Nunes: Valentina should prove herself

lol Nunes already mouthing off... this should be fun. I say throw Valentina at her asap, see how she likes it over 5 rounds, the division's already a total shitshow, might as well ignite further mayhem with another belt switch...

That belt will continue to get passed around like a blunt.

i wanna see a woman royal rumble for all the 135 pounders in the UFC

At this stage, and with UFC's history of chasing $ over athletic merit, a tournament at 135 makes far more sense than it should...

tfc-5-on-5-mma-fight-usa-vs-latvia-carnage2.png
Something like this work?

Is prefer a smaller ring, but you're on to something here.

This the only fight that makes sense.

At this stage, and with UFC's history of chasing $ over athletic merit, a tournament at 135 makes far more sense than it should...

Makes a lot of sense actually. If all these women just go in circles beating each other (Tate loses to Ronda, who loses to Holly, who then loses to Tate, etc) might as well put them in a bracket. At least you get a better idea of who is the best.

The Shevchenko that fought last night would whoop Nuñes in a 5-rounder, no doubt.

she is actually right.
Why give her a rematch after a loss and then a win?
The fight was signed for 3 rounds, it doesn't matter what would've happened in 5 and the win wasn't controversial.
Makes more sense for Pena to get the title shot or fight #1 with Valentina.

Yes and so would've the Shevchenko that fought Nunes the first time if it had been 5 rounds.
I agree, but if she fights like she did last night, I say she takes 4-5 rounds. She fought too timidly for the first two, then put a pretty great beating on Nuñes in the third. She won't make that mistake again.

i wonder if the people saying that bisping is ducking tough fights have been watching long enough to know that bisping got knocked out by henderson in the past.

it's hardly ducking anyone when you want a fight against a guy that knocked you stiff in the past.

nunes is clearly ducking though, she's not trying to avenge a loss, she just wants to hold onto the belt as long as she can without fighting

I agree, but if she fights like she did last night, I say she takes 4-5 rounds. She fought too timidly for the first two, then put a pretty great beating on Nuñes in the third. She won't make that mistake again.

I think Nunes is well aware of this.

What's up with champions ducking contenders lately? Who the hell else is Nunes going to fight? Pena? Pena beat a Zingano after a year and a half long layoff, Valentina just beat top 3 ranked Holly Holm. I can not think of any other worthy contenders.

i wonder if the people saying that bisping is ducking tough fights have been watching long enough to know that bisping got knocked out by henderson in the past.

it's hardly ducking anyone when you want a fight against a guy that knocked you stiff in the past.

nunes is clearly ducking though, she's not trying to avenge a loss, she just wants to hold onto the belt as long as she can without fighting

I haven't made up my mind on Bisping yet. But picking out a fighter who is clearly on the downside of his career just seems less than _______ (I'll let someone else fill in the blank). The whole "he knocked me out" is too easy of an excuse. He was robbed in the Rashad fight--seems like he should me more pissed about that.

The whole WBW division still has to prove itself, so what's her point?

she's not ducking, you rubes. She's holding out for the $Money$ fight with the DNB [should she ever return].

Dana, let Valya get the revenge. She proved herself enough last night.

Back