Crime NYPD "declare war" on Bill de Blasio, claim NYC "under siege," tell Trump to "send in the feds"

It definitely wasn't stop and frisk. 88% of all stops resulted in no fines or convictions. The VAST majority of the small minority that did were for small scale marijuana possession. And crap like that is why blacks are FAR more likely to be arrested for drug possession, even though blacks and whites use drugs at the same rate. And arrests and convictions for possession negatively affect employment, education, upward mobility, which only exacerbates preexisting racial disparities. Mass incarceration, largely involving drugs, has also decimated the black family, when we should actually be doing whatever we can to keep families together.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-and-frisk_in_New_York_City

Well Giuliani did something right. Few people would argue that. Or are you arguing that.

Thats some ridiculous hyperbole.

NYPD still runs his executive protection unit. I’m sure they’re professional about it. Do you think DeBlasio is worried about his safety from these officers?

It’s a democracy and they don’t have to support him in that sense.
Why? This is precisely the thing you see in banana republics - military, police force, etc. are politically polarized and used as a weapon in authoritarian regimes.

This could be a rogue actor and they may not act on it but it's disturbing to see those sort of comments publicly expressed.

And I would be extremely alarmed if I was BDB.

Why? This is precisely the thing you see in banana republics - military, police force, etc. are politically polarized and used as a weapon in authoritarian regimes.

This could be a rogue actor and they may not act on it but it's disturbing to see those sort of comments publicly expressed.

And I would be extremely alarmed if I was BDB.
No in authoritarian regimes the military and police are lockstep with the higher ranking officials.

This is the opposite; this is democracy, this is showing disapproval and I’m sure the only “threat” is to vote the bum out.

How dare citizens speak out against an elected official? Are you serious that you see a problem with that? His policies suck for criminal justice.

How dare the NYPD not want to get shot at. They don’t like being scapegoated and getting no support from the mayor? They don’t like polices that render them ineffective? That allow criminals back on the street hours after they commit an offense with no one to ensure they show up for court?

And they dare to express that? They dare to address their betters? What pussies, amirite?

I would ask you to take a look at who liked this post and reevaluate whether you're being impartial and rational here.

They, like just about every municipal police force, get plenty of mayoral support, because police unions are the single strongest interest group in municipal elections. The fact is that police advocates have a truly unparalleled victim complex in insisting that literally anyone who doesn't give them unqualified praise is an enemy to them and a friend to criminals.

I mean, for fuck's sake, the NYPD called for a vote of no confidence in de Blasio because he fired a guy that had murdered an unarmed man on camera with an expressly illegal chokehold. Seriously, not keeping a guy on the payroll who had been recording breaking protocol and that resulting in the death of an innocent man was considered a huge violation of acceptable support.

LOL @ De Blasio. He's in trouble with the police unions against after years of bending the knee because they turned their backs on him.

Should never have tried to pander. They were never going to like him.

LOL @ De Blasio. He's in trouble with the police unions against after years of bending the knee because they turned their backs on him.

Should never have tried to pander. They were never going to like him.

When was he pandering again? When he threw them under the bus after he forced them to target people like Garner or when he was walking with the BLM who were killing cops across the country?

No in authoritarian regimes the military and police are lockstep with the higher ranking officials.

I'm not arguing America is an authoritarian regime, but this is the type of shit you see. They're supposed to be in lock step with the chain of command! I am speaking to the fact that seemingly have become politicized.

This is the opposite; this is democracy, this is showing disapproval and I’m sure the only “threat” is to vote the bum out.

How dare citizens speak out against an elected official? Are you serious that you see a problem with that? His policies suck for criminal justice.
You're conflating two things. Every single police officer has every right that you or I have to criticize anyone they wish. The comment in question came from a tax payer institution (police department). It's entirely inappropriate.

His problem isn't the police speaking out against an elected official. It's that they're speaking out against a Democrat. If they were speaking out against a Republican official, he'd be calling them brave.

That's all this is. Partisan hackery combined with a hatred for cops.

I'm not arguing America is an authoritarian regime, but this is the type of shit you see. They're supposed to be in lock step with the chain of command! I am speaking to the fact that seemingly have become politicized.

You're conflating two things. Every single police officer has every right that you or I have to criticize anyone they wish. The comment in question came from a tax payer institution (police department). It's entirely inappropriate.
The comment came from the Sergeant’s Union. Not a taxpayer institution.

The union not only has a right, they have a responsibility to speak out against policies that put workers at greater risk.

I personally would have used less inflammatory language, but I don’t find it to be the seeds of a banana republic lmao

The comment came from the Sergeant’s Union. Not a taxpayer institution.

The union not only has a right, they have a responsibility to speak out against policies that put workers at greater risk.

I personally would have used less inflammatory language, but I don’t find it to be the seeds of a banana republic lmao

If only the teacher's unions were expected to handle themselves with half the decorum expected of police unions. I remember when they wished for Chris Christie's death because he wanted to fire bad teachers. They are the worst of all special interest groups, especially given they are supposed to represent educators of children.

I would ask you to take a look at who liked this post and reevaluate whether you're being impartial and rational here.

They, like just about every municipal police force, get plenty of mayoral support, because police unions are the single strongest interest group in municipal elections. The fact is that police advocates have a truly unparalleled victim complex in insisting that literally anyone who doesn't give them unqualified praise is an enemy to them and a friend to criminals.

I mean, for fuck's sake, the NYPD called for a vote of no confidence in de Blasio because he fired a guy that had murdered an unarmed man on camera with an expressly illegal chokehold. Seriously, not keeping a guy on the payroll who had been recording breaking protocol and that resulting in the death of an innocent man was considered a huge violation of acceptable support.
He died because he was fat and didn’t take care of his body. Sorry. He’s been arrested 30+ times and knows the deal, chose to be a douche, got taken down. Cry over someone who deserves sympathy.

What policies?

Off the top of my head:

- Bail reform in particular
- Extreme sanctuary city policies for illegals, including criminals. They won't cooperate at all.
- Focusing on bullshit like mandatory cultural sensitivity training
- Constantly taking the side of every criminal or race hustler who accuses the NYPD of anything and condemning them with no investigation. Which Obama did too BTW.
- Not even condemning these people throwing shit and disrespecting the NYPD regularly now
- Opposition to stop and frisk in any situation
- Refusal to sanction any surveillance of Islamic mosques and community centers
- Personally intervening to help his friends and campaign staff out of legal problems
- His support for BLM and their ilk, already linked to murders of NYPD on different occasions

To be fair, he campaigned on much of that bs. So that tells you a lot about the people in NYC.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head:

- Bail reform in particular
- Extreme sanctuary city policies for illegals, including criminals. They won't cooperate at all.
- Focusing on bullshit like mandatory cultural sensitivity training
- Constantly taking the side of every criminal or race hustler who accuses the NYPD of anything and condemning them with with no investigation. Which Obama did too BTW.
- Not even condemning these people throwing shit and disrespecting the NYPD regularly now
- Opposition to stop and frisk in any situation
- Refusal to sanction any surveillance of Islamic mosques and community centers
- Personally intervening to help his friends and campaign staff out of legal problems
- His support for BLM and their ilk, already linked to murders of NYPD on different occasions

To be fair, he campaigned on all that bs. So that tells you a lot about the people in NYC.
As a person in the criminal justice system.... the bail system is ass backwards.

too many guys on simple possessions stuck in jail cause they can’t afford 2k in bail while the Wall Street broker that beat the shit out of his wife is out on 50k bond

it’s a funding issue. If there was more availability for pre-trial monitoring the bail reform concerns would be negated.

As a person in the criminal justice system.... the bail system is ass backwards.

too many guys on simple possessions stuck in jail cause they can’t afford 2k in bail while the Wall Street broker that beat the shit out of his wife is out on 50k bond

it’s a funding issue. If there was more availability for pre-trial monitoring the bail reform concerns would be negated.

There is a common sense theme that is missing here. The problem isn't someone busted for weed, it's violent and/or habitual criminals being released, sometimes even multiple times in a day. It's absurd what's going on in Chicago and NYC among others.

Also criminals being allowed to plead down from charges that involved violence and then not being considered as a violent offender. It's a broken system.

There is a common sense theme that is missing here. The problem isn't someone busted for weed, it's violent and/or habitual criminals being released, sometimes even multiple times in a day. It's absurd what's going on in Chicago and NYC among others.

Also criminals being allowed to plead down from charges that involved violence and then not being considered as a violent offender. It's a broken system.
Again, as someone working in the system a fair amount of pleading down is done because of:
-uncooperative victims
-victim doesn’t want to testify (understandable)
-witness sucks
-witness has a criminal history that involves shit like lying
-physical evidence is limited (this one is a huge issue in prosecution of sex offenses cause it can take months or more for someone to speak to cops about what happened to them)
-jails are overcrowded to the point that my hometown couldn’t take in any new arrests for a weekend last year unless they were of a certain severity level.

Again, as someone working in the system a fair amount of pleading down is done because of:
-uncooperative victims
-victim doesn’t want to testify (understandable)
-witness sucks
-witness has a criminal history that involves shit like lying
-physical evidence is limited (this one is a huge issue in prosecution of sex offenses cause it can take months or more for someone to speak to cops about what happened to them)
-jails are overcrowded to the point that my hometown couldn’t take in any new arrests for a weekend last year unless they were of a certain severity level.

That's not the whole story tho.

- The city wants shit done as quickly as possible without any focus on things like judges issuing all these delays and dragging shit out endlessly. So of course they go along with even shitty deals.
- Prosecutors who only care about their stats and won't fight for more serious charges, even in cases where they have reasonable evidence if perp will plead to lesser shit.

Back