Nunes Vs Rousey - Who Wins?

Who do you think would win?

• Total voters

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This would be a great fight and apparently Ronda will get a title shot whenever she returns. I think Amanda would win; every time Ronda fights, she strikes with her opponent at the start of the round and eats shots before she can initiate the clinch. Amanda has knockout power, so if Ronda tries to bullrush her then Amanda would probably KO her.

Also, people have said that Amanda's really aggressive when she fights, so Ronda would be able to take her down easily, but Amanda's a lot more meticulous when she fights nowadays and she's not as aggressive as she used to be. She's a brown belt in Judo, too; I know she's not on Ronda's level, but it won't be as easy for Ronda to take her down.

What do you guys think?

Ronda.

I'm sorry, Sherdog.

Definitely Ronda, for the reason you said TS. Nunes is going to close the gap on Ronda, doing half the work for her

Rousey, I don't think nunes can keep the distance and avoid clinches like holm

Rousey via submission 1st round.

Nunes by virtue of actually knowing how to strike. Assuming she fights smart.

Rousey 7 out of 10 times I think, Nunes can definitely win though.

Fight ends in the first almost assuredly.

I just don't know. There are too many questions regarding Ronda's mental state. That was her first loss, and it seemed to devastate her. I have no idea how or even if she can put it behind her and move on.

I'm just waiting to see. But I dont think she will ever return. I could be wrong though.

Nunes round 1

Black belt in BJJ
Black belt in Judo
KTFO power
As big as Holly, but stronger
Cardio not at in issue in this fight

Ronda has non-existent striking defence
Couldn't take down white belt Holly

Styles make fight

lol Anyone who thinks Ronda wouldn't win is fucking Mental

Ronda would Murk her

It's really impossible to call due to the Ronda variable. If she's able to fully recover and be herself again, I would assume Amanda's aggressive style would play right into getting thrown and armbarred. There's a strong possibility though that, based on the extra long layoff and pictures of her appearing to be much bigger, Ronda could very well be a completely different person/fighter mentally. We don't know how she may react to any type of adversity in a fight now, or if she even really wants to fight again.

50/50 to me tbh....

Kinda want to see it.

lol Anyone who thinks Ronda wouldn't win is fucking Mental

Ronda would Murk her
What makes you so sure ronda wins so easily. She has been out over a Year and hasnt looked too confident in even returning . plus Amanda just destroyed Misha unlike anyone else has and beat the new top contender in shevchenko.

Nunes round 1

Black belt in BJJ
Black belt in Judo
KTFO power
As big as Holly, but stronger
Cardio not at in issue in this fight

Ronda has non-existent striking defence
Couldn't take down white belt Holly

Styles make fight
A whole lotta what he said. Nunes has the skills.

Unfortunately neither of them has good cardio. (Ronda gassed after a minute with Holly).

I think its a coin flip.

Back