NXT Takeover: Vengeance Day

Week to week the shows AEW and NXT are ok, but nothing memorable (and the less said about RAW and Smackdown the better). The Rumble was ok, but plagued by bad booking. Takeover tonight was ok, but for it being the "Wrestling show" it underdelivered. I am just getting burned out on mediocrity and shit.

I'm behind on the show since the missus and I were having V-day dinner.

Very happy to see Kai and Gonzalez go over. That's my match of the night. Also I'd like Raquel to step on my balls.

Don't care about gargano/Kushida. Fast forwarded to the finish.

Not surprised MSK won. They're pushing them hard. I don't care about either team.

Cameron Grimes as an Appalachian millionaire might actually be good. Will have to see. Hillbilly Ted DiBiase? He needs to hire Virgil.

Just getting to the women's title triple threat. Hoping Io retains. Sure storm has a phat ass but I'd eat Io's first.

The finger shit has always been dumb as fuck. Especially when Marty Scurll would shhh the crowd first and make a snapping noise before he "broke" the guys fingers, only for the guys fingers to be perfectly fine a minute later. I used to go to a lot of ROH shows and the crowd would pop hard for that spot every time and I never got what people liked about it.

It would be great if it was actually sold, only happened near the end of the match and the fingers would be taped up the day after.

It really adds to Dunnes character as a dirty, torturous wrestler, but yeah, it means very little if the person taking it is using his fingers all fine and dandy afterwards.

Dunne V Balor was an excellent, gritty match, but the finger thing was the only real drawback of it.

This Takeover was good but I wasn't as invested as I usually am. The wrestlers always work really hard and do some amazing things, but their characters just don't seem as special as they used to. They're great technicians, but they're generally small, bland looking and fairly generic.

So no Kyle and Bobby
No UE (until the very end)
No Kross
No Timmy
No Dexter
No tag title match.

WTF?

Just finished the show.

The chick tag matched sucked. No one involved can work worth a shit and they're ugly. This was terrible and if you liked it there's something wrong with you.

Gargano vs Kushida was pretty good. Gargano sucks at mat work. That spinning brainbuster off the second rope looked pretty cool. Fun match. 2nd best thing on the show.

The tag match was ok. The bald dude talks well and his work is good. You could do something with him. The guy who looks like Stevie Richards is ok...not bad, not good...just kind of there. GYV is a stupid name. The black dude needs someone to coach him on how to wrestle and not just do stuff. He has the ability, but he needs a lot of polish. The white MSK dude sucks. He's that guy Cornette talks about who tries to do things he's seen on youtube...but doesn't understand why he's doing them so they don't come off right. He emphasizes the wrong parts, or sells the wrong things. Mudshow bullshit he is. That doomsday suicide dive was brutal...good stuff. The push flip over the kneeling guy was horseshit. I still don't know what MSK means, but when I find out it will probably be something retarded.

The chick title match was crap. Martinez is about as convincing as a badass as Tamina. They kept wanting her to do power moves. The problem was Toni Storm is so fuckin dumpy that Matinez couldn't lift her well, and Storm can't jump more than 2 inches to help her. Io's role in this match was to randomly jump in every couple minutes. Storm talks better than most divas but she wrestles as shitty as the rest of them. The tower dive spot looked stupid. Dumb match.

Finn vs Dunn was really good. Finn is fantastic. His mat work is better than Dunn's. I think this match was hurt by the fact it came right after the series with O'Rielly. Everything Dunn does, Kyle did better...so it took the luster off of this match. If this had happened a couple more months down the road, the comparison wouldn't be so fresh. Still good though. I love the little things Finn does to make it seem more real...like keeping his fingers gnarled doing the gun point instead of just doing it normal. He's one of the best in the world. Best match on the show easily.

I like the turn with Cole. Playing second fiddle didn't fit his character. It makes sense for O'Rielly to come around and buddy up to Finn through respect...but not Cole. He should have waiting in the buckle brush to bushwack him the entire time. I like that Strong didn't immediately pick a side, although I imagine he'll go with Cole to keep things even. It will be interesting to see which way they send Fish when he comes back.

Just finished the show.

The chick tag matched sucked. No one involved can work worth a shit and they're ugly. This was terrible and if you liked it there's something wrong with you.

Gargano vs Kushida was pretty good. Gargano sucks at mat work. That spinning brainbuster off the second rope looked pretty cool. Fun match. 2nd best thing on the show.

The tag match was ok. The bald dude talks well and his work is good. You could do something with him. The guy who looks like Stevie Richards is ok...not bad, not good...just kind of there. GYV is a stupid name. The black dude needs someone to coach him on how to wrestle and not just do stuff. He has the ability, but he needs a lot of polish. The white MSK dude sucks. He's that guy Cornette talks about who tries to do things he's seen on youtube...but doesn't understand why he's doing them so they don't come off right. He emphasizes the wrong parts, or sells the wrong things. Mudshow bullshit he is. That doomsday suicide dive was brutal...good stuff. The push flip over the kneeling guy was horseshit. I still don't know what MSK means, but when I find out it will probably be something retarded.

The chick title match was crap. Martinez is about as convincing as a badass as Tamina. They kept wanting her to do power moves. The problem was Toni Storm is so fuckin dumpy that Matinez couldn't lift her well, and Storm can't jump more than 2 inches to help her. Io's role in this match was to randomly jump in every couple minutes. Storm talks better than most divas but she wrestles as shitty as the rest of them. The tower dive spot looked stupid. Dumb match.

Finn vs Dunn was really good. Finn is fantastic. His mat work is better than Dunn's. I think this match was hurt by the fact it came right after the series with O'Rielly. Everything Dunn does, Kyle did better...so it took the luster off of this match. If this had happened a couple more months down the road, the comparison wouldn't be so fresh. Still good though. I love the little things Finn does to make it seem more real...like keeping his fingers gnarled doing the gun point instead of just doing it normal. He's one of the best in the world. Best match on the show easily.

I like the turn with Cole. Playing second fiddle didn't fit his character. It makes sense for O'Rielly to come around and buddy up to Finn through respect...but not Cole. He should have waiting in the buckle brush to bushwack him the entire time. I like that Strong didn't immediately pick a side, although I imagine he'll go with Cole to keep things even. It will be interesting to see which way they send Fish when he comes back.
Look it’s Bobby and Kyle, they’re a team, I’m going to be very mad if I have to pick a favorite between Bobby and Kyle

Back