NY politician arrested, biggest obstacle to UFC in state

lapollarecords

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Silver, who has remained atop the Assembly for nearly two decades as one of the most powerful men in Albany, has been reportedly linked to "payments the powerful Manhattan Democrat received from New York City law firm Goldberg & Iryami that he did not disclose publicly, as required by law."

The 70-year-old Silver is also the main obstacle for MMA's legalization in New York State. Every year, the UFC attempts to pass a bill to legalize mixed martial arts in New York, the bill has been kept off the Assembly floor by the Manhattan speaker.

With Silver's potential removal from office, the UFC will likely have the opportunity to overturn the 1997 state law that banned MMA in the state.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/2...ork-culinary-union-fertitta-arrested-mma-news

could this mean that finally the UFC will be able to have cards in New York in the future?

If he is the only obstacle (I doubt that he is) we might as well wait for a couple of years until he is dead.
He is 70 years old and probably not too influential in politics.
If he is not dead by then there are always younger, more horny, more corrupt guys waiting to take that place.

If he is the only obstacle (I doubt that he is) we might as well wait for a couple of years until he is dead.
He is 70 years old and probably not too influential in politics.
If he is not dead by then there are always younger, more horny, more corrupt guys waiting to take that place.

His age is why he is so influential. It takes time to gain that influence.

Good he's gone.

From what I've heard, Sheldon has been arrested many times and he always comes back. I hope that isn't the case this time.

Dana-White-smiling-conference.jpg

NYC is a classy, sophisticated city. We dont need to tarnish its reputation with this sordid pseudo sport.

Typical day in for NYC hoodlum.

1. Wake up in a one room apartment with 9 other roommates.
2. Watch Beat Street.
3. Walk to the Bodega to buy a quarter water and rob the elderly Korean man that owns their apartment building .
4. Log into WS to using that same Korean's WiFi.
5. Log off due to huge rats running around.
6. Go down to subway station to tag trains and break dance for money.
7. Listen to The Rapping Duke and break dance.
8. Go up on the roof to feed pigeons.
9. Open up a can of sardines for dinner.
10. Watch Beat Street once again and cry at the end.
11. Throw garbage out of the window and go sleep listening to Biz Markie.

Typical day in for NYC hoodlum.

1. Wake up in a one room apartment with 9 other roommates.
2. Watch Beat Street.
3. Walk to the Bodega to buy a quarter water and rob the elderly Korean man that owns their apartment building .
4. Log into WS to using that same Korean's WiFi.
5. Log off due to huge rats running around.
6. Go down to subway station to tag trains and break dance for money.
7. Listen to The Rapping Duke and break dance.
8. Go up on the roof to feed pigeons.
9. Open up a can of sardines for dinner.
10. Watch Beat Street once again and cry at the end.
11. Throw garbage out of the window and go sleep listening to Biz Markie.

dafuq i just read

The UFC won't step foot in NY for a while. Been saying this for years.

I saw this today and thought that it should be a good thing. However the corrupt political machine that runs NY consists of more than just Shelly Silver and is still very much in bed with the unions. So we will see.

Back