Nunes vs Rousey BJJ Scout analysis

meareiguana

Finest Сasual Dating Real Women
Banned
Reaction score

Anyone changed their prediction after watching this? Discuss :p

I hate to say this but Ronda will win this as easily as she did before holm.

Can't watch the vid right now. Summary anyone?

Rousey isn't bring anything to this fight that Nunes can't handle. Lioness will insist on a stand up fight and beat Ronda silly on the feet and finish her.

Love BJJ scout, didn't notice this. Will watch now, thanks TS.

Basically comes down to Amanda's improved footwork and striking setups and how that's potentially bad for Ronda, and how Amanda's method of limp arming and backing straight up to pull out of a clinch is a freebie for Ronda to break her posture and get position to land knees or hit a Judo throw. Both fighters have a serious flaw which can be exploited by the other (Ronda's poor footwork and striking defence, Amanda's poor clinch defence) and it more or less comes down to who capitalizes first on an opportunity. Also noted at Amanda's technique & awareness goes down the crapper after the 1st round, so even through neither fighter has a 5 round gas tank, Ronda will have more & better chances as the fight goes on if she's not damaged too much by Amanda.

Basically comes down to Amanda's improved footwork and striking setups and how that's potentially bad for Ronda, and how Amanda's method of limp arming and backing straight up to pull out of a clinch is a freebie for Ronda to break her posture and get position to land knees or hit a Judo throw. Both fighters have a serious flaw which can be exploited by the other (Ronda's poor footwork and striking defence, Amanda's poor clinch defence) and it more or less comes down to who capitalizes first on an opportunity. Also noted at Amanda's technique & awareness goes down the crapper after the 1st round, so even through neither fighter has a 5 round gas tank, Ronda will have more & better chances as the fight goes on if she's not damaged too much by Amanda.

Wow awesome thanks!

- Starts with Amanda has the tools from range to exploit some holes in Rousey's game. Good jab, circling, feints and movements
- This tends to fade late in rounds, particularly after being forced to grapple
- Grappling instincts not good when tired
- Not great short range or in the clinch, focused on spacing and landing from punching range (ie favors straights and long punches over knees and the like)
-tactics for spacing from the clinch are simplistic (though effective) and could be not that great against experienced clinch fighters
-Some analysis on the dangers of limp arming to avoid pummeling, you automatically conceding a strong position in an attempt to escape and this can be taken advantage of
-Gives some good footage of how Holly defended well in the clinch by not conceding position and posture, but instead going through the correct progressions off pummeling and hand fighting
-Posits that Amanda has the skills to do so, but avoids it because it's energy consuming
-Also links to video of some of Rousey's nifty setups to knees on the feet, kinda of implies this could be an area she has an advantage in

Last edited:
Rousey isn't bring anything to this fight that Nunes can't handle. Lioness will insist on a stand up fight and beat Ronda silly on the feet and finish her.
I think most of us agree that if this is a stand up fight it will be short and Nunes will win.

I'll give a poor effort...

Nunes is an in-and-out striker looking for counters who slows down, tends to duck a lot in the later rounds which could result in a clinches and turns her back on the ground.

Her defense in the clinch is poor for Rousey's style, her arm is often weak and exposed. She is defensively "irresponsible" in the clinch.

- Starts with Amanda has the tools from range to exploit some holes in Rousey's game. Good jab, circling, feints and movements
- Not great short range or in the clinch, focused on spacing and landing from punching range (ie favors straights and long punches over knees and the like)
-tactics for spacing from the clinch are simplistic (though effective) and could be not that great against experienced clinch fighters
-Some analysis on the dangers of limp arming to avoid pummeling, you automatically conceding a strong position in an attempt to escape and this can be taken advantage of
-Gives some good footage of how Holly defended well in the clinch by not conceding position and posture, but instead going through the correct progressions off pummeling and hand fighting
-Posits that Amanda has the skills to do so, but avoids it because it's energy consuming

well fuck you guise.

Hey thanks much appreciated.

I'll give a poor effort...

Nunes is an in-and-out striker looking for counters who slows down, tends to duck a lot in the later rounds which could result in a clinches and turns her back on the ground.

Her defense in the clinch is poor for Rousey's style, her arm is often weak and exposed. She is defensively "irresponsible" in the clinch.

well fuck you

Thanks all the same brah ;)

I really like these kind of breakdowns does anyone know other ppl that do it?

Far from a Ronda fan but if she comes into this fight with even a tad of gameplan she will win. i just don't see Nunes really dominating her on the standup. All it takes is one slip up in later rounds.

Anyone changed their prediction after watching this? Discuss :p

Probably not, it seems like the popular prediction was that the fight favors Nunes early and Ronda later. (Funny how that has changed)

But this is a good vid, bump.

i hate Rhonda but Nune seems to have a low fight I.Q she will probably jump in the clinch and get sub'd

I can't wait to see Ronda win the belt again, but I want Shevchenko to win it too...

Back