Nunes: I am going to finish Tate

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/2...na-finish-miesha-tate-wherever-the-fight-goes

I really believe wherever this fight goes, I'm gonna finish her," Nunes said.

On fighting for the title
"I know one day I'm gonna have the opportunity. I'm gonna knock people out. They're going to see my fights. I'm patient. I don't have anything to do but get in the cage and show my work and wait for my time. If the UFC wants to put somebody else, what am I gonna do? I have to wait. I don't have any problems, either, to wait."

When I saw Nunes fight Zingano I was impressed...for a round... There is a lot to like about Nunes but she is a bit like BJ in that her gas tank is suspect. She is fun to watch but doesn't have the ground game to compete with Rousey.

The fight with Tate will be interesting. Tate has good top control, and if she scores the takedown it will be a long night for Nunes. However Nunes has heavy hands and can give Tate all kinds of problems on her feet like McMann and Eye did

Sorry Nunes, you can't finish someone who declined to fight you.

Nunes has legit power. She's a beast.

But at the same time she also has a horrendus gas tank, and let us not forget that it was just 2013 that she was UD'd by Sarah D'Alelio

Nunes striking is awesome but she gasses.

I'm really shocked about this turn of events. This forum has so much more depth with these think pieces leaving no room for long time fans personal opinions and desired match ups etc... Just think, Tate might tweet something similar.. This plot could thicken. Nunes saying this is a game changer. I mean, for her to say the exactly same thing every other fighter has been saying for the last few years, I mean I think this really means something guys.

Fender has spoken

Screen_image_86897.jpg

I'm really shocked about this turn of events. This forum has so much more depth with these think pieces leaving no room for long time fans personal opinions and desired match ups etc... Just think, Tate might tweet something similar.. This plot could thicken. Nunes saying this is a game changer. I mean, for her to say the exactly same thing every other fighter has been saying for the last few years, I mean I think this really means something guys.

tumblr_inline_ni6ybzhKS71rrzg0n.gif

Tate had been getting tagged a little but lately, I could see Nunes maybe getting a stoppage victory, but I'd still favour Tate

awesome fight in an awesome competitive division

If Miesha can survive round one which most likely she will since she's very durable.
I see Tate taking advantage of Nunes gassing which will make it easier for Miesha to take her down.
Remember Miesha is the same tough woman that defeated an Olympic wrestler with a broken orbital bone and made it to round four against Rousey.

Last edited:
I see Tate rallying after R1 to win 29-28. It seems i'm not alone in this estimation.

She is 4-1 in her last 5 (the loss being a 3rd round, barely over a minute in, TKO loss to Cat) and the 4 wins were first round finishes.

And only one 1 of her 15 fights have gone to decision (11-4). And she lost her first official fight 35 seconds in to an arm-bar so since then she is 11-3. So how does someone who wins most their fights, wins most of them early by finishing, get a reputation for having a shit gas tank? Is it all based on the 2nd round of Cat fight? Cat has a very grinding style and she's pretty good obviously. I don't think one bad round is enough to say one way or the other what her gas-tank is like. At worse it hasn't really been tested.

Last edited:
Tate will win this, just to dare Dana to pass her over again for a title shot.

God please beat Tate.

All these assholes clamoring for constant shots at Ronda need to be shot

People shouldn't underestimate the ground game of Nunes. She grew up learning Karate, Boxing, Judo and BJJ. She started Karate at the age of 7, Boxing and BJJ at the age of 16, Judo not long after and started her MMA career at the age of 20.

Per Nunes' UFC Bio...

Black belt in jiu-jitsu, brown belt in judo. Naga World Champ in her weight and Absolute, Pan American Jiu-Jitsu Championship Gold, Mundials Jiu-Jitsu Gold, Brazilian State Jiu-Jitsu Champion

http://www.ufc.ca/fighter/Amanda-Nunes

She's a brown belt in Judo and a black belt in BJJ so she's clearly not going to be a joke in the grappling department. If it goes to the ground nobody should be surprised if she ends up outclassing Tate.

If Miesha can survive round one which most likely she will since she's very durable.
I see Tate taking advantage of Nunes gassing which will make it easier for Miesha to take her down.
Remember Miesha is the same tough woman that defeated an Olympic wrestler with a broken orbital bone and made it to round four against Rousey.

Nunes finished that same Olympic wrestler in 1 round

Back