NXT Takover: Portland

Did you know there was a Takeover today?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
tumblr_oj9n50LXm21s066k8o1_400.gif

Had to smart cast from my phone. The WWE app isn't working very well on my PS4.

Solid card
Was thoroughly entertained
Ending had too much going on imo

STARz

Lee vs Djokovic ****¼
Nox vs Kai ***¾
Balor vs Gargano ****½
Ripley vs Bel Air ***½
UE vs Broserweights ****½
Cole vs Ciampa ****

Really good card as usual with NXT Takeover. I'm not a fan of the Broserweights tag team. I feel like they sacrificed a bunch of up and coming teams to give two singles guys they don't know what to do with the spotlight of the tag division.

Gargano V Ciampa makes perfect sense, as Ciampa did some despicable shit to Gargano during their feud and Gargano has been on a bit of a freefall since. To be honest, I did groan a bit when they put DIY back together. Those two should have hated each other for life.

Card was worth the price, but there have been better takeovers.

First match was a barnburner, second was decent (that table spot at the end was fucked due to hitting at the wrong angle, because Nox was spiked hard. Belair and Ripley are both better suited for the main roster, UE V Broserweights was good but not great (Riddle and Dunne are both better on their own, hoping for a split and a bitter feud at some point) and Cole V Ciampa wasn't terrible, but it ran for too long, had some heinous shit be shrugged off and to be honest, the ending just left me tired.

Tag Title matches are almost always the best thing on Takeovers...and this show as no exception.

Lee vs DD was decent but not great. That's what happens when you do the same match too many times in a reatively short period of time. You try something new for each match and eventually it falls flat. Wasn't bad though and the right guy won. Lee should be the guy who beats fattie the clown at Mania.

Nox vs Kai...this sucked...these two both suck...eat a bag of Bubba dicks...moving on.

Finn vs Gargano was pretty good. Prince Balor has that fire back and he's tearing it up. If Gargano wasn't a tiny hyper active Rollins and could remember to sell things this would have been great. Looking forward to Finn going back after Cole.

Bianca vs Rhea was good...card placement hurt this...this was booked as power chick vs power chick...basically the match was the chick version of what we just saw with Lee and DD and was noticeably inferior. If this had been on a random Wednesday without the behemoth match earlier and without being right after Finn/Johnny Dipshit it would have come off better. Still good though...and worlds better than most diva matches.

Broserweights vs ReDragon...god damn this was good. The ending was a little hokey...but it was good enough that it didn't matter. I don't like the idea of random tags beating established teams...but I guess I getting used to them doing it at this point. O'Reilly is the most underrated guy on the roster. Great match start to finish.

Retard Announcer moment: O'Reilly grabs an Achilles lock
Announcers: "O'Reilly with the kneebar!"

<{hughesimpress}>

Ciampa vs Cole...sigh...I like both these guys...but they both have a bad habit in these bigger matches to push things past the point of "holy shit that was awesome," into the land of "All right, this just is retarded now." This was the later. Disco wasn't wrong about the table wheelbarrow suplex spot. That was absolutely retarded for a guy with a surgically repaired neck to take. Someone needs to protect Ciampa from himself backstage and talk him out of shit like that. And it was just a transition spot. I checked out after that...if they're going to do all these specials high lighting the real life major injuries these guys go through, you can't ask me to suspend disbelief on stuff like that. After that...too many big spots that were shrugged off in less than a minute. Table spots mean nothing, apron spots mean nothing, top rope spots mean nothing, pile drivers on the floor mean nothing. I didn't like it. Fans that chant fight forever can go fuck themselves. And now Johnny fraggle music shows up...wonderful. I had hoped I'd never have to see those two wrestle again.

Retard announcer moment: Ciampa hits several running kicks and knees, and it playing to the crowd outside the ring
Announcer" "Ciampa's pace is very slow and methodical and he's leaning on Adam Cole."

<{hughesimpress}>

Back