Law NY DA charging 61 yr old for murder ??

At 29 seconds in the original tweet, the old guy is passed the attacker. That finger grip on the back of his neck isn't something that can actually hold a person back. That's shown at 30 seconds, the old man now has the knife and the mere act of turning to get the knife broke the fingers open. If old man steps back there with knife up, that diffuses the whole situation and no one dies. Instead he steps back into the original attacker and stabs him in the neck.

I think you're overstating the not letting the guy escape the situation. 27-29 seconds, the old guy was able to walk past the younger guy who could have shoved him back against and stopped him. But didn't.

Brandish the knife to defuse?

Breh, brandishing deadly force and giving the person an opportunity to prepare their attack is stupid. If you're in fear of great bodily injury with reasonability then you have every right to use the knife.

He wasn’t trapped. He was already passed his attacker. He then turned back to the attacker (after a grab on the neck that even an old guy as shown could pull away from) and stabbed the attacker in his neck.

You act like this all happened in slow motion. Honest question, have you ever been in a situation where you had to defend yourself against a much larger opponent who seemed very close to bashing your head in.

At 29 seconds in the original tweet, the old guy is passed the attacker. That finger grip on the back of his neck isn't something that can actually hold a person back. That's shown at 30 seconds, the old man now has the knife and the mere act of turning to get the knife broke the fingers open. If old man steps back there with knife up, that diffuses the whole situation and no one dies. Instead he steps back into the original attacker and stabs him in the neck.

I think you're overstating the not letting the guy escape the situation. 27-29 seconds, the old guy was able to walk past the younger guy who could have shoved him back against and stopped him. But didn't.

TBH, I think the clerk had made up his mind he was going to stab the guy while he was sitting in the chair. Wouldn't have mattered if he managed to walk past the guy effortlessly or not.

I can't prove it either way of course, and he'd be better off in court saying he felt like he was being grabbed and at that point he felt he needed to stab him, but intuition and the flow of his movement tells me he had already made up his mind what he was going to do when he was sitting on the chair.

Care to elaborate?

I don't think it would be a good idea to have it such that once someone commits a crime and does their time that when they are back in society they have different legal standards apply to them. I think testimony of past crimes are considered invalid for court cases about different incidents for that reason. That's the point I was trying to make, though may have been quite vague and not said it very well.

I am saying career criminals shouldn't have rights. Tolerance is why our society is falling apart.

I am saying career criminals shouldn't have rights. Tolerance is why our society is falling apart.

And so how would you envision that playing out? Like, at what point does a criminal become a career criminal? And once past that, if someone murders them we just say "oh well" and move on?

3 st
And so how would you envision that playing out? Like, at what point does a criminal become a career criminal? And once past that, if someone murders them we just say "oh well" and move on?

3 strikes and you lose status as a human being, and get rented out by the state as equipment.

bro you are insane

have you ever been in any altercation?

you are fucking timing this old man's decision to the second LMFAO

not even fucking professionals work like this

this isn't a fucking game

as soon as the guy attacked him behind the counter it was game over

ps : this actually might be one of the worst posts i have seen all year

Texas will have wall street too sooner than later with retardation like this da

why are you robbing someone in an amiri shirt? lol wtf

Could be fake? I had to google it.... looks like expensive shit. Could have just paid for the bag of chips you'd think!!!?!?!?!?!?

There’d be a lot more evidence on display to sift through. I’d also get a full reading from the judge how the New York law specifically applies in this case.

With only the clip in OP, I think I’d find him guilty. The stab to the neck seems sudden for what the guy had done to him.

With the apparent audio of the girlfriend saying her boyfriend was going to fuck him up, I think I’d find him innocent as that adds an element of intent behind the push and grab actions that on their surface aren’t deadly, but now seem more likely to be leading into a potentially deadly beating.

But like I said, there’s loads more discussed at trial even when there’s video evidence of the killing than just that video. As well as I’m not a NY resident so I don’t know how their self defense laws are setup. I don’t even know if self defense is an affirmative defense or not in NY.

No one should be required to accept an unwarranted beating because it likely won’t be that serious. There’s no way to know and this man struck first and was being very aggressive going behind the counter. This man was 30 years his junior and larger, he doesn’t get the same victim status as two guys involved in mutual combat. This was a one sided attack, but I hope the da doesn’t drop the charges and lets this circus play out snd I hope they get stomped.

Brandishing a knife in that situation is an escalation, and in every State where I'm familiar with the laws it now justifies the use of lethal force by the young guy who started the assault in the first place.

Brandishing a knife in that situation is an escalation, and in every State where I'm familiar with the laws it now justifies the use of lethal force by the young guy who started the assault in the first place.

That is not the case at all. Lethal self defense is meant to stop the attack and protect the person being attacked. This asshole started it and the store owner used the knife to protect himself and stop the attack. Some criminal doesn’t get to shoot at police because they drew down on him.

Back