Nunes Insults Cyborg's "Power" and Tells Her to Wait Two Years for Rematch

What do you make of Nunes' comments?

• Total voters
Gdr wouldnt fight cyborg with the belt on the line and now she's not even worth fighting now. She's essentially worthless at the moment.
i know. im trying to find her a fight..lol i was also thinking de randamie wouldnt wanna move weight classes while sitting in good shape as #1 contender.

Nunes is rude and disrespectful, especially, considering that her and Cyborg are Brazilian.

She's the champ champ,people line up and ask her questions and she responds.Weird right?
She talks too much, questioned or not. Nonstop rants.

Cyborg is still biggest money fight in wmma. Cyborg maybe learned a lesson that her power as great as she thought and Amanda hits hard. I don’t like rematches but cyborg is long time champ, was goat in wmma prior to this . No one else to fight at 145 and can’t hold division up for 2 years. Who does she have left to beat at 135, holly Holm? I’d take the cyborg money then move back don for good.
She's not. Cyborgs only value was her long undefeated streak and her claim,that many foolishly believed,that she was the best. She got smoked. Got no belt. So fighting her now has little value at the moment. She has to rebuild.

Weird that she was gun shy as hell against Shevchenko but then claims she wasnt worried about Cyborg's power at all

<mma4>

Shevchenko is a counter striker so I think that’s what her hesitation was about.

Why were you crying in the ring after winning the fight?

I'm confused:
either Cyborg was big deal and beating her was an accomplishment
or
her power is overrated (beating her is overrated) and don't give me so much credit

which one is it, you can't have it both ways.

She only said her power is overrated. How are you turning that into Cyborg is overrated?

Nunes has all the power now. She has fights down at 135lbs to keep her busy.

If Nunes keeps on winning she can make a very good earning. She will never become the draw Ronda was, but with the proper co-main event, she can maybe pull around 300k.
Fights at 135? Really? Fighting other than Cyborg she is co-main material, the last fight was horrible, Pennington didnt belong there, the only one that comes to mind has a recently poor record, Holm. Not hating on her, but a brawl isnt the best display of superior skill.

Weird amount of hate for someone wanting to go back down to defend her original title in a division that actually has a top 10. Should everyone at 135 be put on hold until Nunes/Cyborg 2,3,4 is finished?
Immediate rematches are shit unless it’s a terrible decision. Let the losing fighter smash at least one fighter first to regain some confidence and work on some shit.
This is exactly what I was thinking. She took the fight, dominated, and now wants to give other challengers a shot. If cyborg can go back to dominating like she has done in the past, they will fight again and Amanda won’t be reluctant to fight her.

Nunes is a BW, I don’t know why everyone is assuming she’d stay at FW. That and she doesn’t owe anyone anything.

Plenty of people did. "No woman has 1-shot KO power like Cyborg bro!!!" Saw it all the time. Along with "Cyborg is the best" and "Cyborg has great boxing" and tons of other stupid shit.

i've never seen anyone say she has 1 punch KO power, but "Cyborg is the best" when she hadn't lost a fight in years isn't stupid, and neither is "Cyborg has great boxing".

it's hilarious you think it's stupid. please name 5 female fighters who are better than Cyborg, and name 5 female fighters who have better boxing than Cyborg.

only Amanda Nunes can say she beat Cyborg, and only she can critique her boxing.

everyone else Cyborg fought got blown away, by guess what, her BOXING. she beat a boxing world champion in striking with her in UFC for fucks sake.

i've never seen anyone say she has 1 punch KO power, but "Cyborg is the best" when she hadn't lost a fight in years isn't stupid, and neither is "Cyborg has great boxing".

it's hilarious you think it's stupid. please name 5 female fighters who are better than Cyborg, and name 5 female fighters who have better boxing than Cyborg.

only Amanda Nunes can say she beat Cyborg, and only she can critique her boxing.

everyone else Cyborg fought got blown away, by guess what, her BOXING. she beat a boxing world champion in striking with her in UFC for fucks sake.

Erica Paes can say she beat Cyborg.

Female fighters who have better boxing than Cyborg: Nunes, Shevchenko (both), and if we are talking about just technique, well, there are a shitload of skilled boxers in smaller orgs.

There are various fighters who are more skilled than Cyborg, but would lose fighting her because she is bigger and stronger, and one hell of an athlete. So your question there is pointless.

Cyborg blew away smaller and weaker competition. She has only fought six women who have not fought lighter than 145, three of whom have zero wins. She has fought six women who have fought at 125. To compile this awesome record she came in heavy four times, failed two drug tests and was caught attempting to alter a weigh in scale.

She beat Holly Holm, who is far smaller. After all, Holm makes 135 without fail, whereas Cyborg "would die" trying to make that weight.

Also, fighting in MMA is not boxing. There is the threat of the takedown, clinch and kicking techniques, which you ignore. Unless Cyborg fought someone using just her hands under boxing rules, she did not win with boxing. Throwing volume punches with more power because of a size and strength advantage does not mean she has good boxing. Her technique has been criticized for years, and only cleaned up recently under Parillo. And you could see what happened when she got hit, and her technique went out the window.

Shit footwork, no control of distance, stepping in when already inside her power band, flailing away with sloppy hooks and getting beaten to the punch by straights, etc.

For someone to have great boxing, they actually need to be great at all the skills involved in boxing. Cyborg has never displayed this. She is strong, fast and has cardio for days. Technically, not so much.

Erica Paes can say she beat Cyborg.

Female fighters who have better boxing than Cyborg: Nunes, Shevchenko (both), and if we are talking about just technique, well, there are a shitload of skilled boxers in smaller orgs.

There are various fighters who are more skilled than Cyborg, but would lose fighting her because she is bigger and stronger, and one hell of an athlete. So your question there is pointless.

Cyborg blew away smaller and weaker competition. She has only fought six women who have not fought lighter than 145, three of whom have zero wins. She has fought six women who have fought at 125. To compile this awesome record she came in heavy four times, failed two drug tests and was caught attempting to alter a weigh in scale.

She beat Holly Holm, who is far smaller. After all, Holm makes 135 without fail, whereas Cyborg "would die" trying to make that weight.

Also, fighting in MMA is not boxing. There is the threat of the takedown, clinch and kicking techniques, which you ignore. Unless Cyborg fought someone using just her hands under boxing rules, she did not win with boxing. Throwing volume punches with more power because of a size and strength advantage does not mean she has good boxing. Her technique has been criticized for years, and only cleaned up recently under Parillo. And you could see what happened when she got hit, and her technique went out the window.

Shit footwork, no control of distance, stepping in when already inside her power band, flailing away with sloppy hooks and getting beaten to the punch by straights, etc.

For someone to have great boxing, they actually need to be great at all the skills involved in boxing. Cyborg has never displayed this. She is strong, fast and has cardio for days. Technically, not so much.

I don't even view her as akin to say Wanderlei back in the day, he could be a bit wild at points but always had the threat of turning a match with a single punch, Rampage both times, Saku 3, Tamura, Mezger, Fujita, etc. Cyborg has never shown that with any consistency, almost every win was a case of hustling someone up to the cage and unloading for a TKO.

Back