Nunes is almost even money right now: +110

I don't think someone mentally weak runs a division for as long as she did and as easily as she did.

Its easy to be mentally strong when you are winning.But what about when you hit a bump or
get hit with the kick from hell.Does she crumble like a cookie or does she tough it out ?.

One of those guys won $10,300 on the Holly fight...so take that for what you will.

The bottom line (as it were) is that...

...if the Holly fight never happened and Ronda was fighting Nunes...it can be argued that the betting line would be WAY different.

Betting lines don't mean anything in terms of what is going to happen, especially in a sport like mma where a fight can be lost on one mistake. I don't even know what your point is really. Some gamblers think Amanda will win. Ok. They still have to fight though and neither one of them is going to be bringing up betting lines when the cage door closes.

Its easy to be mentally strong when you are winning.But what about when you hit a bump or
get hit with the kick from hell.Does she crumble like a cookie or does she tough it out ?.

That's what people will be paying to see.

Sherdog psychologists make me go
147.gif

Ronda is clearly a nutcase but that's why she wins this fight. She wouldn't take a fight she thought she could lose. She didn't even start training again until Holly lost. She would have retired I bet if Holly was still champ. I'm not betting the fight because I want Ronda to lose but the only play for me is on her.

Whereas every other fighter would take a fight they thought they would lose.

- Mentally weak blah, blah, - extreme results require a certain extreme mindset that Average Joes simply dont understand because they are just taht; AVERAGE.

If you want to be mediocre then stay within the normal psycological range and be a happy harmonious person.

I'm thinking Ronda will lose because she isn't improving. She is the most over rated fighter of all time on top of that anyway. Nunes can win if she's in shape.

Walk me through how Ronda is the most overrated fighter of all time ... I feel like an argument could be made that she's the best of all time lol, so I'm curious

Walk me through how Ronda is the most overrated fighter of all time ... I feel like an argument could be made that she's the best of all time lol, so I'm curious

The best MMA fighter of all time or do you mean the best WMMA fighter? I sure hope you aren't suggesting what I think you are suggesting.

Also equally possible that she comes back badder than ever and Nunes never stood a chance.

Not saying it'll happen, but it's weird to me that everyone KNOWS Ronda is mentally weak and is going to get killed, but no one actually knows Ronda or what's going through her mind or anything about her mentality. I don't think someone mentally weak runs a division for as long as she did and as easily as she did.

I'm not even a Ronda fan, but I hope she's back just to prove the haters wrong.
ya we should all know we have no idea what is going to happen - its about even money fight, that sounds about right

I don't doubt your gambling ability, but NPD potentially has A LOT to do with this fight.

A close friend of mine who used Ronda as a case study (she's a psychologist) was surprised that Ronda actually didn't retire.

...and I for one was surprised too.

You and your friend were both wrong; it's time to start taking hints IMO.

I don't doubt your gambling ability, but NPD potentially has A LOT to do with this fight.

A close friend of mine who used Ronda as a case study (she's a psychologist) was surprised that Ronda actually didn't retire.

...and I for one was surprised too.

I'd like to see the paper your friend wrote for her case study. I assume there was was a paper. Is it published anywhere?

ITT, odds posted and discussed by people who will do no betting.

As someone who gambles for a living, there is nothing telling about this line. What's telling is that Rhonda is still favored after getting brutally knocked out, talking about suicide, refusing Media, being handed a title shot without having to fight Holly Holm again... and she is still favored...I dislike Ronda but it's clear as day, she is winning this fight
I dont know how you're so certain that Ronda is winning. I have Nunes by UD. But I'm not confident in it.

Two points I think are worth mentioning : 1) Mentally weak doesn't apply to a two time Olympian .
2) If you want to post about a scared little bitch who has been exposed that is afraid of getting beat up by a superior striker again that won't even show up on fight night.....then the Cain Velasquez thread is the next one over. Haha

Do you really need Holly's striking to be better than Ronda though?

Yes, because this isn't a kickboxing match. You need a level of striking that is so much better than Ronda's that it allows you to land but denies Rousey the chance to close distance. What people don't get is that Holly didn't beat Ronda with " hands" she beat her with footwork and movement, something that Nunes does not have, and that takes a while to develop. What Holm does is she makes you pursue her and initiate the offense, and when you open up she counters. She is continually creating space. Nunes is a come forward/stationary fighter who initiates the offense. They couldn't be more different. It really isn't hard closing distance against a stationary offensive opponent; all you have to do is hold your hands up in a secure manner and tuck your chin. The person will only get one crack at you while you are in range for a second, and it won't be close to clean. Then you're inside.

Ronda takes this match unless she is SERIOUSLY messed up mentally.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the paper your friend wrote for her case study. I assume there was was a paper. Is it published anywhere?
Lol oh come on, let the guy pump up his post with a little bs.
No need to call em out on it..

I expect there to be very even final odds.

It's 50/50, imo. The only ending that would surprise me would be a decision.

Ronda's mental state is the X factor. The shit going on totally points to Ronda being messed up. In which case Nunes has a big advantage.

But this could be an elaborate smoke screen to make Nunes underestimate Ronda. Letting down her guard a little. Or to bait Nunes isn't being too aggresive at the start. If Ronda is on her game. One mistake might be all she needs to grab an arm.

But without being able to see Ronda do any press at all. And not even an open workout. I can only guess as to her mental state.

I wouldn't be confident enough to bet money on either one.

Nunes is so damn overrated. She got her head caved in by Zingano ffs.

Back