News Nunes, Namajunas, Nurmagomedov and Ngannou are nominated for Best MMA fighter in this year’s ESPY’s

Nunes? She has had one fight in 2021 against a can, same in 2020. Shouldn't these nominations be based on achievements throughout the year?

They all have fought only once since the last summer

-Nunes just fought a soccer mom at that weak division (145lbs)
-Khabib only fought Gaethje

That win has more credit than the Nunes one over Megan

Then you have Ngannou that beat Miocic in a rematch in a very brutal way and took the belt, very impressive
And Namajunas just got the belt back and beating Zhang Weili by a very impressive way

I think it gotta be between those two and since Namajunas was an actually underdog I'll give to her (Ngannou was a favorite for that fight, right?)

Khabib is undefeated this year and I never heard about other dudes. So, it's him

Izzy, Usman, Charlie, should be in the list. They all fought impressively in 2020 and 2021.

Oliveira? Usman? Why 2 WMMA fighters? Also Valentina is much more umpressive than Rose. Yes Rose landed a good kick but is only on a 2 fight streak and her previous fight was a split decision win over the chick Valentina totally dominated.

Its simple, Valentina beat Andrade and Jennifer Maia. While Rose beat the champion (#3 WMMA fighter in UFC at that time) and Andrade. You don't possibly nominate Valentina with that win list even if 10 people were to be nominated.

And both fighters are on a 2 fight win streak. Its a 2020-2021 espy award.

Doesn't make sense any way you slice it. Nunes has one decision in 2020. Namajunas one split dec.

Izzy, Usman, Charlie, should be in the list. They all fought impressively in 2020 and 2021.

Yeah, but Usman only has Masvidal 1 for 2020. The other two definitely.

Back