Nutrition and the CNS

!!! Hmm. Well when something is too good to be true, it generally is. From what little reading I've done on PS, seems like it "used" to be sourced from bovine brains. I can't see that happening nowadays with BSE being rampant.

Now I'm curious as fuck where they get it from. lol.

Sometimes for me mike, I just don't go the whole route of conversions, and this has that in it etc. I just go and buy the straight product. 33 dollars for 1-2 months is nothing to me. Or the guys I train. Overall between protein etc, its a drop in the bucket.

That's pretty much my reason to, Mike. It's not that I want to piss cash out the door but convenience and not having the pain-in-the-ass of trying to guess what you're actually consuming has value. If I were to ever use PS (beyond what I do now) it would be purely situational and so the cost wouldn't be that big of a deal... especially at $33 a bottle.

In fact, what's sad is that I think that Prosource bottle is about the same price as I paid for 60 100mg pills... I totally got raped.

!!! Hmm. Well when something is too good to be true, it generally is. From what little reading I've done on PS, seems like it "used" to be sourced from bovine brains. I can't see that happening nowadays with BSE being rampant.

Now I'm curious as fuck where they get it from. lol.

If you take a 200-300g Lecithin shake a day, you'll be all set :icon_chee

They used to get most PS from cow brains but now get it from soy because of the disease factor...

What's the PS dosage in mammal brains? A Lebanese restaurant around the corners sells a pretty taste lamb brain paste.

http://www.prosource.net/product.jsp?path=-1|46706&id=249

Yep, LoL... I'm obviously shopping at the wrong place... $33 for two months supply.

Bulk Nutrition - Olympian Labs Phosphatidylserine Complex at discount prices! (Essential Fatty Acids, Essential Fatty Acids, Essential Fatty Acids, Unmapped, Unmapped, Unmapped, Healthy Living)

?

edit- I should say it says 'Phospholipids 500mg'. And its a 'Phosphatidylserine Complex' so I guess you don't actually know what the Phosphatidylserine content is

60 Softgels
Supplement Facts
Serving SizeOne (1)Softgel
Servings Per Container60
Amount Per Serving
Phospholipids 500mg †
Phosphatidylserine (Soy Phospholipid) 20-22% †
Phosphatidylcholine (Soy Phospholipid) 14-18% †
Phosphatidylethanolamine (Soy Phospholipid) 10-12% †
Phosphatidylinositol (Soy Phospholipid) 7-10% †
Essential Fatty Acid Blend 748mg †
Caprylic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Capric Acid, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Linolenic Acid, And Stearic Acid.
† Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients
Gelatin, Glycerin, Borage Oil, Water

Thats that product Ian. That means roughly only 100mg of PS per capsule. That won't cut it.

CNS recovery:

=big meal/high calorie/nice mix of macros
=B-Complex...huge for cns recovery...you'll feel its effects quite fast..
=Melatonin....go with an unusually high(er) dosage...so if you normally take 3-5mg...take 10-15mg...
=ZMA
=5htp/tryptophan can also be in there for their potential to improve sleep quality and thereby aid in faster recovery

Its all good man. Thanks for looking:)

CNS recovery is an information black hole right now. We barely understand neural stress and adaptation, so we're pretty far from developing optimization protocols.

I've developed a theory about using carnitine for CNS recovery, and the article should be on EliteFTS in the coming weeks.

I'll be interested in checking that article out. Thanks for the heads up.

For those of us that don't want to be bummed but P&P, does this look ok for Phosphatidyl Serine?

Phosphatidyl serine - Health and wellness | myprotein.co.uk

Its 100g of 20% Phosphatidyl Serine for $55 ish

edit- wait a minute. Does that mean per 100g only 20g is Phosphatidyl Serine.....as in not much.....as in 9 tablets of the other stuff vedic linked?

Regarding PS and mental supplements.

If I were to consider getting something for mental clarity and really mental performance, out of the -actem's available and PS or any other neurotropics available, would PS be the better option (cheapest from the looks of it if you include P&P)

Regarding PS and mental supplements.

If I were to consider getting something for mental clarity and really mental performance, out of the -actem's available and PS or any other neurotropics available, would PS be the better option (cheapest from the looks of it if you include P&P)

I repeat

PS and ALC are my favorites for daily use. But there are other good ones.

Interesting

I had always thought of alc as a supplement for weight loss

Thanks for the input

ALC for weight loss too. But I take it more for mental clarity etc.

Coolio.
I just saw some at BN which isn't that bad price wise so i might get some with my next order.

How much do you usually take for mental clarity? I was thinking 1 tsp in the morning

Phosphatidylserine

Does the difference between animal and plant source for PS matter?
From THAT website aleast, they are saying that everything that shows PS works was from animal sources

I'm just playing devils advocate

Back