what it was 30 years ago and what people believe about the city who do not actually know about I’m the city.

Imagine going from over 2,000 murders to under 300 murders, and having people think our things are actually worse. Crazy.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/10/17/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/?amp=1

Public perceptions about crime in the U.S. often don’t align with the data. Opinion surveys regularly find that Americans believe crime is up nationally, even when the data shows it is down. In 18 of 22 Gallup surveys conducted between 1993 and 2018, at least six-in-ten Americans said there was more crime in the U.S.compared with the year before, despite the generally downward trend in national violent and property crime rates during most of that period.

Pew Research Center surveys have found a similar pattern. In a survey in late 2016, for instance, 57% of registered voters said crime in the U.S. had gotten worse since 2008, even though FBI and BJS data shows that violent and property crime rates declined by double-digit percentages during that span.

Back