Nunes vs. Holm

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by kingkshon73, Aug 8, 2015.

1. kingkshon73

kingkshon73 Green Belt

Is this is the fight to make as a number one contender fight with the winner facing the winner of Ronda Tate 3?

2. Degen Gambler

Degen Gambler Silver Belt

3. WhitebeltXL

WhitebeltXL Black Belt

Yeah that's what I'd do, but you never know with the UFC.

And based on both recent performances, I'd imagine Nunes smashes Holm.

4. Drake

Drake Guest

I don't think so. Don't want to kill a contender. Give one of them Kaufman & the other the Pena/Eye winner.

Why not Davis? Davis vs Cat, imo.

5. kingkshon73

kingkshon73 Green Belt

Yeah honestly I'm not sure Holm ever gets a title shot.

6. conorbless1

conorbless1 Banned Banned

Make them fight after both lose to Ronda. Winner gets a second chance.

7. Would be a horrible fight. Holm would hang outside until Nunes gasses and then Holm will still not take advantage. The safe Greg Jackson way

8. kingkshon73

kingkshon73 Green Belt

Those are risky fights.

9. deviake

deviake RIGHT MEOW YEAH

I concur with this.

If Holm keeps improving I think she'll be an interesting fight for Ronda down the line.

10. RTL

RTL NostraMMAus™ Platinum Member

Holm wins this. Her risk-averse, in-and-out boxing style will be difficult to penetrate by Nunes.

Holm is built by Jackson's to take as minimal damage as possible, all-the-while scoring enough points to win a decision. The onus will be on Nunes to crack Holm's game, as Holm won't be rushing in for takedowns like McMann was tonight.

11. MaveDeltzer

MaveDeltzer Brown Belt

I'd guess, Nunes rematches Davis and they give Holm someone like Liz.

Cat wont be back for a while.

12. stevenseagle

stevenseagle Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Holly Holm vs Germaine De Randamie

13. BigDaddyBach

BigDaddyBach Banned Banned

This is exactly what was said about Marion Reneau recently. Who knows, you could be right, but Im not counting Holly out. She has a close fight with an inferior Pennington and then dominates a much better fighter in Reneau....could be the type of fighter that fights up to competition and needed time to settle in, overcome UFC jitters.

She is probably the best striker we have seen in high level MMA aide from Cyborg, and definitely the most cerebral. Looking good against a wrestler that just learned to strike and looking good against a bonafide high level kickboxer are two different things entirely.

14. MurrDawg

MurrDawg Green Belt

I'd like to see Holm as well but can see them doing Kaufman first. If she gets by either of then a rematch vs Zingano could set up that title shot. I know it's a somewhat recent rematch but division thin and rematches are needed.

15. BASSER911414

BASSER911414 Blue Belt

Holm sucks. Shes got flashy KO's against no names. She arguably lost to Pennington and looked just ok against Reneau as well.

16. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

Some interesting matchups are on it's way, Cat Zingano recently indicated on twitter that a fight is coming soon, this tells me she is under talks for a scheduled fight. Some thought Penna because Penna's coach said they want a fight with Cat but we have now confirmed she is scheduled to face Eye.

Cat wants Rousey rematch and she can only do this by taking out a top competitor, here are her current options:

2)Cat Zingano vs 3)Alexis Davis or 5)Sarah Kaufman

7)Amanda Nunes vs 9)Holly Holm would be great, just like Bethe, Holm is another bait that would not be given to the wolves (strong wrestlers) so Nunes does sound like a logical idea. Nunes has a KO power but Holm will not wildly exchange with her, likely pick her apart and intensify her workload once she feels Nunes is gassing out.

10)Liz Carmouche or 12)Marion Reneau or 14)Germaine de Randamie or 8)Bethe Correia is also a good match up for these ladies in either match up to move up the ranking (Correia being used as a less risk high reward ladder for those fighters mentioned above).

Note: Please stop suggesting Holm vs Kaufman, they are training buddies and unless its for a title fight, they are not going to fight eachother, they have mentioned this several times before.

17. Drake

Drake Guest

Would be quite good... Definitely wouldn't be surprised if GDR pulled off the upset.

18. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

Ok lets stop exaggerating to sound relevant.. Holm trains with the likes of Jones, Kaufman, Waterson and many other big names who all believe she is legit, hence why she was taken seriously. Incase you haven't heard of octagon jitters I suggest you go back and look at Holm, she was visibly shaking, I think if she fought with Pennington now it would be a different outcome. She looked cautious yet good against Reneau who looked pretty good in her last a few fights and won new fans.

Holm likely isn't a top 3 opponent but to say she "sucks" is just irritatingly stupid, she has good movement, hits hard and has an excellent cardio and her boxing record is not something you can disregard, she will have memorable fights in the octagon in the future.

19. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

Thats a dream match up for many fans, however due to lack of competition for Rousey Holm is currently on a quest to the top, her next opponent likely a step up in competition. However, I do think those two will meet, my opinion is after Rousey is done with Holm.

20. ineverpost

ineverpost Black Belt

Holm will lose by sub.