NYC Police can now wear Turbans

Jesus man the gymnastics you will go thru

What is the meaning of uniform, what is there purpose...this has nothing to do with them changing
Unless you want everyone on the NYPD to wear a turban

Way to show a pic of some other city and even then note how the ones in baseball caps aren't kitted up for regular patrol.
Define regular patrol because they are the only ones carrying firearms and have their BPV's on....

There are different uniforms among the same force. You can't honestly complain about a guy wearing a turban in contrast to how silly those bike cops look.

AP_nypd_ml_141222_12x5_1600.jpg

What about these hats...

Last edited:
Define regular patrol because they are the only ones carrying firearms and have their BPV's on....

There are different uniforms among the same force. You can't honestly complain about a guy wearing a turban in contrast to how silly those bike cops look.

What about these hats...

Jesus man, NYPD is mandated to be armed at all times on and off duty, so why are you asking about some other place

Then you have to go to cold weather gear as your excuse why someone gets to wear their own choice of headgear

It's ironic how the people who have an issue with this claim others to be less civilized.

Jesus man, NYPD is mandated to be armed at all times on and off duty, so why are you asking about some other place

Then you have to go to cold weather gear as your excuse why someone gets to wear their own choice of headgear
I googled NYC cop uniforms.

Seems like if uniformity was an issue all those guys would be wearing the same headdress at the same time. Fore example In the CAF we used to have a specific date of year when you moved back to tunics from summer dress.

Plus they would all be wearing the same pants yes? Seems like there is already a lack of uniformity so one more concession won't hurt.

I googled NYC cop uniforms.

Seems like if uniformity was an issue all those guys would be wearing the same headdress at the same time. Fore example In the CAF we used to have a specific date of year when you moved back to tunics from summer dress.

Plus they would all be wearing the same pants yes? Seems like there is already a lack of uniformity so one more concession won't hurt.

I think its funny that you are kind of in the military, but you don't seem to know what discipline is

Conflating allowing people on different duties to wear the appropriate cold weather gear with allowing people to wear different dress uniform items all the time

Do they not let you guys add cold weather gear up there?

Things like this are just the start. Take and inch to work towards gaining a mile.

What about these hats...

You're grasping at straws, bud. Cold weather headwear =/= religious or cultural symbols.

To be honest, I'm perfectly fine wit this.

As long as they do their job honorably, ethically and uphold the law, I welcome this.

Meh, if they're willing to be police officers, then whatever...what I have a slight problem with in general is individuals imposing their will, like hey I'm special...I know you have a uniform that I'm supposed to wear but you need to conform to my special needs...

Back