Nunes vs Cyborg was JDS vs Cain 1

That's why Amanda is being smart an not fighting her again right away ....... she knows Cyborg went in with a stupid game plan n knows she adjusts next time.

She’s the first female fighter to win belts in two weight classes. Has defended her title in a deeper division of WMMA.

She’s beaten top ranked opponents that casual fans recognise: Ronda, Tate and now Cyborg.

Her stock will undoubtably increase and the UFC will begin to promote her as a world beater.
I agree that her stock probably will increase. But considering it was quite low before, up is pretty much the only way to go... How much up is the question.

Half of the stuff you listed that should help promote her has already been true before the Cyborg fight.
And yet what had the UFC (and Nunes herself) done with it? Not much, imo.

its possible but the Nunes KO looked more than just a lucky shot...

Right. She cracked her good several times. Beat her to the punch with straights inside of Cyborg's sloppy hooks. Against the fence she stepped across inside the arc of Cyborg's shot and landed another short right. When she landed the final shot she had to step to adjust, timed it and put her down.

There is really no comparison.

I’m still amazed how many people take the 2 years thing out of context, and don’t realize it was a sarcastic remark.

JDS moved up from a lower weight class to become 2 division champion by KO'ing Velasquez?

Oh wait, no he didn't.

Not even close to being the same.

Cyborg had the advantage of the fight with Nunes being at 145. Nunes had to move up. And Cyborg got demolished.

No need for a rematch.

If there is a rematch, Cyborg should move down to 135 to fight Nunes. Only way to be fair at this point . . .

I’m still amazed how many people take the 2 years thing out of context, and don’t realize it was a sarcastic remark.

MMA fans: making NASCAR fans look like quantum chemists and particle physicists since 1993!!!!!!

Very well could be.

They do need a rematch - cris now knows she can be hurt and finished and needs to have respect for nunes power.

Rematch hinges on whether or not Cris can stop her urge to revert back to chute boxe style when she gets hit hard.

Nunes vs Holly/Ladd winner

Cris vs Megan

If they both win then rematch.

MMA fans: making NASCAR fans look like quantum chemists and particle physicists since 1993!!!!!!
Tell me about it. Got a retard in a ONe thread acting like there’s no such thing as seeded tournaments in individual sports, because “herp derp muh precious mma is unique among all other sports.”

She’s the first female fighter to win belts in two weight classes. Has defended her title in a deeper division of WMMA.

She’s beaten top ranked opponents that casual fans recognise: Ronda, Tate and now Cyborg.

Her stock will undoubtably increase and the UFC will begin to promote her as a world beater.
Hopefully , previously Dana seemed only interested in marketing "lookers", JJ being the exception. Nunes' looks and nationality/language may work against her in the promotion department.
Given who she has beaten , she should be a breeze to market, but Dana has proven resistant to marketing people that are not brash and abrasive.

Cyborg mauls Nunes in a rematch and all fights going forward. That's why Nunes wants 2 years to be ready for Cyborg.
Nah that is so far from truth. Cyborg fights nothing like cain at all. She literally just got dominated at her own game.

Pretty much I agree. Cyborg gets a ton of hate.
She wasn’t outclassed. She had no respect and paid the price.
Lesson learned.

I do think that Cyborg's performance was the worst thing she could have done approach/'plan' wise. That said I'm not sure why is that, just an off night, a strike sent her loco, Nunes is the better striker, or her age/end of prime showed up over night.. until we see it again we can't know exactly was up.

Nunes just like JDS fully deserve those W they got them. (never taking anything away from them)

I would still pick Cyborg in the rematch but no way would I be so confident like I was for the first fight, it is a lot closer in my eyes now and I could very well still underrate Nunes in all of this (I'm fully aware of that possibility too).

I don't disagree - but that doesn't mean it's guaranteed or even just likely that she'll be able to repeat it in future fights.

Btw, do you consider JDS vs Cain I a fluke/lucky shot?
not really. I wouldnt say it was lucky but i think the 2nd and 3rd fights proved it may have been a fluke shot. JDS was hotttt at the time and had everything clicking so i expected it the first tome around TBH. i cant say the same for Nunes

Back