Nunez: I'll wait for Ronda for my 1st title defense.

I dont understand why this bothers you? Unlike Bisping wanting Hendo and Woodley wanting Diaz this would be Nunes' hardest fight to date. Ronda is still the best in that divison (arguably) not like Nunes is ducking anyone.

Maybe because Amanda will possibly be on the shelf until 2018 waiting for Ronda? Or Ronda never comes back ever?

I dont understand why this bothers you? Unlike Bisping wanting Hendo and Woodley wanting Diaz this would be Nunes' hardest fight to date. Ronda is still the best in that divison (arguably) not like Nunes is ducking anyone.
we don't even know if ronda will come back and how she will come back. but she's still acting entitled. she needs to defend the belt. IF ronda is really coming back in this second semester, ok. if not, fuck off

Maybe because Amanda will possibly be on the shelf until 2018 waiting for Ronda? Or Ronda never comes back ever?
You know they won't be waiting that long to Amanda in a fight. If Ronda comes back for 205 this fight makes a lot of sense. Especially when the divison isn't that deep with contenders like WW at the moment.

What is it with the new champions looking for "easy" fights for their very first title defenses? Eddie might had been the worst saying he wanted an easy fight right at the post fight press conference.

The fact that she doesnt want to fight Pena before Ronda should tell you something.
Yeah, it tells me that a Ronda Rousey fight does a lot more for her legacy and bank account than fighting some unlikable nobody. Pena is easy for Nunes and even easier for Rousey.

we don't even know if ronda will come back and how she will come back. but she's still acting entitled. she needs to defend the belt. IF ronda is really coming back in this second semester, ok. if not, fuck off
We're saying the same thing

Please no that fight is a 30 second arm bar waiting to happen

Have her rematch Shevchenko and lose and then we can see another counter striker smash Honda

What is it with the new champions looking for "easy" fights for their very first title defenses? Eddie might had been the worst saying he wanted an easy fight right at the post fight press conference.

In this case, given that Nunes would get a PPV cut, consider how well Ronda's "comeback" fight would sell?

Serious money to be made waiting for this, assuming it actually occurs. Yes, I would rather see her fight the winner of Pena/Shevchenko, but she could be waiting for a "once-ever" money shot.

Nunes is delusional as hell. Obviously UFC will not let her sit out for anybody.

Yeah, it tells me that a Ronda Rousey fight does a lot more for her legacy and bank account than fighting some unlikable nobody. Pena is easy for Nunes and even easier for Rousey.
Ronda is not coming back this year, why not get some money and one defense with Pena ? If she is so easy,that is. I bet Pena was easy win for Cat too.

Ronda's not coming back

So I guess we won't see Nunez fight again

Ronda is not coming back this year, why not get some money and one defense with Pena ? If she is so easy,that is. I bet Pena was easy win for Cat too.
Nunes has already said she has no problem whooping Pena and putting it in her place if Rousey isn't coming back. It's about time Pena fought somebody who was actually coming off a win.

Damn.. i thought they would get her out of the way by the time Rondas back.. maybe Nunes fights and loses in sept/october and Ronda is back in feb/march.. funnier match-ups.

Nothing against Nunes perse and i´m no Ronda fan either.

Ronda 1st round armbar.

But Rondas matchups against Holly/Miesha/Cyborg is not really on the horizon so it doesn't really matter who from the rest.

Last edited:
That is just an assumption.

Numbers don't lie

Come now. You're basing this off a sample size of one, which happens to be a landmark event called UFC 200. This is a poor use of statistics, and I hope you don't apply this type of logic in everyday life.

Tell me, if you had to bet which of those fighters would have the highest average over 10 cards where the only difference is who is headlining, would you pick Amanda Nunes?

Ronda is not coming back until 2017 the earliest so I hope she has money saved

Nunes has already said she has no problem whooping Pena and putting it in her place if Rousey isn't coming back. It's about time Pena fought somebody who was actually coming off a win.
Well good for her if he actually said that and is willing to do it,I look forward to this fight.

Back