Nutrition Newb

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Symphony-x, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Symphony-x

Symphony-x White Belt

So at the moment im trying to seriously getting into losing weight. My aim is to lose around 20kg [progressively] and maybe gain a lil more muscle. At the moment I am training kickboxing three nights a week [Tuesday, Thursday, Friday] for an hour session, and go cycling most nights. I'm aiming to get more exercise in soon as well.

However, my main problem is my diet, I have read through threads and still amn't 100% sure what I should be eating, and when really. My general daily food intake/diet is roughly as follow:

Working days:
    9am Cereal with semi skilled milk.

11.30am Wrap usually with chicken or tuna, apple and water

3pm Apple and water

6pm Main meal, usually chicken, or similar [baked potato, mince, something like that] with lots of vegetables or salad.

College days:
    8am Cereal with semi skilled milk or protein shake [typically 2 scoops, fully skilled milk]

11am pint of fresh orange

1pm Sandwich, usually ham, lettuce and sometimes cheese. Plus a smoothie

6pm Main meal, usually chicken, or similar [baked potato, mince, something like that] with lots of vegetables or salad.

So, not the most well balanced diet probably. What could you suggest I could do guys?

Also, what supplements would be beneficial for me?

Thanks

2. Vedic

Vedic Purple Belt

You didn't read the stickies.

3. RollinDownRodeo

RollinDownRodeo Blue Belt

On Rodeo with a shotgun on a quiet, peaceful day
    Yeah check out the FAQ up top. Read the four posts in there. There are a bunch of links to other threads and articles there including "The Seven Habits of Effective Nutrition."