NXT Takover: Portland

Did you know there was a Takeover today?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
80LQ8Qj.gif

Great match ruined by all the bullshit.

Gargano and Ciampa again? Who gives a shit.

So another Gargano-Ciampa match at takeover mania it seems.

That overbooked slough finish ruined the match.

Skinny Chase Owens

Wasn't Cole in NJPW at some point? Or just part of the ROH shit?
he was there representing ROH when they first started co-promoting

01-4-800x533.jpg

screen-shot-2017-02-26-at-16.02.09-1488122513-800.png

will Ripley pull double duty Mania weekend and defend at Takeover and Mania?

Didn't they already try heel Gargano and it failed miserably because nobody bought him as a heel?

Lee/ Djokovic was a decent opener, but I would say the weakest of their matches. Right guy won, and I don't want to see this again. No idea where either guy goes from here.

Nox/Kai I wasn't really paying attention to. Adding the new chick is good, the bad is it means either Yim or LeRae get involved to even it out.

Balor/Gargano was excellent. Good mix of old school and new school match structure. Right guy won, and it set up later in the evening nicely.

Ripley/BelAire was ok. Minus the one really obvious botch on the suplex spot, that they tried again right after and botched, it was a solid match. It did however highlight how green both women are. Flair/Ripley should be good, as long as Rhea goes over.

Tag match was really good, but I didn't like the booking. That many miscues by the faces should have cost them the match, or what's the point. Odd that Nxt had a great tag division not too long ago and know there's hardly any.

Cole/Ciampa was stellar up until the Dusty finish, and that was only bad because the set up took too long. Gargano costing Ciampa makes sense since we never got the payoff from their feud before Tomosso got hurt.

Finn vs Cole seems odd to me. Matches should be great, but heel vs heel doesn't work very well.

I only got to see the first couple matches. I'm a big fan of Keith Lee, and I really wish Dominick had SOME charisma he seems like a legit good guy. Anyways, I've enjoyed their matches a lot in NXT, but this match I wasn't very happy with the push of so many high spots. Especially when the rhythm seemed off. They should have called an audible some where and cut some of those spots or something. You shouldn't keep forcing moves where timing is VERY important if your guys timing hasn't been great so far. That's just my opinion anyway. Keith Lee is in my top 5 across the board right now.

Back