Nutrition Log - Weight Loss

mschatz

Hamma: I has it
Reaction score
I am about 170-172 pounds right now. I would like to compete at 152, but I'm sure if I can get down that low. If not, I can very easily make 165. I went from 185 to where I'm at now within a few months and without much of a lifestyle change other than increasing cardio and I havent been lifting as often. To drop the rest of the weight, I plan on following the below dietary plan. I dont think I have 20 pounds of fat to lose, so some muscle loss would be acceptable if it meant I could compete at 152 pounds. Please let me know your comments/criticism:

Daily Training/Diet
  • 6:30 am - approx 2 mile run
  • 7:00 am - Only high carb meal of the day (smoothie with fruit juice, protien powder, banana, frozen berries, flax seed powder, creatine, beta-alanine. 1-2 cups of coffee with milk/creamer
  • 1100 am - Lean protien source and spinach or other veggie
  • 2:00 pm - Lean Protien source and spinach or other veggie
  • 5:30 - 8pm - Boxing training
  • 8:30 pm - Lean protien with veggies and maybe rice or potatos
* Other carbs come from 20-40 gms of protien from shakes, nuts and tomatos or berries. Drinking between 64-96 ounces of water daily and sometimes add a half serving of propel water powder in the water

Supplements
  • 5 gms Creatine
  • 5 gms beta-alanine
  • Multi-vitamin
  • Fish oil/flax seed oil caps
  • ZMA (sometimes)
  • Glucosamine Chondroit

Add some eggs to that morning meal.

2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites.

2 to 8:30 is a long time without a meal.

5 pm veggies and lean meat would be my suggestion.

When do you go to sleep?

Add some eggs to that morning meal.

2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites.

2 to 8:30 is a long time without a meal.

5 pm veggies and lean meat would be my suggestion.

When do you go to sleep?

Thanks for the feedback. It would be exactly be 2-830 without any food. Ill have a protien shake and a snack before I head to the gym.

Ill add a couple eggs in the morning.

Sleep 10:30 - 11 or so

I am about 170-172 pounds right now. I would like to compete at 152, but I'm sure if I can get down that low. If not, I can very easily make 165. I went from 185 to where I'm at now within a few months and without much of a lifestyle change other than increasing cardio and I havent been lifting as often. To drop the rest of the weight, I plan on following the below dietary plan. I dont think I have 20 pounds of fat to lose, so some muscle loss would be acceptable if it meant I could compete at 152 pounds. Please let me know your comments/criticism:

Daily Training/Diet
  • 6:30 am - approx 2 mile run
  • 7:00 am - Only high carb meal of the day (smoothie with fruit juice, protien powder, banana, frozen berries, flax seed powder, creatine, beta-alanine. 1-2 cups of coffee with milk/creamer
  • 1100 am - Lean protien source and spinach or other veggiewhere is the fat
  • 2:00 pm - Lean Protien source and spinach or other veggiewhere is the fat
  • 5:30 - 8pm - Boxing training
  • 8:30 pm - Lean protien with veggies and maybe rice or potatos
* Other carbs come from 20-40 gms of protien from shakes, nuts and tomatos or berries. Drinking between 64-96 ounces of water daily and sometimes add a half serving of propel water powder in the water

Supplements
  • 5 gms Creatine
  • 5 gms beta-alanine
  • Multi-vitamin
  • Fish oil/flax seed oil caps
  • ZMA (sometimes)
  • Glucosamine Chondroit

More fat bud.

More fat bud.

Thanks. How much more?

I cook with canola oil, which I know has some good fats. Also, munch on cashews and other nuts throughout the day. Would that be sufficient?

I just did a calorie check, and it looks like its under 2000 calories a day. Only 2 days into it, and energy levels/focus are fine. Is that enough calories even with the idea of losing both musce and fat?

What is your height and weight? How many servings of nuts are we talking? IF 2000 may be ok, otherwise, most likely not.

Thanks. How much more?

I cook with canola oil, which I know has some good fats. Also, munch on cashews and other nuts throughout the day. Would that be sufficient?

I think so. I usually take my fish oil in the a.m, after my 4:pm feeding and at night (when I remember). I eat the nuts and cook with olive or coconut oil.
Also, (30-40)before training sometimes I have Muscle Milk, which has an ok amount of fat (with 1% milk).

I think for you, what 75 grams of fat a day? So 25 from each of the poly, mono and saturated. If you feel like bothering with that shit. I think between eggs, fish and olive plus whatever animals you eat, you'll be fine.

Do a real practice cut Ms. Just like you would for a fight. Drink shit loads of water for a couple days with extra sodium, then cut it way back, get rid of all the sodium, hit the sauna and see where you're at. I've dropped from 179 to 166 without any major dehydrating, so I don;t think 152 is too far off for ya man.

ps.
I'm going go try to get my fat ass back down around 175 and when I fight again I think 160 would be perfect for me.

What is your height and weight? How many servings of nuts are we talking? IF 2000 may be ok, otherwise, most likely not.

Right now, 5'10" and 170-ish (low 170's)

Probably 2-3 servings a day.

I think so. I usually take my fish oil in the a.m, after my 4:pm feeding and at night (when I remember). I eat the nuts and cook with olive or coconut oil.
Also, (30-40)before training sometimes I have Muscle Milk, which has an ok amount of fat (with 1% milk).

I think for you, what 75 grams of fat a day? So 25 from each of the poly, mono and saturated. If you feel like bothering with that shit. I think between eggs, fish and olive plus whatever animals you eat, you'll be fine.

Do a real practice cut Ms. Just like you would for a fight. Drink shit loads of water for a couple days with extra sodium, then cut it way back, get rid of all the sodium, hit the sauna and see where you're at. I've dropped from 179 to 166 without any major dehydrating, so I don;t think 152 is too far off for ya man.

Thanks for the feedback dude. I wouldnt think 152 is TOO far off, except that I've already dropped about 12-15 lbs, and I was fairly lean to start with. I def want to do a practice cut, and maybe thats something we could do at the same time, since you had mentioned you'll be doing it as well. I want to follow this or a slightly modified diet for a month and see how easily the actual body weights coming off before doing the practice water cut though.

Sounds good. I should be in better shaper weight wise by end of June. One of my old training partners is back as we start pads tomorrow. I;m scared though, the dude kicks like a horse. He's left bruises on me with even the most dense Thai pads.

So ya, practice cut end of June or so sounds good to me.

Sounds good. I should be in better shaper weight wise by end of June. One of my old training partners is back as we start pads tomorrow. I;m scared though, the dude kicks like a horse. He's left bruises on me with even the most dense Thai pads.

So ya, practice cut end of June or so sounds good to me.

I'm glad my sport doesnt require the checking of horse kicks.

Practice cut in June...

Add 10g of fish oil a day, maybe half in the morning and half at a later meal.

You sure spend a lot of time being hungry doing this...

I thought too much EPA/DHA is no good? I thought I remember MM talking about taking no more than 4g a day. Someone please clarify? I take roughly 3.6g a day now.

I thought too much EPA/DHA is no good? I thought I remember MM talking about taking no more than 4g a day. Someone please clarify? I take roughly 3.6g a day now.

I think he was talking about 10g of fish oil total, as in 10 1000mg fish oil pills. That's what i understand to be the recommended dosage(or at least the recomendation I have been going with), giving you between 3-4g of EPA/DHA.

Diet Log starting...now

5/16/08 - Body Weight (after training): 169

Supps - 2.4g EPA/DHA, Multi, Flaxseed Oil cap, 3 caps glucosamine Chondroitin, 5g Beta-Alanine, 5g Creatine

8am
3 Eggs
Shake with black berries, cranberry juice, protien powder, banana, flax seed powder

10am
Cherry tomatos

Noon
1.5 servings boneless/skinless chicken breast (honey glaze) and spinach
Handfull of pecans

3pm
1.5 servings boneless/skinless chicken breat (honey glaze) and spinach
Handful of pecans

8pm
Fruit while cooking dinner

930pm
Beef Brisket, beets, 2 beers (kind of a cheat meal-friday), garbanzo beans

I think he was talking about 10g of fish oil total, as in 10 1000mg fish oil pills. That's what i understand to be the recommended dosage(or at least the recomendation I have been going with), giving you between 3-4g of EPA/DHA.

Yep, I thought that what was meant too.

3 grams(caps), 3x day.

(plus 1 for good luck?)

Back