Nunes Insults Cyborg's "Power" and Tells Her to Wait Two Years for Rematch

What do you make of Nunes' comments?

• Total voters
In two years WMMA will be gone
Wish it was tomorow honestly. Takes up space on the main cards. Create a womans only league. Can you imagine the NBA making us watch a WNBA game before an NBA game? The UFC will never do it cause they know it would do as well as the WNBA does. Not that well. And before some sjw screams "misognynist", I think women should have the right to fight, just not in the UFC. Create their own shit. There are sometimes good fights, but for the most part I just play on my phone if its a sports bar or if at home streaming, I play on my tablet or take a nap.

“She didn’t [hurt me] at all,”

Well you have to eat a clean shot to say that lol Cyborg didnt land anything big

Nunes talks like a child

She didn't strike me as able to make a great case. She comes off as acting like a queen; she gets to choose her opponent or when to fight. Champions picking their opponents was never the way the UFC operated; it changed with Silva. Then there was Woodley, Bisping, others. Here she just sounds as if she's trying to annoy Cyborg.

She should have said, "Look, Cyborg is not my priority. I have my division to defend. I am not going to hold up the Bantamweight division and all the women who are lining up to fight me.

"I want an opponent who can last longer than 51 seconds. When Cyborg learns some new skills and can demonstrate she's not slow, or she has real power in her hands, we will talk about a rematch."

Amanda Nunes will make Cyborg wait two years for rematch after UFC 232

“She didn’t [hurt me] at all,” said Nunes during a recent appearance on the UFC Unfiltered podcast. “Actually, when she connected the first time I saw that there was no power at all and I put my hands down, [and said] ‘I’m gonna go for it’.

"I don’t know if you see when I put my head down when she started punching me but I was more scared of the talk that she punches hard than exactly that she punched hard.

"You hear a lot that ‘She punches hard, she’s strong, she has knockout power!’ but when she landed, I moved my head because I was more scared of being hit than because the punch was strong.”

“Cyborg doesn’t want to fight me if it takes more than a year to prepare, and right now, I don’t think she’s gonna want it because I’m gonna ask for two years to be ready for her again.

"She said I wanted one year to be ready for her and she didn’t want to wait that much, she don’t wanna stay without fighting but right now I’m asking for two years for the rematch.”

“Yeah I’m gonna defend my belt, my original belt,” Nunes concluded. “Yeah, for sure I’m gonna go down, defend my belt. My division is waiting for me and we will see what happens after but I don’t think Cyborg wants to wait for two years.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/4/1...rematch-after-ufc-23-mma-jones-ppv-gustafsson
"Cyborg doesn’t want to fight me if it takes more than a year to prepare"

what?

Surely there's something more compelling than watching someone who got soundly outclassed and finished inside of a minute get an immediate rematch. It wasn't like she got flash KO'd, Nunes was landing flush power shots and combinations at will.
so it shouldn't take two years, thanks for making her look worse.

The fight was decisive. If Cyborg stays in the UFC I’d expect a rematch at some point. And I doubt it would have to wait 2 years. But I don’t need to see it right now.

Cyborg talked minor but still shit talk in the lead up. Nunes has a right to everything she said here.
Why not three years then?

Nunes has all the power now. She has fights down at 135lbs to keep her busy.

If Nunes keeps on winning she can make a very good earning. She will never become the draw Ronda was, but with the proper co-main event, she can maybe pull around 300k.

Amanda Nunes will make Cyborg wait two years for rematch after UFC 232

“She didn’t [hurt me] at all,” said Nunes during a recent appearance on the UFC Unfiltered podcast. “Actually, when she connected the first time I saw that there was no power at all and I put my hands down, [and said] ‘I’m gonna go for it’.

"I don’t know if you see when I put my head down when she started punching me but I was more scared of the talk that she punches hard than exactly that she punched hard.

"You hear a lot that ‘She punches hard, she’s strong, she has knockout power!’ but when she landed, I moved my head because I was more scared of being hit than because the punch was strong.”

“Cyborg doesn’t want to fight me if it takes more than a year to prepare, and right now, I don’t think she’s gonna want it because I’m gonna ask for two years to be ready for her again.

"She said I wanted one year to be ready for her and she didn’t want to wait that much, she don’t wanna stay without fighting but right now I’m asking for two years for the rematch.”

“Yeah I’m gonna defend my belt, my original belt,” Nunes concluded. “Yeah, for sure I’m gonna go down, defend my belt. My division is waiting for me and we will see what happens after but I don’t think Cyborg wants to wait for two years.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/4/1...rematch-after-ufc-23-mma-jones-ppv-gustafsson

Nunes has all the power now. She has fights down at 135lbs to keep her busy.

If Nunes keeps on winning she can make a very good earning. She will never become the draw Ronda was, but with the proper co-main event, she can maybe pull around 300k.

Her biggest money making fight will be with Holm. I could see them getting it to 400-500 if promoted right, and right co main like you said.

Nunes walked right through Cyborg. Woman beating up a man.

Going to be fun watching Cyborg and her fans complain for two years about not getting that rematch sooner. Like Amanda even cares about defending her 145 belt in division composed of only two other real Featherweights. It was about beating Cyborg and she already did so decisively. Amanda's decision seemed more like her punishing Cyborg in return for Cyborg's prefight trash talking, knowing full well how much a long wait for rematch would upset her.

As we've discussed thoroughly in another thread, Cyborg would not be getting an immediate rematch for several reasons. Dana already made that clear.

Going to be fun watching Cyborg and her fans complain for two years about not getting that rematch sooner. Like Amanda even cares about defending her 145 belt in division composed of only two other real Featherweights. It was about beating Cyborg and she already did so decisively. Amanda's decision seemed more like her punishing Cyborg in return for Cyborg's prefight trash talking, knowing full well how much a long wait for rematch would upset her.

As we've discussed thoroughly in another thread, Cyborg would not be getting an immediate rematch for several reasons. Dana already made that clear.
We got hardcore Amanda fans now guys, watch those PPVs explode!
I'd think she'd want an immediate rematch, easy money!

Wish it was tomorow honestly. Takes up space on the main cards. Create a womans only league. Can you imagine the NBA making us watch a WNBA game before an NBA game? The UFC will never do it cause they know it would do as well as the WNBA does. Not that well. And before some sjw screams "misognynist", I think women should have the right to fight, just not in the UFC. Create their own shit. There are sometimes good fights, but for the most part I just play on my phone if its a sports bar or if at home streaming, I play on my tablet or take a nap.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Cyborg is still biggest money fight in wmma. Cyborg maybe learned a lesson that her power as great as she thought and Amanda hits hard. I don’t like rematches but cyborg is long time champ, was goat in wmma prior to this . No one else to fight at 145 and can’t hold division up for 2 years. Who does she have left to beat at 135, holly Holm? I’d take the cyborg money then move back don for good.

Cyborg called Amanda a traitor. She can pretty much say whatever she wants, especially after that beating.

Back