[NYC] Can someone help me date this photo?

FierceRedBelt

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone have an [informed] guess on when this photo of Manhattan (NYC) might of been taken? It was paper clipped onto some old shipping papers that ranged in dates from the 1920's through the 1970's. Taken from somewhere in Brooklyn.

nlGcadA.jpg

Maybe 1960's. Brooklyn Bridge Pier 2 was built in 1958.

Well that photo is like a 9/10 and crazy in bed. You sound like not in the photos league. I'll try to hook you up but doubt the photo will want to date you.

Some of the cars down there in the foreground look like they could be 1960's models. But it is hard to get a really good look at them on this phone. I'd still guess late 60's.

have you tried asking the photo's friends what it thinks about you? are you sure you want to date someone who is so much older than you? be prepared to be ridiculed by your friends about it.

have you tried asking the photo's friends what it thinks about you? are you sure you want to date someone who is so much older than you? be prepared to be ridiculed by your friends about it.

This.

And if things start to get serious, be sure to use protection (get her laminated).

photo's corners too pointy, would not bang

0/10

Anyone have an [informed] guess on when this photo of Manhattan (NYC) might of been taken? It was paper clipped onto some old shipping papers that ranged in dates from the 1920's through the 1970's. Taken from somewhere in Brooklyn.

nlGcadA.jpg

Dont know for sure. I can say its no older than 1961-1964. The snaking building next to the bridge is the Chatham green/towers.

Looking at that white ship that just passed the bridge... it's a Rimfielder 675X... first sold in 1962. So it's definitely after 1962. But the photo is in black and white, which went extinct early last century.

This photo is a fake. Too many contradicting information.

Looking at that white ship that just passed the bridge... it's a Rimfielder 675X... first sold in 1962. So it's definitely after 1962. But the photo is in black and white, which went extinct early last century.

This photo is a fake. Too many contradicting information.

The foreground does look strangely more modern albeit still 60's.

if you have the original (yes, super long shot) you can print an amplified photo of the cars and identify the models, which will give you a reasonable time window.

Back