Nunes vs Megan

She better go breast feed. She ain't about this life no mo.

Motivated by motherhood, Nunes ready for challenge at UFC 259

Now heading into her first title defence as a mom, Nunes says she’s feeling extra motivated by all of the joy that having a new baby girl has brought to her.

"This time it’s different, this time I’m going to be able to share with my daughter,” Nunes told TSN. “Seeing my hand being raised March 6, it’s going to be the first time that she’s going to be there and so I want to dedicate it to her. It’s just a new moment in my life and I’m pretty excited and makes me very happy because that’s motivating me. When I’m training happy, this was one of the best camps that I’ve had.”

~~~~~

Someone bout to get "Momed"!!

Motivated by motherhood, Nunes ready for challenge at UFC 259

Now heading into her first title defence as a mom, Nunes says she’s feeling extra motivated by all of the joy that having a new baby girl has brought to her.

"This time it’s different, this time I’m going to be able to share with my daughter,” Nunes told TSN. “Seeing my hand being raised March 6, it’s going to be the first time that she’s going to be there and so I want to dedicate it to her. It’s just a new moment in my life and I’m pretty excited and makes me very happy because that’s motivating me. When I’m training happy, this was one of the best camps that I’ve had.”

~~~~~

Someone bout to get "Momed"!!
upload_2021-3-2_14-2-55.png

I give Megan a better chance than i gave Holly and Rose. She's still fucked tho. Bet the house

You give Megan a better chance than Holly? The same Holly who absolutely handled Megan with complete ease?

Yeah exactly. @Volador said above that WMMA is probably a goldmine, but I disagree. A lot of these fighters are really unreliable, you just never know how they’re gonna look. And sometimes crazy shit happens. Agrapova was like -1400 or something crazy on that fight she lost. Think of some of the chicks we’ve seen, or who have been scheduled to fight recently: Ashley Yoder, Gillian Robertson, Amanda Ribas. I wouldn’t trust them with my money. Plus the lighter weight classes go to decisions more often, and who knows how the judges will see it. Like that Ketlen Viera-Yama Kunitskaya fight.

I’m feeling upset in the air too. I really hope Megan can pull it off.

WMMA actually is a goldmine. It's what I bet on mainly.

The girls aren't unreliable at all lol. It isn't like the men where they're all decently well rounded now. The girls always seem to have one core focus. This makes it a lot easier to see how they match up against one another and bet on.

Yoder, Gillian, and Ribas of whom you mentioned have all made me good money. I'd trust them with more money going forward, especially Yoder. Most predictable of the three.

The girls going to decisions actually makes it easier. Outside of a few girls, you know you're not going to see sudden KOs. They usually just fight to their strengths and to a decision. That makes things a lot easier to read and predict.

You give Megan a better chance than Holly? The same Holly who absolutely handled Megan with complete ease?
I think he means Holly over Ronda and Rose over Joanna, since he mentioned Rose, and Rose has never been in a position to fight Amanda for very obvious reasons.

Anderson has a small puncher’s chance. She might be the third hardest puncher in the UFC women’s divisions after de Randamie and Nunes, herself. That being said, she is much more likely to be the punchee than the puncher.

Amanda by Massacre....

Im all for upsets and the underdog rising to the occasion. I mean, Megan has um height....and uh..uh she has, well some striking , like I mean, some stuff , some height and.....

Yea....Massacre.

WMMA actually is a goldmine. It's what I bet on mainly.

The girls aren't unreliable at all lol. It isn't like the men where they're all decently well rounded now. The girls always seem to have one core focus. This makes it a lot easier to see how they match up against one another and bet on.

Yoder, Gillian, and Ribas of whom you mentioned have all made me good money. I'd trust them with more money going forward, especially Yoder. Most predictable of the three.

The girls going to decisions actually makes it easier. Outside of a few girls, you know you're not going to see sudden KOs. They usually just fight to their strengths and to a decision. That makes things a lot easier to read and predict.
<mma4>
I stand corrected :)
You would know better than me, as I don’t bet money in fights anymore. Strictly vcash for fun now.

Why would you put such a huge underdog on a parlay?

Just had a feeling of a big night of upsets. I took 6 fights. I obviously don't expect it to come out but I bet 75 bucks and would win 45k lol why the fuck not.

I think Islam is feeling the pressure and Dober is underrated. I think Amanda must feel unstoppable by now but having kids changes you. Never know. I also took Peter yan... Jan ... rakik... and Dom Cruz. If those 6 come out I'll be a very happy Haddonfield serial killer.

Just had a feeling of a big night of upsets. I took 6 fights. I obviously don't expect it to come out but I bet 75 bucks and would win 45k lol why the fuck not.

I think Islam is feeling the pressure and Dober is underrated. I think Amanda must feel unstoppable by now but having kids changes you. Never know. I also took Peter yan... Jan ... rakik... and Dom Cruz. If those 6 come out I'll be a very happy Haddonfield serial killer.
cause it's throwing away 75 dollars lol. That's why. But it's your money.

How realistic is that she has made those adjustments though? GDR (who is miles above Megan in striking and footwork) also came in trying to fight Nunes on the outside and got grapplefucked for 5 rounds.
I think it's too early, I don't think she has made those adjustments yet and her striking to grappling defense/offense isn't natural for her yet. Nunes can easily use the same game plan she used on GDR on Megan. GDR is the better technical striker compared to Megan. Nunes can step in and work the inside for a finish if she doesn't want to use a grappling/clinching approach. Nunes hits harder and is faster. This fight could've been more competitive a couple years from now.

But anything can happen in the fight game, Ortega completely changed up his style in a year. So maybe Megan stepped it up since her last fight. We'll see soon enough.

Nunes might be vulnerable to a toe in the eyeball.

UFC232_PRELIM3_TKO_ANDERSON-001_1413814851599_mp4_video_1280x720_2500000_primary_audio_eng_8_350x197_1413822531634.jpg

I think people underestimate Megan’s power, and how sneaky she can be. One sneaky counter shot will sends Nunes stumbling. If Megan landed it. Which she probably won’t. :(
WAR MEGAN anyway though, I’ll be cheering for her.
She doesn't have the skills to land it. She's the wmma version of brawler with a punchers chance.

This should be GDR vs Nunes 2.

This fight is embarrassing

Megan is a lamb being lead to slaughter

First or second round KO and judging from the Embedded shows, Amanda has been preoccupied with her baby and probably not as focused on training
Well she's fighting what would amount to cm punk challenging usman.

I love me some Megan Anderson, but Amanda handled Germaine. I don’t see what Megan really has to offer.
You mean she panic wrestled and almost got subbed by a blue belt from round 3 on. Nunes is a front runner so there is that - maybe she gasses out punching Megan and then megan takes over in round 3-5. Possible but unlikely.

A rematch is in order (with GDR).

Back