Nunes vs Cyborg was JDS vs Cain 1

michaelsilva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cyborg mauls Nunes in a rematch and all fights going forward. That's why Nunes wants 2 years to be ready for Cyborg.

People say this about every fight where a dominant fighter loses badly <45>

Cyborg was clipped multiple times when Cain ate one huge shot that shut him down. Not the same IMO.

Did you even saw the JDS/Cain first fight? 2 totally different scenarios ....

apples to oranges. cain got caught right off the bat with a huge shot. cyborg went full on wandy mode and nunes used precision and skill to counter and hurt her multiple times. cyborg lost badly, but she showed a massive heart by trying to get back up a few times. cain fell like a lump of potatoes and was finished quickly.

nunes faceplants cyborg 10 out of 10 times. Cyborg is the female tim sylvia who made a career on beating cans and undersized girls while on steroids. Cyborg has nothing for nunes.

We’ll probably never find out, Dana has no interest in an immediate rematch and Cyborg will likely be let go after her next fight.

I was surprised by the result though. Nunes is more marketable and the better fighter imo anyway.

Didnt Cain have a broken leg or something?

Whats Cyborgs excuse?

Nunes is the real deal, watch her previous fights for chrissakes.

(probably totally juiced up on high quality brazillian supplements, but thats just my speculation based on her incredible power)

Dodgy knee,but so did jds,the reality is he gave jds space and let him pick his shots and he turned his lights out.

What does "2 years to be ready" means?, to be ready for what? she just won the first fight, title/division becomes pointless if she doesnt defend, and well...most logical fight is the rematch, not because it was close, or because it could had gone the other way (which it could) but because the division consists of Cyborg and Anderson, and her single UFC win was a SHIT win against a 135er that basically requires a rematch.

a career of sloppy brawling doesn't just go away overnight

I didn't think nunes would have the strength or power to capitalise on it so early but she won that fight by being a more skilled fighter, it's not like cyborg slipped on a banana skin and an otherwise amazing defence was penetrated by accident

I tend to agree with the TS, but I'm not exactly unbiased.

Nunes is more marketable and the better fighter imo anyway.
Huh?! Maybe she should be, but so far it seems quite the contrary.
I don't remember her being a fan favorite at all, and that is despite her already having had some impressive finishes at that time.

Cyborg mauls Nunes in a rematch and all fights going forward. That's why Nunes wants 2 years to be ready for Cyborg.
its possible but the Nunes KO looked more than just a lucky shot...

She’s the first female fighter to win belts in two weight classes. Has defended her title in a deeper division of WMMA.

She’s beaten top ranked opponents that casual fans recognise: Ronda, Tate and now Cyborg.

Her stock will undoubtably increase and the UFC will begin to promote her as a world beater.

its possible but the Nunes KO looked more than just a lucky shot...
I don't disagree - but that doesn't mean it's guaranteed or even just likely that she'll be able to repeat it in future fights.

Btw, do you consider JDS vs Cain I a fluke/lucky shot?

Back