1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

NYBKA any one in nyc go here ?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Wrathbeans, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Wrathbeans Orange Belt

2. JackLancewell Orange Belt

Seems a bit weird...You should go in person to see how it is, cause the site makes me feel like is a mcdojo.

3. JackLancewell Orange Belt

Seems a bit weird...You should go in person to see how it is, cause the site makes me feel like is a mcdojo.

4. Wrathbeans Orange Belt

5. bluethree Banned Banned

They used to enter people in white collar boxing shows a while back, when NYC still allowed white collar boxing.

6. Brooklyn BJJ CW Platinum Member

Seems like kick boxing school trying to get 'omg thai boxing' image, I got it from ' Judo-Jujitsu Class' Judo-Jujitsu uh-uh.

Licensed MT trainer huh?

7. gdubdb21 Yellow Belt

What's a mcdojo?

Thanks.

8. JackLancewell Orange Belt

9. Wrathbeans Orange Belt

yea i went to Go visit the nykba turns out to be a studio on top of a chinese restrunt under the name shobujoko karate. i go to check it out and it's small place with kids running around. I turned around and went to go back home found the second place combine martial arts.

they teach boxing,kick boxing,muy thai, bjj all with diffrent instructors each guy is a speacial list and they have creditials so i am going with them. only 150 a month with contract or 175 a month with out contract or 25$ a class. i asked a lot of questions and they were happy to help me out. I heard some guys from iron ring train there too. seems real legit since they are credited by variouse kickboxing orgs.

mma class is 250 a month.

10. the MT cxlass there is dope but its like 1 hr 30 min and like first 30 min of warmup only 30 min training and the last 30 min situps and conditioning

11. Romasteel White Belt

I am a student of nykba muay thai, and I just wanted to say that we train hard and we train for real. The instructor was a fighter in the Rajadamnern stadium in Thailand back in the 80's. The class itself is very basic, but hard. Yes - it's in a karate dojo. Yes - sometimes there's little kids running around. But if you can get used to that it's a good class. It's also less expensive than most other muay thai classes in new york - $60 for 4 classes or $90 for 8 classes. The instructor also teaches a judo/juijitsu hybrid class which is also the real thing. Take it or leave it, but please don't knock it till you've tried it!