Nurmagomedov Vs Ferguson- how do you's see this one going?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Conor McGreG0AT, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Conor McGreG0AT

Conor McGreG0AT White Belt

Okay so who do you guys have picked to win by what in which round?

This is Khabib's first fight in almost 2 years, his wrestling is clearly the strongest in the division and he's shown decent striking ability in the past (although rather wild at times). So we'll have to see how that matches up with Tony's length and creative style.. It'll be interesting to see if he can stay on the feet and avoid Khabib's takedowns all together. If not, he'll have to try to maintain guard and attack with elbows and/or submission attempts / try to return to his feet as quickly as possible. Tony's going to have to stay on the offense while being very aware of the takedowns while keeping constant pressure on Khabib so he can try and break the pace Khabib forces upon his opponents. For Khabib, he'll have to try and stay in Ferguson's face , but out of range of his power punches, and try to get takedowns whenever the opportunity presents itself. then while on the ground try to advance to more advantegous positions (side control, mount) try to look for submissions of his own (although he hasn't shown very much versatility in his submission offense) or just go for takedowns and grind him out all night long into the decision.

This is all depending upon whether Khabib is still the same fighter he was 2 years ago before these injuries, but who knows, it could've motivated him to become better. Ie: Dominick Cruz

So yea tell me what you guys think! How do you see this one going down ? Who wins and by what in which round?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. legkicktko

legkicktko Brown Belt

Impossible to predict. It all depends on how Khabib looks after the lay off and injuries.

3. Conor McGreG0AT

Conor McGreG0AT White Belt

Agreed

4. Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest

I think you made the post way to long. I stopped after 1st paragraph.

WAR KABIB

5. Tom Taylor

Tom Taylor Brown Belt

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. If he's on point, I think he'll win a decision. If not, I think Ferguson will stop him.

6. GrAtI

GrAtI Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Khabib UD.

7. Bend NvR Break

Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

Impossible to know how Khabib is going to look after a 2 year absence. If it's the Khabib of old it's his fight to lose.

8. UniqueSteez

UniqueSteez Be water my friend. Platinum Member

I see Tony picking him apart with his Boxing and using his wild scrambling style to get back up to his feet when taken down.
    Tony via Decision.