Nutrition Newb

Symphony-x

White Belt
Reaction score
So at the moment im trying to seriously getting into losing weight. My aim is to lose around 20kg [progressively] and maybe gain a lil more muscle. At the moment I am training kickboxing three nights a week [Tuesday, Thursday, Friday] for an hour session, and go cycling most nights. I'm aiming to get more exercise in soon as well.

However, my main problem is my diet, I have read through threads and still amn't 100% sure what I should be eating, and when really. My general daily food intake/diet is roughly as follow:

Working days:
9am Cereal with semi skilled milk.

11.30am Wrap usually with chicken or tuna, apple and water

3pm Apple and water

6pm Main meal, usually chicken, or similar [baked potato, mince, something like that] with lots of vegetables or salad.

College days:
8am Cereal with semi skilled milk or protein shake [typically 2 scoops, fully skilled milk]

11am pint of fresh orange

1pm Sandwich, usually ham, lettuce and sometimes cheese. Plus a smoothie

6pm Main meal, usually chicken, or similar [baked potato, mince, something like that] with lots of vegetables or salad.

So, not the most well balanced diet probably. What could you suggest I could do guys?

Also, what supplements would be beneficial for me?

Thanks

Yeah check out the FAQ up top. Read the four posts in there. There are a bunch of links to other threads and articles there including "The Seven Habits of Effective Nutrition."

Back