Nunes is almost even money right now: +110

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I was talking about this with some gambling buddies, (who know their shit) and said betting line is quite telling...

The obvious X-factor is the state of mental disarray that Ronda has to deal with as narcissistic personality disorder can be...

...well, just look at Kanye West. (he also has true NPD) He broke the fuck down...and that was that.

If Ronda was in a healthy state of being I wouldn't bet on her losing to Nunes, but Ronda is far far FAR removed from anything that resembles healthy.

And no, I'm not trying to make fun of her, I'm merely saying that she may already be defeated in her own mind.

This fight may be over before it began.

Last edited:
Your gambling buddies (who know their shit) said Ronda was a -1650 favorite going into the fight with Holly, which made her an even bigger favorite to beat Holly than she was to beat Bethe.

Also equally possible that she comes back badder than ever and Nunes never stood a chance.

Not saying it'll happen, but it's weird to me that everyone KNOWS Ronda is mentally weak and is going to get killed, but no one actually knows Ronda or what's going through her mind or anything about her mentality. I don't think someone mentally weak runs a division for as long as she did and as easily as she did.

I'm not even a Ronda fan, but I hope she's back just to prove the haters wrong.

Haters are going to melt the fuck down when it hits them Nunes is just another WMMA can that doesn't have Holly Holm's striking and gets tossed on her head.

Nunes was +300 at one point in time.

By fight time.

Nunes -115
Ronda -125
No favs

I'm thinking Ronda will lose because she isn't improving. She is the most over rated fighter of all time on top of that anyway. Nunes can win if she's in shape.

Yes her mental state is in question.

Yes she could quite possibly lose.

No I wouldn't dare bet against her.

As someone who gambles for a living, there is nothing telling about this line. What's telling is that Rhonda is still favored after getting brutally knocked out, talking about suicide, refusing Media, being handed a title shot without having to fight Holly Holm again... and she is still favored...I dislike Ronda but it's clear as day, she is winning this fight

Your gambling buddies (who know their shit) said Ronda was a -1650 favorite going into the fight with Holly, which made her an even bigger favorite to beat Holly than she was to beat Bethe.

Oh wow you're an idiot.

Vegas makes money no matter what.

There may be MANY variables involved in the creation of betting lines, (more so in actual sports like the NFL, etc) but one of the main factors at hand is that people bet on BOTH SIDES...

...it's a BIG REASON why the lines go up and down.

If (for example) a big underdog in the Superbowl isn't getting enough bets, they add points to that team...thus getting more people to bet on them.

...and in doing so, Vegas will WIN...no matter what.

As someone who gambles for a living, there is nothing telling about this line. What's telling is that Rhonda is still favored after getting brutally knocked out, talking about suicide, refusing Media, being handed a title shot without having to fight Holly Holm again... and she is still favored...I dislike Ronda but it's clear as day, she is winning this fight

I don't doubt your gambling ability, but NPD potentially has A LOT to do with this fight.

A close friend of mine who used Ronda as a case study (she's a psychologist) was surprised that Ronda actually didn't retire.

...and I for one was surprised too.

Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.gif

Oh wow you're an idiot.

Vegas makes money no matter what.

There may be MANY variables involved in the creation of betting lines, (more so in actual sports like the NFL, etc) but one of the main factors at hand is that people bet on BOTH SIDES...

...it's a BIG REASON why the lines go up and down.

If (for example) a big underdog in the Superbowl isn't getting enough bets, they add points to that team...thus getting more people to bet on them.

...and in doing so, Vegas will WIN...no matter what.

Almost no one was betting on Holly to beat Ronda. That's why it was such a shock that Ronda lost the way she did. Your gambling buddies (who know their shit) bet on Ronda to the point she was more favored to beat Holly than any other fighter she had fought in her entire mma career.

We're not talking about Vegas. Vegas wants the betting to be even. We are talking about your gambling buddies (who know their shit) and you thinking betting odds are a sign of something that's going to determine an outcome.

Almost no one was betting on Holly to beat Ronda. That's why it was such a shock that Ronda lost the way she did. Your gambling buddies (who know their shit) bet on Ronda to the point she was more favored to beat Holly than any other fighter she had fought in her entire mma career.

We're not talking about Vegas. Vegas wants the betting to be even. We are talking about your gambling buddies (who know their shit) and you thinking betting odds are a sign of something.

One of those guys won $10,300 on the Holly fight...so take that for what you will.

The bottom line (as it were) is that...

...if the Holly fight never happened and Ronda was fighting Nunes...it can be argued that the betting line would be WAY different.

Interesting first post!

Let's see your betting slips, Mr professional gambler.

Ronda is clearly a nutcase but that's why she wins this fight. She wouldn't take a fight she thought she could lose. She didn't even start training again until Holly lost. She would have retired I bet if Holly was still champ. I'm not betting the fight because I want Ronda to lose but the only play for me is on her.

Bet on ronda even if you hate her. I don't think the odds have ever been even in one of her fights

Back